PDA

View Full Version : Dekalb County

toonz
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
The police department is not taking any chances they are now shooting people till death In the last month they have shot and killed 10 people. In a state as a whole New York 6 and California 4 the 2 leading state in police shootings. In just the past month they have broken the record of the 2 largest state's in police on suspect shootings.:(

TeeJay
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
what?

HalfBaked
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/HalfBaked2002/ownedgunshot.gif

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
what?

:police: :fire: :police:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM
bang bang bitch

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM
and im perfectly fine with them doing that! if a suspect is running.. and a car chase starts i don't want to die b/c some fuckass doesn't want to go to jail for breaking the law.. they make their own decisions.. they shouldn't have commited the crime in the first place.. if they didn't they wouldn't be in the situation to get shot..

TeeJay
10-03-2006, 11:22 AM
:police: :fire: :police:
ahh ok i get it now

toonz
10-03-2006, 11:39 AM
and im perfectly fine with them doing that! if a suspect is running.. and a car chase starts i don't want to die b/c some fuckass doesn't want to go to jail for breaking the law.. they make their own decisions.. they shouldn't have commited the crime in the first place.. if they didn't they wouldn't be in the situation to get shot..
Damn

Nemesis
10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Population control

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 11:42 AM

agreed. You run, you are hiding something. take out the kneecaps

The Golden Child
10-03-2006, 11:43 AM
police - biggest organized gang ..

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 11:44 AM

shot and killed dumbass not just shot and injured.

thats fuckin stupid to take someones life because they were scared of a traffic ticket. its dumb to think that way but not to loose your life over it. your crazy :yes:

R.Kelly
10-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Population control

hell yea :goodjob:

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM

thats fuckin stupid to take someones life because they were scared of a traffic ticket. its dumb to think that way but not to loose your life over it. your crazy :yes:so you are telling me that if someone is running.. and they are in a car chase.. and they have a head on collision with your family memeber or friend you would be ok with that? why not take them out while you can.. then they don't put anyone else's life in danger.. and we have another criminal off the streets.. and more than likely they are running for more charges than being scared of a traffic violation.. :goodjob:

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 11:50 AM
personaly i think its sad to hear shit like that......i got robbed by an AK and we called the police.

the guys ran but the officers didnt shoot at them the cornered them in(where they were in tha woods) and hand cuffed them. no shooting and i wouldnt feel god unless their ass was in jail. not shot. i would have raised hell if i heard they were dead. that shit it not right.

( and even nif i got injusred i would want them in jail for life) and if they got out "nature will take its course" but i dont think its te police job to shoot and kill pple because they run. police are people as well.

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 11:51 AM
so you are telling me that if someone is running.. and they are in a car chase.. and they have a head on collision with your family memeber or friend you would be ok with that? why not take them out while you can.. then they don't put anyone else's life in danger.. and we have another criminal off the streets.. and more than likely they are running for more charges than being scared of a traffic violation.. :goodjob:

Also, what if they are drunk?? makes it 100x worse. Plus, we the taxpayers would probably have to pay for the fuckers well being after he commits vehicular mansluaghter....although there is a difference in a leg and a head shot

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
im not saying to shoot someone if they are just commiting a misdemeanor.. that isn't right.. but if my life (or the police officers life) is in danger i feel it's ok.. to each his own right..

plus if a weapon is drawn (from the suspect) the officer has every right to shoot if they feel their life is threatened! i don't blame them one bit..

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Tasuki, straying off topic a little but still the same concept, how do you feel about school shootings?? do you think if police got in and could take out the gunmen before they killed more people, should they??

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Also, what if they are drunk?? makes it 100x worse. Plus, we the taxpayers would probably have to pay for the fuckers well being after he commits vehicular mansluaghter....although there is a difference in a leg and a head shot exactly.. but see my last post.. if the suspect pulls out a weapon they are forced to shoot.. for their safety.. but yea if they shoot them just because they felt like it.. that is wrong

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
im not saying to shoot someone if they are just commiting a misdeminor.. that isn't right.. but if my life (or the police officers life) is in danger i feel it's ok.. to each his own right..

plus if a weapon is drawn (from the suspect) the officer has every right to shoot if they feel their life is threatened! i don't blame them one bit..

this is all pretty much news to me but if the officers were at fault, they would be suspended/fired without pay. What are the situations where these people ran?? were any of them misdemeanors without weapons?

