PDA

View Full Version : Import Showdown Pics. My boy Mike won........

slyde_wayz
10-04-2006, 11:03 AM
My boy Mike here came first overall.
Even won the DSM Shootout.
97 Eclipse GSX mid boost. Best time was 10.21

deffro
10-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Is he running nitrous?

slyde_wayz
10-04-2006, 11:09 AM
No....

AWD OWNZ U
10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
DSMs are gay but that car is sick.

HalfBaked
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
The trophies have gotten nicer.

Repost Squintz
10-04-2006, 11:55 AM
he looks high in the first two pix

B18c1Turboed
10-04-2006, 12:17 PM
About damm time he ran that car, and it stop being a trailor queen!!

1439/2000
10-04-2006, 12:18 PM

Hater.

I see Jenns galant peaking in the background.

batdude8
10-04-2006, 12:41 PM
i wish i coulda made it... but i cant bare to not be in the starion...

gastroker
10-04-2006, 08:30 PM
My boy Mike here came first overall.
Even won the DSM Shootout.
97 Eclipse GSX mid boost. Best time was 10.21

Thanx bro but just to clarify.... yes I run nitrous but a very small shot to get the boost in quick and it was a 10.3 not 10.2 but I appreciate the extra 10th :)

And I felt pretty high when I actually won.:bump:

gastroker
10-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Well, I'm assuming you have an EVO since you got one as your Avatar. I think you should show some respect to the DSM's since they were, for the longest time, the only AWD turbo 4 car you could get in this country unless you had big money for a Porsche or some shit. we paved the way for the EVO to get here.
But I must agree, there are some ricey ass DSM's around here making us look really shitty.

AWD OWNZ U
10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, I'm assuming you have an EVO since you got one as your Avatar. I think you should show some respect to the DSM's since they were, for the longest time, the only AWD turbo 4 car you could get in this country unless you had big money for a Porsche or some shit. we paved the way for the EVO to get here.
But I must agree, there are some ricey ass DSM's around here making us look really shitty.

EVO? EVO? EVO? THAT'S A SUBARU BITCH!!!!!!!

gastroker
10-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh...Sorry I didn't mean to give you that much credit.
We paved the way for your asses too.
BITCH.

2.0civic
10-04-2006, 10:21 PM
LIRL, at the irony....nice time slips. what kind of mods do you have on the GSX and what is considered "mid boost"?

gastroker
10-04-2006, 10:31 PM
It was about 5 pounds under my high setting. I was trying to gradually work my way up because that was my first time racing on that clutch.

AWD OWNZ U
10-05-2006, 12:43 AM
BITCH.

Nice try jackass but Subaru has had turbo AWDs long before DSMs were around. I'd like to point out this started with a *compliment* about your particular car. Way to be a typical DSM owner. A fast POS is still a POS.

gastroker
10-05-2006, 09:03 AM
In the US? And did they stay or go away and then come back. My point was that for a while DSM's were the only ones you could get your hands on not that they were the 1st to make them. And your compliment started with an insult. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch.

1439/2000
10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
BITCH.

Excuse me, I paved the way.

Galant VR4= 1987 Japanese car of the year.

1st Turbo AWD to make serious power and be fast.

The RX doesn't count.

shortysm22
10-05-2006, 09:20 AM
congrats on the win, very impressive

AWD OWNZ U
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
In the US? And did they stay or go away and then come back. My point was that for a while DSM's were the only ones you could get your hands on not that they were the 1st to make them. And your compliment started with an insult. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Subaru has sold turbo AWD cars since the early eighties. Including the XT turbo which was probably the first Japanese turbo AWD "sports" car in the US.

http://www.subarusvadlenka.cz/History/xt01.jpg

The DSM might have popularized the AWD turbo thing but it isn't responsible for bring the EVO here. You can thank the WRX for that. A WRX that was brought over because of my car.

I dunno that I agree with you 1439/2000. The Audi UR Quattros are at least as fast as VR-4. The VR-4 was the first "tuner" turbo AWD for sure though.

1439/2000
10-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Subaru has sold turbo AWD cars since the early eighties. Including the XT turbo which was probably the first Japanese turbo AWD "sports" car in the US.

http://www.subarusvadlenka.cz/History/xt01.jpg

The DSM might have popularized the AWD turbo thing but it isn't responsible for bring the EVO here. You can thank the WRX for that. A WRX that was brought over because of my car.

I dunno that I agree with you 1439/2000. The Audi UR Quattros are at least as fast as VR-4. The VR-4 was the first "tuner" turbo AWD for sure though.

Maybe off road, but I've never seen one run 10's.

I want one though. In Lhasa blue.

AWD OWNZ U
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Maybe off road, but I've never seen one run 10's.

I want one though. In Lhasa blue.

