PDA

View Full Version : George...marketing hi-jack...

HalfBaked
10-05-2006, 12:50 PM
You walk up to almost any person at a show that isnt on ImportAtlanta or SupraForums, etc or involved in the so called "scene", then I dont believe they would. I refer lots of folks over to BG just because they've always treated me well, but most that Ive talked to have never heard of them. I remember hearing originally about BATLGround at a show and seeing a decal.

My point being, Id personally rather would take a small hit just to get more items out to people. Its could easily be a proven fact that having 20 or more people wearing shirts will get more promotion and word of mouth business then two people. Becuase probably those two people already have many people that bought the shirts already know of BATLGround. Its that one person that buys a shirt because he/she likes the logo, or something else, that will check out the shop himself and refer his buddies their.

Ok, saw Tracy's post saying that it cost more then $4 to produce. I'd assume the cost of the shirt would probably be around $10~

If that is the case I'd rather sell it for $20 :P

Sell 100 shirts at $15, that gives her $500 profit, plus 100 units of advertising.

Sell 70 shirts at $20 gives her $700 profit, plus 70 units of advertising.

With mass advertising, I'd be willing to give up a few more people having the shirts for more of an up front profit, because you realize if someone sees the shirt and likes it, they will want to buy one.

When I had my old BG shirt, I would always have people asking me where to get one.

brads94accord
10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
shut up matt you failed marketing, accounting, accounting, accounting again, accounting one more time.

lol

HalfBaked
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
shut up matt you failed marketing, accounting, accounting, accounting again, accounting one more time.

lol
I never failed marketing!

Just accounting 3 times and business statistics once.

Nemesis
10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Ok, saw Tracy's post saying that it cost more then $4 to produce. I'd assume the cost of the shirt would probably be around $10~

If that is the case I'd rather sell it for $20 :P

Sell 100 shirts at $15, that gives her $500 profit, plus 100 units of advertising.

Sell 70 shirts at $20 gives her $700 profit, plus 70 units of advertising.

With mass advertising, I'd be willing to give up a few more people having the shirts for more of an up front profit, because you realize if someone sees the shirt and likes it, they will want to buy one.

When I had my old BG shirt, I would always have people asking me where to get one.

Numbers are great, however if people were simply just numbers and not free thinkers then in theory I personally would do it the same. In your 200 dollars of extra profit you are losing 30 potential customers

30 potential customers X how ever many customers could be reffered = a lot of missed oppurtunities.

Like I had said before, BATLGround nor any other shop will make a killing on Tshirt selling or mouse pads or hats. But like you said when you always wore your shirt im sure you either sent them to talk to Dan or Tracy, which gets them a face to face connection to try and earn their business right?

HalfBaked
10-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Well I tend to think people who happen to pay more for a shirt would wear it more often, more places then just events. Allowing more people to see it.

Nemesis
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Well I tend to think people who happen to pay more for a shirt would wear it more often, more places then just events. Allowing more people to see it.

This is true, but for most "motorsport" shirts are usually worn around at car events or hanging out with friends at a meet. Other times, you're at your job where they a dress code, or you're out to dinner somewhere nice.

I personally wear motorsport oriented shirts a lot, but like all tshirts they fade after numerous washing, low quality hanes shirts or high quality fruit of the loom :lmao: they all eventually lose color and wearability. But if you sell shirts for cheaper, you might have continuous buyers that want a "fresh" shirt every month :lmfao:

Tracy
Matt wore his shirt out! Thanks Matt. Sometimes I would see him wear it 3 days in a row.

Nemesis
Matt wore his shirt out! Thanks Matt. Sometimes I would see him wear it 3 days in a row.

Dont mind the yellow stains :lmfao:

HalfBaked
10-05-2006, 01:02 PM
I would wash it sometimes tho!

Haha. Yea, I miss that shirt. :(

Tracy
10-05-2006, 01:04 PM
He still wore it yellow stains and all :) He's my model

HalfBaked
10-05-2006, 01:05 PM
He still wore it yellow stains and all :) He's my model
I'm supa seckzy!