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:55 AM
this is all pretty much news to me but if the officers were at fault, they would be suspended/fired without pay. What are the situations where these people ran?? were any of them misdemeanors without weapons?i honestly don't know.. i caught a little of the story from the shooting this morning.. hang on let me post it..

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 11:55 AM
exactly.. but see my last post.. if the suspect pulls out a weapon they are forced to shoot.. for their safety.. but yea if they shoot them just because they felt like it.. that is wrong

i can understand where both of you are coming from but with having family in military, look at it like this when it comes to weapons being drawn....You or me....and i dont feel like dying today..

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:56 AM
yep the suspect had a gun...

Suspect in fatal carjacking killed by police

By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 10/03/06

One man was killed and another wounded by DeKalb County police early Tuesday in a shootout that followed a fatal carjacking in Atlanta and police chase in DeKalb.

The carjacking suspect was the 10th person to be fatally shot by DeKalb police this year, and the 11th to die in a confrontation with county police.

• Map of Tuesday's carjacking, chase and fatal finish

Ponce de Leon Avenue was closed east of Moreland Avenue during Tuesday's morning commute, creating long traffic tieups and clogging other secondary roads into Atlanta. The road reopened after the morning commute.

The stolen vehicle, a Chevy Tahoe, struck a street sign and spun out on Ponce de Leon at Oakdale Road, and officers boxed it in, DeKalb police spokesman Jason Gagnon said.

As the officers approached the vehicle, "the driver raised his arm, and he had a weapon in his hand," Gagnon said.

"He fired several shots from the vehicle, and the officers returned fire, striking both the driver and the passenger," Gagnon said.

The driver died at the scene, and the passenger was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in critical condition. Their names were not immediately available.

The Tahoe was stolen about 1:40 a.m. on Richardson Street in Atlanta, according to Atlanta police dispatchers. They said the Tahoe driver was fatally shot in the chest and pulled from the truck.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office identified the Tahoe driver as Daniel Sanchez, 34, of Union City.

The Tahoe was equipped with an OnStar tracking device, and about 5:15 a.m., OnStar operators notified DeKalb police that the vehicle was in the area of Memorial Drive and Columbia Drive, said Gagnon, the DeKalb spokesman.

DeKalb police spotted the SUV, with two men inside, a short time later, and began a chase that went in both directions on I-285 before heading toward downtown Atlanta on surface streets.

None of the four DeKalb officers involved in the shooting was injured, Gagnon said. The officers were placed on administrative leave.

The traffic jams created because of the closing of Ponce de Leon Avenue -- a major route into downtown from DeKalb County -- forced officials at the private Paideia School on South Ponce de Leon Avenue at Oakdale Road to delay the opening of classes for an hour, a school spokeswoman said.

Nick Marinelli, DeKalb's interim police chief, has started a review of the spate of police shootings.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-03-2006, 11:56 AM
too many bullets.....

not enough guns......

Dekalb's motto?

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
i honestly don't know.. i caught a little of the story from the shooting this morning.. hang on let me post it..

thats another point i was about to make....people get all pissed off cause shit happens and they dont know what the fuck happened. Everyone is entitled to opinions but when you say "they didnt deserve to die" look at the WHOLE situation, not just the cop firing a round.

Darwinism at its best

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
i can understand where both of you are coming from but with having family in military, look at it like this when it comes to weapons being drawn....You or me....and i dont feel like dying today..yep.. one of my best friends is serving in iraq for the second time.. so crap like this makes me take a different view on things..

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 11:58 AM
thats another point i was about to make....people get all pissed off cause shit happens and they dont know what the fuck happened. Everyone is entitled to opinions but when you say "they didnt deserve to die" look at the WHOLE situation, not just the cop firing a round.