I meant back in the late 80s. I dunno that much about VR-4s but I bet it took a little while for them to hit the 10s. I know there is at least one 700hp UR Quattro stomping around so I wouldn't be so sure that VR-4s are that much faster. Regardless I'm sure they were more than competitive with VR-4s back in the day which is what I meant. They are hella sick cars too.

Ed
10-05-2006, 01:12 PM
why are all (most) subie owners assholes? anyway, nice win, i saw your car, it's really nice, and 10.21 jesus... lol.. very nice, congrats...

AWD OWNZ U
10-05-2006, 02:34 PM
why are all (most) subie owners assholes? anyway, nice win, i saw your car, it's really nice, and 10.21 jesus... lol.. very nice, congrats...

We have to sign an agreement when we buy the car. I have two so I have to be extra dick.

gastroker
10-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey guys,
I wasn't trying to start a flame war or anything. I'd like to reiterate.
I know that Subaru and Mitsubishi had TAWD IN THE 80's. I was in no way implying that the DSM came first.But throught out the 90's all the sports cars kept falling off in leu of SUVs. RX7,Supra, MR2,(lastest the longest I believe), 300ZX. Subie's didn't have one in America at all in the 90's that I can recall. Z German guyz had very expensive Porsches and I'm not sure about Audi but if they did, I know it had a heftier price tag than a lil' ol' DSM. So my point was, that affordably if you wanted TAWD in the U.S. for quite a few years the only option was a DSM. I know they aren't the weapon of choice these days with EVO's and Subie's on the prowl but DSM's still have the same basic platform and potential. So, I just ask that you respect that. That is of course unless in has spray painted yellow trim or a big ass Nike Swoosh on it. (ick).

Fast Shadow
10-05-2006, 08:10 PM

You'd be angry too if it took you 16 hours to change your sparkplugs. :lmfao:

vtecgsrguy
10-05-2006, 08:32 PM
damn u guyz....lol.... DSM GUYZ ARE BITCHY!..LOL...JK...congrats on ya win bro! last time i saw ya ride it was on a trailor!..lol.... wish i coulda seen ya run...

gastroker
10-05-2006, 09:20 PM
thanx bro.... Hopefully it won't be seein as much trailor anymore.

Ed
10-05-2006, 10:26 PM

hahahahahaha i love the roflecopter pilot too omg :lmfao:

AWD OWNZ U
10-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey guys,
I wasn't trying to start a flame war or anything. I'd like to reiterate.
I know that Subaru and Mitsubishi had TAWD IN THE 80's. I was in no way implying that the DSM came first.But throught out the 90's all the sports cars kept falling off in leu of SUVs. RX7,Supra, MR2,(lastest the longest I believe), 300ZX. Subie's didn't have one in America at all in the 90's that I can recall. Z German guyz had very expensive Porsches and I'm not sure about Audi but if they did, I know it had a heftier price tag than a lil' ol' DSM. So my point was, that affordably if you wanted TAWD in the U.S. for quite a few years the only option was a DSM. I know they aren't the weapon of choice these days with EVO's and Subie's on the prowl but DSM's still have the same basic platform and potential. So, I just ask that you respect that. That is of course unless in has spray painted yellow trim or a big ass Nike Swoosh on it. (ick).

Haha, don't worry I'm not even close to mad. Calling my RS an EVO made me bust out laughing. lol Subaru made TAWD cars until 94 with the Legacy Sport (which is jokingly refered to as the "DSM of Subarus"), one of which I actually own. Then they stopped giving us FI until the WRX returned as a 2002. Audi has continuous made turbo AWDs to my knowledge though I'm no Audi expert. I know the 5000CS' were made were made into the 90s. My parents had a late 80s one and it was not exactly a barn burner in performance but supposedly the later 20vs were pretty quick. Let's also not forget the oft overlooked 323GTX. Also will not technically cars the SyTys were being made around then too. The DSM was definitely THE mainstream affordable TAWD, but there were other cars around. I don't like DSMs and for the most part I don't like DSM owners because they are douchebags. I can respect a well built fast car like yours regardless of what it is but I don't think i'll ever like DSMs in general.

FWIW it only takes me 12 hours to replace my spark plugs. :tongue1:

Dirka Dirka
11-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Despite all the insults from Mr. Subaru, that car is freakin tight! Keep spoolin my friend.

CB7tuner
11-06-2006, 02:00 PM
has this car been in the McDonough area on a trailor? I swear ive seen it in the Target parking lot in McDonough. it had a carbon fiber trunk and hood, nitrous bottle sitting in the back, a headlight missing, and white rims and maybe a plexy-glass rear window?

GTScoob
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM

Ha. I think it took me 30 mins to pull them all out last time.

How much boost are you working up to if you're only at 5psi now?

stlth664
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Congrats on the win, Mike!! :goodjob:

CNH7207
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
i,ve owned both i now have a dsm they both have good and bad wrx loose tranneys dsms bad for oil leaks who was here first who cares its about cars they all break down and we fix them power is about money who ever has the most money normaly has the fastest cars