PDA

View Full Version : BOV question (kinda stupid)

HotHordas7
05-28-2005, 11:11 PM
This may be a very dumb question I have a bov laying around for my turbo project I was working on but ran low on money and stopped my question for you guys is Can I still install it on my car without the rest of the parts so I can just have the hissing sound it makes or not

chuck
05-28-2005, 11:36 PM
no

Tuan
05-29-2005, 02:28 AM
why

THEONE
05-29-2005, 01:48 PM
just wait until you get your turbo hooked up on your car.did you decide to run a turbo for more power or a hissing sound? if its for the hissing sound you should not even do it.

HotHordas7
05-29-2005, 06:04 PM
just wait until you get your turbo hooked up on your car.did you decide to run a turbo for more power or a hissing sound? if its for the hissing sound you should not even do it.

well I guess I'll have to wait for some extra money to come in

THEONE
05-29-2005, 06:47 PM
well I guess I'll have to wait for some extra money to come in

what parts do you have now and what else do you need?

bigb996
05-29-2005, 07:23 PM
dont take this the wrogn way but if your doing a turbo project im surprised your even asking this question. The bov only makes the hiss sound when the excess boost from the turbo comes through the piping that sound is that air being released. Do some research before you do the turbo so you know what you getting into. good luck.

HotHordas7
05-29-2005, 07:23 PM
what parts do you have now and what else do you need?

Well I had everything except for the turbo, manifold, missing link & the ecu
As I said up above in the first post I quit the project due to lack of money and sold all the parts except for the the Greddy BOV and the DSM 450cc injectors I would want more than anything to continue on the project but I am running short on money unexpected expenses came up I was even gonna sell my car just to get out from under but I love it too much and didn't sell it so I will have to as I said wait and save some money to start the project all over again

HotHordas7
05-29-2005, 07:27 PM
dont take this the wrogn way but if your doing a turbo project im surprised your even asking this question. The bov only makes the hiss sound when the excess boost from the turbo comes through the piping that sound is that air being released. Do some research before you do the turbo so you know what you getting into. good luck.

well thats why I put "(kinda stupid)" in the header already knew it but thought if it'd work any other way without turbo turns out no so it's cool

yerrow
05-30-2005, 11:11 AM

actually you are wrong...the excess boost from the turbo is released by a wastegate. BOV's release the compressed air when the throttle is closed not allowing it to get to the turbo

HiPSI
05-30-2005, 03:58 PM
actually you are wrong...the excess boost from the turbo is released by a wastegate. BOV's release the compressed air when the throttle is closed not allowing it to get to the turbo

well, the BOOST is technically on the intake side of the engine so excess boost pressure is released by the blowoff valve. excess exhaust pressure is relieved by the wastegate on the hot side thus controlling the boost on the cold side of the turbo.

HiPSI
05-30-2005, 03:59 PM
but either way... no BOV without boost. it may open under high vacuum if you loosen it as far as it will go but i don't think you'll make much noise with it and it would be worthless.

SilverJester
05-30-2005, 04:46 PM
it would open under vaccum, but you don't want to do that, you'll get a lot of unmetered air which would cause your car to run lean. Do some research, learn how turbo systems work before you attempt to install one ->howstuffworks.com<- awsome site

HotHordas7
05-30-2005, 08:28 PM
it would open under vaccum, but you don't want to do that, you'll get a lot of unmetered air which would cause your car to run lean. Do some research, learn how turbo systems work before you attempt to install one ->howstuffworks.com<- awsome site

damn just like the man said awesome web site gives you a whole new picture how the car engine and parts of it work very useful for me since I never got any teaching about cars thought myself but this site gets A+

4dmin
06-02-2005, 01:14 PM
dude if you just want the pshhhh noise just buy one of those exhaust or horns that make the same noise ;)

Spyder
06-02-2005, 03:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977423560&category=33633&sspagename=WDVW

y0!

HotHordas7
06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977423560&category=33633&sspagename=WDVW

y0!

I heard they don't work on aftermarket exhausts

Monoxide
06-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I'd save the cash for a nice kit.......

SilverJester
06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
just roll your window down, stick your head out the window and yell PPPSSSSSHHHHHH. or better yet get a real turbo.

HotHordas7
06-06-2005, 09:17 PM
just roll your window down, stick your head out the window and yell PPPSSSSSHHHHHH. or better yet get a real turbo.

I had a realy bad day at work but you my man made me laugh so bad! HAH HAHAHAH ;)

HotHordas7
06-06-2005, 11:33 PM
I'd save the cash for a nice kit.......

Stupid ME why didn't I think of that?!!!!!

EgAndMe
08-17-2005, 06:05 AM
or you could start by reading Corky Bell's "maximum boost" after you get done with that i promise you will be like oh that's how it works! It tells you everything you need to know.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
08-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Oh man...sad to think you actually considered the exhaust thing...

Evo_X_Mark
12-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Looking for some more $$? Want to sell the Injectors, Plugs, and Honda resistor box?