Darwinism at its bestlol i wasnt talking about this situation specificaly.. i was talking in general..

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:01 PM
While i read this (evidently drivers fault):
One man was killed and another wounded by DeKalb County police early Tuesday in a shootout that followed a fatal carjacking in Atlanta and police chase in DeKalb.

The stolen vehicle, a Chevy Tahoe, struck a street sign and spun out on Ponce de Leon at Oakdale Road, and officers boxed it in, DeKalb police spokesman Jason Gagnon said.

"He fired several shots from the vehicle, and the officers returned fire, striking both the driver and the passenger," Gagnon said.

As the officers approached the vehicle, "the driver raised his arm, and he had a weapon in his hand," Gagnon said.

DeKalb police spotted the SUV, with two men inside, a short time later, and began a chase that went in both directions on I-285 before heading toward downtown Atlanta on surface streets.

All a few people in here read is this

The driver died at the scene, and the passenger was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in critical condition. Their names were not immediately available.

None of the four DeKalb officers involved in the shooting was injured, Gagnon said. The officers were placed on administrative leave.

Please read the entire thing before posting shit that you dont know

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
yep.. one of my best friends is serving in iraq for the second time.. so crap like this makes me take a different view on things..

had some things not came up at the last minute before i signed papers, i would be over there now

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:04 PM
so there is MORE than enough evidence that this guy got what was coming

Lets recap....Stole a car, apparently shot someone or somthing, hence the FATAL carjacking part, led cops down busy streets endangering lives of many, brandished a weapon at a cop....

And you think we should give these people time to kill others....LIRL, people that do thingslike this are the reason im glad im not military to defend these dumbasses freedoms

R.Kelly
10-03-2006, 12:08 PM
i think that if they are endangering lives shoot them instead of sending them to jail.....a box of 9 mm shells = 10$...............a prisoner in jail = a shit load of $

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah some people pulled weapons but some didn't but c'mon I'll understand for the one's that pulled weapons but officers are trained to shoot they don't have to kill I don't think the killings were all that necessary

{X}Echo419
10-03-2006, 12:13 PM
there's a little moe to this than, run=shot. if the suspect has killed someone, has a gun, or "acts in an agressive manner" police can respond to "Stop the agressive action" (that's verbatium of the law). :police:

I'm willing to bet that once(if not already) the words gets out that Dekalb police aren't taking any shit from these violent criminals that people will do their dirty deeds somewhere else. :2cents:

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah some people pulled weapons but some didn't but c'mon I'll understand for the one's that pulled weapons but officers are trained to shoot they don't have to kill I don't think the killings were all that necessary

Ever had a gun pointed at you?? At that point, training goes out the window and instinct takesover.

do you have any links to your proof that the other assailants didn't have weapons?? You are correct, police are trained shooters and i dont think they would kill 11 unarmed suspects in a small time frame

i think that if they are endangering lives shoot them instead of sending them to jail.....a box of 9 mm shells = 10$...............a prisoner in jail = a shit load of $

well said. hell, it cost more for the average prisoner to be sheltered than i make a year.

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM
yep the suspect had a gun...

Suspect in fatal carjacking killed by police

By MIKE MORRIS

Published on: 10/03/06

The carjacking suspect was the 10th person to be fatally shot by DeKalb police this year, and the 11th to die in a confrontation with county police.

• Map of Tuesday's carjacking, chase and fatal finish

Ponce de Leon Avenue was closed east of Moreland Avenue during Tuesday's morning commute, creating long traffic tieups and clogging other secondary roads into Atlanta. The road reopened after the morning commute.

The Tahoe was stolen about 1:40 a.m. on Richardson Street in Atlanta, according to Atlanta police dispatchers. They said the Tahoe driver was fatally shot in the chest and pulled from the truck.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office identified the Tahoe driver as Daniel Sanchez, 34, of Union City.