I'm gonna try to get to the V tonight, not sure if I'll be able to though, I work until 930.

Jimmy B
10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
comming from a buisness owner, shirts are advertizing... not a market for profit at all.. 200 bucks is NOTHING for a buisness... with the size of REAL buisness's bills, 200 bucks is not a big deal..
the big thing that t-shirts do, is advertize, i sell mine for 12 bucks, sometimse customers get them for 10... its more of getting your name out than anythign else...
also, customers take pride in wearing a company name that they support..

im personally about to start more of a sports clothing line that people can/will wear out to more than just skating events(thats the sport), the shirts will appeal to more to be worn out during the day, even to night events, clubs, etc.. not to promote at those placees, but to let my customers feel like they are helping me, and showing theyre support for my products...

B16a2 Civic
10-05-2006, 06:49 PM
i'll hustle em out, holla at me

Blitanicle99
10-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Shit I bought one at Nopi (traci I am still dissapointed I didnt get a sticker...) and I wear it whenver its clean. I love the design on it for some reason and I get alot of questions about it.

Tracy
10-05-2006, 10:19 PM
comming from a buisness owner, shirts are advertizing... not a market for profit at all.. 200 bucks is NOTHING for a buisness... with the size of REAL buisness's bills, 200 bucks is not a big deal..
the big thing that t-shirts do, is advertize, i sell mine for 12 bucks, sometimse customers get them for 10... its more of getting your name out than anythign else...
also, customers take pride in wearing a company name that they support..

im personally about to start more of a sports clothing line that people can/will wear out to more than just skating events(thats the sport), the shirts will appeal to more to be worn out during the day, even to night events, clubs, etc.. not to promote at those placees, but to let my customers feel like they are helping me, and showing theyre support for my products...

isn't this an oxymoron??? Trust me when I say I'm not ballin' off the shirts. I guess I should assume that you pay $12 for your company shirts and and lose money when you sell them for $10. Call me if this is the case, I can get you a better deal :)

We are also selling other clothing now.....for profit :) and they apeal to people for wearing out ;) http://www.driftempire.com/catalog

Jimmy B
10-06-2006, 10:27 AM
tracy, when i say profit, i mean its little profit... to me, 200 bucks at a trade show isnt anything, its the other stuff that i sell that i rely on..

i do make a prrofit on the shirts, but its deffentally not somethign i can pay bills with!

imbosile
10-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I didn't see them for sale last night, did you bring them to The Varsity?

Tracy
10-06-2006, 12:47 PM
tracy, when i say profit, i mean its little profit... to me, 200 bucks at a trade show isnt anything, its the other stuff that i sell that i rely on..

i do make a prrofit on the shirts, but its deffentally not somethign i can pay bills with!

OH I see what you are saying now! You mean making $200 off of shirts isn't alot. I thought you were sayng spending $200 on shirts to give away isn't a lot and we should just give them away. I had it backwards. My apologies :)

Vteckidd
10-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Hell, we buy decals an we used to sell them. Now we just give them away when people want one. It costs us $200-300 to get xxxx stickers made.

We also get Tshirts made, usually we sell them for $10 just to break even, but often we give them away at Dyno Days or other events.

LiL PaKi
10-06-2006, 04:17 PM
I never failed marketing!

Just accounting 3 times and business statistics once.

:eek: u failed accounting 3 times... damn... would u hate me if i said I passed ACCT 1 and II with A's and i'm in my 8th accounting class?

brads94accord
10-07-2006, 08:32 AM
:eek: u failed accounting 3 times... damn... would u hate me if i said I passed ACCT 1 and II with A's and i'm in my 8th accounting class?

but the thing with matt is he's an alcoholic and he never goes to class. I'm sure if he studied a little bit and went to class he would probably do well.

ShooterMcGavin
10-14-2006, 12:19 AM
^^^:lmfao:

HalfBaked
10-14-2006, 12:35 AM
but the thing with matt is he's an alcoholic and he never goes to class. I'm sure if he studied a little bit and went to class he would probably do well.
It is true.

I'm insanely smart.

I just would rather drink then apply myself to school work.