PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods wheel vibration

05spectra
05-28-2005, 04:10 PM
okay , heres my prob.
I have a set of custom wheels and when I travel upto aprox. 50mph I have a
vibration in my steering wheel . So I thought they need re-balancing , so got it done. Still happens. So I got the hub rings. STILL does it . What the hell
is it? These wheels are brand new.I have heard about the tire not being true round or they might need the on car high speed balancing. I DONT KNOW.
Does any one have any ideas , or know where i could get this problem fixed
because im out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

05spectra
05-29-2005, 08:31 PM
hello?????????

manchi
05-29-2005, 10:52 PM
maybe it got bent somewhere? b/c that was my problem before.

eViLMunkey
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
have a forced variation balancing... that could help if not then someone bent something...

05spectra
05-31-2005, 06:51 PM
have a forced variation balancing... that could help if not then someone bent something...

Where can i get this done at?

eViLMunkey
06-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Butler Tire should be able to do it and most dealers have the balancer that can...

05spectra
06-01-2005, 03:52 PM
do you think that shitty tires could cause this prob.? they sold me cheap tires with the package.

Xrated O.G.
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Lets step back for just a moment and look at another possibility. Not all aftermarket wheels are produced to be a "hub centric" wheel. Actually a lot of them are a "lug centric" wheel. This may or may not apply to your issue but its something to think about. Even if you have the hub centric rings on a wheel but its a lug centric set up you can and will have vibration issues. If it was me in the situation I would contact the manafacturer of the wheels to verify which way they are designed for "your" application. Then if thats not the issue then look into some road force tire readings. Which by the way we happen to do here at work for a modest fee......

speedracer41
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
^^^What he said. We have done 3-4, Spec 5's with 18in rims / Never had a complaint about vibration.

05spectra
06-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Lets step back for just a moment and look at another possibility. Not all aftermarket wheels are produced to be a "hub centric" wheel. Actually a lot of them are a "lug centric" wheel. This may or may not apply to your issue but its something to think about. Even if you have the hub centric rings on a wheel but its a lug centric set up you can and will have vibration issues. If it was me in the situation I would contact the manafacturer of the wheels to verify which way they are designed for "your" application. Then if thats not the issue then look into some road force tire readings. Which by the way we happen to do here at work for a modest fee......

where you work?and how much? they are 17" konigs .

speedracer41
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
^^^Gwinnett Place KIa, $50 with roadforce, $40 w/o