The Tahoe was equipped with an OnStar tracking device, and about 5:15 a.m., OnStar operators notified DeKalb police that the vehicle was in the area of Memorial Drive and Columbia Drive, said Gagnon, the DeKalb spokesman.

The traffic jams created because of the closing of Ponce de Leon Avenue -- a major route into downtown from DeKalb County -- forced officials at the private Paideia School on South Ponce de Leon Avenue at Oakdale Road to delay the opening of classes for an hour, a school spokeswoman said.

Nick Marinelli, DeKalb's interim police chief, has started a review of the spate of police shootings.
well i feel sorry for the victim and maybe the suspects needed to be delt with but what about the other 9 they killed some were not armed with weapons

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Toonz, you arent even old enough to have a pistol....why you worried??

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:19 PM
did you just bold the part where THE DRIVER OF THE HIGHJACKED CAR GOT SHOT to prove a point he didnt have to die?? Well he didnt have to steal the guys car either. get a god damn job

babygurl
10-03-2006, 12:20 PM

thats fuckin stupid to take someones life because they were scared of a traffic ticket. its dumb to think that way but not to loose your life over it. your crazy :yes:

First tiem I am ever disagreeing with you...It fucking stupid for that person, to be scared of a traffic ticket, who run, and almost slams into cars, or people walking. People that are desperate do stupid shit. They deserve to get shot, for running from the cops, for putting peoples life in danger..

The fuckers deserve whatever comes to it.

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
well i feel sorry for the victim and maybe the suspects needed to be delt with but what about the other 9 they killed some were not armed with weapons

give links. Ive already dismantled this one. Suspect got what was coming, end of story. Prove your point, dont just make statements that you cant back up. Thats like all these 12 second civics people have.....:rolleyes:

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Well said babygurl, if they were the ones hit and killed, their opinions wouldnt matter anyway but i bet they would want the fucker dead then.....

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Ever had a gun pointed at you?? At that point, training goes out the window and instinct takesover.

do you have any links to your proof that the other assailants didn't have weapons?? You are correct, police are trained shooters and i dont think they would kill 11 unarmed suspects in a small time frame

well said. hell, it cost more for the average prisoner to be sheltered than i make a year.
In the matter of Fact yes I have had A gun put to my head before Matter of Fact it was an auto pump shot gun but that's not the issue here im saying yes these 2 dudes deserve what they have recieved but in the 10 people they have shot and killed some were not I REPEAT WAS NOT ARMED WITH WEAPONS:(

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
excuse my abcents i have other things goin on thats important....all im saying is as a police officer i thought you were supposed to stop crime....not be a god and kill pple because you feel like they should die today.

its not right. diasble and disarm someone not kill or be killed. more pple die from a mistake of having something or being scared.

why is it that police wont allow a person to kill themselves but they will kill them with no problem?

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
ok let me set everyone straight.. we did not start this converstation talking about this one particular shooting.. geez.. read all posts.. the one that happened came up in a post.. so maybe you should get your shit straight before posting..

we were talking about the situations in GENERAL.. and our opinions.. so you do not need to RE-READ the article about the shooting today..

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
did you just bold the part where THE DRIVER OF THE HIGHJACKED CAR GOT SHOT to prove a point he didnt have to die?? Well he didnt have to steal the guys car either. get a god damn job
Read it again DUMBFUCK I highlighted the person they have jacked:blah:

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM
In the matter of Fact yes I have had A gun put to my head before Matter of Fact it was an auto pump shot gun but that's not the issue here im saying yes these 2 dudes deserve what they have recieved but in the 10 people they have shot and killed some were not I REPEAT WAS NOT ARMED WITH WEAPONS:(

PROVE YOUR POINT!!! POST FACTS they were unarmed

babygurl
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Well said babygurl, if they were the ones hit and killed, their opinions wouldnt matter anyway but i bet they would want the fucker dead then.....

Thank you...I am not sure of the other facts for the other stories...But I will say this..There are other ways to stop a vehicle...but still dangerous...Honestly if a fucker ran from the cops, and hit my mother, or another family...that fucker better wish the cops get him before I do. An eye for and eye.. ;)

kelly marie
excuse my abcents i have other things goin on thats important....all im saying is as a police officer i thought you were supposed to stop crime....not be a god and kill pple because you feel like they should die today.

its not right. diasble and disarm someone not kill or be killed. more pple die from a mistake of having something or being scared.

why is it that police wont allow a person to kill themselves but they will kill them with no problem? lol i think you are confused.. if you are a bystandard and you have a gun in your head.. you would want the police to negotiate with the person holding YOUR life in their hands.. instead you would want to have a hostage situation that could last for hours on end when you may or may not be alive to re-tell the story..

in most cases police men are defending themselves.. if they see a weapon they are allowed to.. they are trained to shoot.. not kill but if its the last resort.. by all means i pray they save themselves before sacrificing an innocent person..

toonz
ok let me set everyone straight.. we did not start this converstation talking about this one particular shooting.. geez.. read all posts.. the one that happened came up in a post.. so maybe you should get your shit straight before posting..

we were talking about the situations in GENERAL.. and our opinions.. so you do not need to RE-READ the article about the shooting today..
Thank you Sweet Heart ^^ she said it plain and simple for you retarded ass Mother Fuckaz

Tasuki_Civic

well thats bad as a police officer...do your fuckin job!! if you cant handle that shit and you want tokill everyone who pulls a gun on you ...that means your not fit for the job.

R.Kelly
10-03-2006, 12:29 PM
why is it that police wont allow a person to kill themselves but they will kill them with no problem?

good question

kelly marie
well thats bad as a police officer...do your fuckin job!! if you cant handle that shit and you want tokill everyone who pulls a gun on you ...that means your not fit for the job. wow.. thank god you do not serve for the military or the government!

2.0civic

EXACTLY

Toonz, who the fuck are you calling a dumbass?? you are the one starting a thread you dont know shit about then backtracking throughout it. I GAURANTEE you i will beat you at ANYTHING requiring brain power and a actual thought process. Maybe you should look in the mirror before you call people dumbasses

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
why is it that police wont allow a person to kill themselves but they will kill them with no problem? their job is to PROTECT.. that is self-explanitory

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
well thats bad as a police officer...do your fuckin job!! if you cant handle that shit and you want tokill everyone who pulls a gun on you ...that means your not fit for the job.

you need to familiarize yourself with law....any time a suspect brandishes a firearm, they can be shot

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Thank you Sweet Heart ^^ she said it plain and simple for you retarded ass Mother Fuckaz

yes, we are retarded cause we use S's instead of Z's where needed.

i cant wait til ruiner sees this....

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
EXACTLY

Toonz, who the fuck are you calling a dumbass?? you are the one starting a thread you dont know shit about then backtracking throughout it. I GAURANTEE you i will beat you at ANYTHING requiring brain power and a actual thought process. Maybe you should look in the mirror before you call people dumbasses no one is a dumbass.. everyone has their right to their own opinions.. people are different and that's what makes for a great debate.. but on the other hand some people are just IGNORANT.. lol and that will never change til they can see the other side of things...

it's ok to have an opinion but you have to also have an open mind..

(not directed to anyone in particular) ;)

babygurl

**I added more***

Kinda different but

My brother is a cop, he had some dumbfuck pull a knife on him, my brother took the knife from the asshole, and beat the shit out of him. If the fucker would have had a gun, my brother might not be here today...so fuck that shit.. If that fucker pulls a gun on anyone, for the sole purpose of steal/robbing a person or business, that fucker deserves to die. If I am ever held hostage, the cops better kill that mother fucker.

This maybe a debate about rather or not its right to kill an unarmed person who runs from the cops, I still believe if all else fails kill the mother fucker..

And as for unarmed people who run from the cops, same reasoning goes...I would say spike the road, take the tires out, if that doesnt work, then once the car does stop they get out and run, beat the fuck out of em...Its not abusing power, at least in my opinon, its teaching the dumbfuck a lesson for putting others in danger...

Tasuki_Civic
lol i think you are confused.. if you are a bystandard and you have a gun in your head.. you would want the police to negotiate with the person holding YOUR life in their hands.. instead you would want to have a hostage situation that could last for hours on end when you may or may not be alive to re-tell the story..

in most cases police men are defending themselves.. if they see a weapon they are allowed to.. they are trained to shoot.. not kill but if its the last resort.. by all means i pray they save themselves before sacrificing an innocent person..

i would want him to disable him so i can get a way like they are supposed to. i dont excpect for them to kill him. i just dont. maybe im being positive about this because i feel that bad things will come to those who deserve it. and he should get his ear or leg shot off if im held like that.

but mind you if there are 10 bystandards some police officers will sacrifice one instead of all. some police officers push to see how far they can go with a criminal when it comes to shit like that.

but as far as the car jacking ....i dont think killing was needed. having that job you should already know they mite be armed and willing to shoot. in the stories ive read and heard about from police carjacking pple shoot cause they are scared and trying to scare off the police

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
EXACTLY

Toonz, who the fuck are you calling a dumbass?? you are the one starting a thread you dont know shit about then backtracking throughout it. I GAURANTEE you i will beat you at ANYTHING requiring brain power and a actual thought process. Maybe you should look in the mirror before you call people dumbasses
Damn :lmfao: your funny I made this thread to inform people If you fuck up in Dekalb County they are shootin the shit out of you hands down Facts I don't have them I was going off of what the News explained to me they have said there has been 10 police on suspect killings some that have not involved a weapon being pulled from the suspects

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
i would want him to disable him so i can get a way like they are supposed to. i dont excpect for them to kill him. i just dont. maybe im being positive about this because i feel that bad things will come to those who deserve it. and he should get his ear or leg shot off if im held like that.

but see you don't know if they will kill you or not.. just like the crazy fucker who went into the amish school room and held those girls hostage.. if the cops were there in time and killed the gunman none of those girls would have died..

i just think you are blinded by the society we live in now.. like everything is perfect

i live everyday with.. everything happens for a reason.. but if im being held at gunpoint i would expect the police officers would do all they can to help me!

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Damn :lmfao: your funny I made this thread to inform people If you fuck up in Dekalb County they are shootin the shit out of you hands down Facts I don't have them I was going off of what the News explained to me they have said there has been 10 police on suspect killings some that have not involved a weapon being pulled from the suspects

so you havent seen anything minus today then?? you are a dumbass. My point is made. read the bold. You dont have facts but want to keep insisting shit

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:38 PM
you want to inform people of shit that YOU, YOUSELF have no idea about

For this i applaud you

bigdare23
fuck up in Dekalb county and the cops going to kill you (if you got a weapon ............or not)

toonz
you fucking people look at a cop killings as a great deed or something

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM

and you are ignorant so whats your point?? i look at it like they took one life to save no telling how many. you look at it like "oh they shot someone they are bad".

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
"cops shot you down bang bang"

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
i look at it like they took one life to save no telling how manyagreed :goodjob:

R.Kelly
10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
agreed :goodjob:

ditto

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:48 PM
and you are ignorant so whats your point?? i look at it like they took one life to save no telling how many. you look at it like "oh they shot someone they are bad".
No that is not it didn't you see what I have posted I said these 2 in that situation deserve what the have gotten but im saying what about the one's that were never armed and for the facts I don't have them on those stories but the shooting that happened this morning I know the facts

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 12:48 PM
"shot first ask questions later" is not the best policy.

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
No that is not it didn't you see what I have posted I said these 2 in that situation deserve what the have gotten but im saying what about the one's that were never armed and for the facts I don't have them on those stories but the shooting that happened this morning I know the facts

so you are making a generalization based on things oyu have no idea about. Am i right or wrong?? thats what you keep avoiding. So you have facts on one situation but not ten so you feel the need to make a biased assumption??

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
you need to familiarize yourself with law....any time a suspect brandishes a firearm, they can be shot

how about loose tha sarcasim and talk. all im sayin its their job to protect and have justice served. i didnt think it was a motto to kill people just cause. i would expect for someone to be shoot and kill if they were on the force.

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
yes, we are retarded cause we use S's instead of Z's where needed.

i cant wait til ruiner sees this....
LOL that tickled me

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 12:52 PM
"shot first ask questions later" is not the best policy.

exactly ...thats why it is known that alot of officers have killed more than they should. for that stupid quote

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:53 PM
how about loose tha sarcasim and talk. all im sayin its their job to protect and have justice served. i didnt think it was a motto to kill people just cause. i would expect for someone to be shoot and kill if they were on the force.

not sarcasm at all, just facts.it is their job to protect but at the same time, they shouldnt haveto die to protect US

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 12:53 PM

thats what i dont understand either ...im on your side about this one.

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:54 PM
how about loose tha sarcasim and talk. all im sayin its their job to protect and have justice served. i didnt think it was a motto to kill people just cause. i would expect for someone to be shoot and kill if they were on the force.umm what?

he isn't being sarcastic.. by any means.. they aren't just killing for fun.. they are doing it b/c it's what they are trained to do.. if THEIR live is threatened they have EVERY RIGHT to shoot and kill before THEY are killed.

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 12:54 PM
not sarcasm at all, just facts.it is their job to protect but at the same time, they shouldnt haveto die to protect US

THATS THEIR FUCKIN JOB!! if they dont like it get another job. your a fireman you mite get killed in a dayum fire ...you put your life on the line for others. same thing as the police. how hard is that to understnad.

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
THATS THEIR FUCKIN JOB!! if they dont like it get another job. your a fireman you mite get killed in a dayum fire ...you put your life on the line for others. same thing as the police. how hard is that to understnad.

LOL :lmfao:

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
umm what?

he isn't being sarcastic.. by any means.. they aren't just killing for fun.. they are doing it b/c it's what they are trained to do.. if THEIR live is threatened they have EVERY RIGHT to shoot and kill before THEY are killed.

they are not trained to be killers they are trianed to protect and serve justice to others.....they are trained to disarm and disable those who are a harm to others or themselves. not kill. in some cases its understood that you mite have to kill someone ....but not on a day high jack

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
exactly ...thats why it is known that alot of officers have killed more than they should. for that stupid quotelol "it is known" .. i would like proof for that comment..

every occupation has a few bad seeds.. no doubt about that.. you are being to general.. catagorizing officers.. which is prejudice..

toonz
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Ok this thread is getting wayyyy out of hand

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM

2.0civic
ive got to get ready for work but ill check this periodically today while im at work. MY whole issue with this is that you guys chose the wrong shooting to try to bring police brutality into it. maybe a different one, but not this one

bigdare23
lol "it is known" .. i would like proof for that comment..

Think this is proof enough

In the last month they have shot and killed 10 people. In a state as a whole New York 6 and California 4 the 2 leading state in police shootings. In just the past month they have broken the record of the 2 largest state's in police on suspect shootings.:(

I'm not taking sides but if toonz is telling the truth something is wrong!

kelly marie
they are not trained to be killers they are trianed to protect and serve justice to others.....they are trained to disarm and disable those who are a harm to others or themselves. not kill. in some cases its understood that you mite have to kill someone ....but not on a day high jack so let me guess.. you don't agree with the war? you said it PROTECT AND SERVE.. if someone is about to die.. they are going to PROTECT the innocent.. just like the war.. the military is across seas PROTECTING US for the acts of some stupid bullshit terrorists.. STOP and think about other people rather than yourself..

and again.. i am SOOOOOOOOOO glad you are not a police officer.. cuz if i were a hostage and i had a gun to my head and you were the officer and tried to "talk" them out of killing me and i they did that would be o.k.? cuz you felt like you did the right thing? when in actuallity you saved a worthless human being and let an innocent one die.. :???:

Tasuki_Civic
10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
lol "it is known" .. i would like proof for that comment..

every occupation has a few bad seeds.. no doubt about that.. you are being to general.. catagorizing officers.. which is prejudice..

oh shut up !

Ok this thread is getting wayyyy out of hand

i agree

Tasuki_Civic
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: im done. i got more important things to do than talka bout this right...see yall later

kelly marie
why is it that police wont allow a person to kill themselves but they will kill them with no problem?see post 53

their job is to PROTECT.. that is self-explanitory

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Think this is proof enough

I'm not taking sides but if toonz is telling the truth something is wrong!

he doesnt have proof other than one thread saying that theres been ten shootings. If all suspects (hell even 3) were unarmed, then yes, i agree on the police brutality but all ive asked for the last hour is proof

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
lol:lmfao: I have a job why are you so mean to me:cry:

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
i wasnt referring to you but the guy that stole the car. LOL, i have two jobs. talking bout theives in general

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
and again.. i am SOOOOOOOOOO glad you are not a police officer.. cuz if i were a hostage and i had a gun to my head and you were the officer and tried to "talk" them out of killing me and i they did that would be o.k.? cuz you felt like you did the right thing? when in actuallity you saved a worthless human being and let an innocent one die.. :???:

Don't forget that you are also putting the victim in danger. If the cop tries to shot, then there's a chance you might get hit in the process.

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
well that was fun.. good debate guys!

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Don't forget that you are also putting the victim in danger. If the cop tries to shot, then there's a chance you might get hit in the process.

i will agree with this but normally in those situations, theres trained sharpshooters with .308's

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Don't forget that you are also putting the victim in danger. If the cop tries to shot, then there's a chance you might get hit in the process.they are trained.. they go through extensive courses so things like don't happen.. i mean it could but the odds are with them.. not against :goodjob:

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
they are trained.. they go through extensive courses so things like don't happen.. i mean it could but the odds are with them.. not against :goodjob:

people will pick this statement apart cause of the wording....but true:goodjob:

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
i will agree with this but normally in those situations, theres trained sharpshooters with .308's

{Oh learn something new everyday}

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 01:08 PM
lol, from what ive heard from a gwinnett county swat officer, they are remington 700's

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
people will pick this statement apart cause of the wording....but true:goodjob:lol let 'em! im all fired up!! hahaha

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I have proof on what happened this morning goshly as for as the suspects the were not armed I don't Im sorry I should REPRASE this thread "Cops Killed 10 suspects some which were not armed DOES anyone have information on the ones that were not armed?" you happy b18hatch damn In my first post on this thread I meant for people to debat or give infoormation on this situation and I told you that "yes" I believe that the 2 guys this morning deserve what they have recieved

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 01:12 PM
LIRL, its all in good debate man. dont be getting your panties in a wad. Im glad you proved this morning. People did come give info and debate, which was good.[ I personally think it was a great discussion

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
i do too!

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Yes good Debate but it got a little out of hand but anyway ahhhhh(sigh of relief)

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:19 PM
This thread has probably got the most post's in a matter of time LOL

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 01:22 PM
After living in atlanta for the past 5 months, I notice alot of things about these cops. Some of them are out of shape like hell (like their ass eat donuts 24/7). Then there's others that are small as hell (like my 8 year old brother can woop them). And last there's the "Super Cops" that take their job and power out of hand. We all know that the "big guys" are not going to chase anyone, and the small ones going to have a tough time defending themselves. Then the "Super Cops" thinks "I'm fuckin GOD" are crazy as hell. I can see why the cop shooting rate is up. Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against cops (my grandfather, aunt, and 2 uncles are officers of the law). I just think that certain people shouldnt be cops.

GIXXERDK
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=85525

Ruiner
10-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Hmmm...

Let me just say this: If a criminal points a weapon at an officer, comes at the officer with a weapon, or tries to use some object as a weapon for causing injury, the suspect deserves to go down. There are no ifs, ands, or buts to this....

Dekalb isn't bending over backwards to let the criminals injure one of their officers. Don't blame the officers for these shoots. Instead, blame the criminals that keep Atlanta in the top 5 Most Dangerous Cities in North America.

R.Kelly
10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Hmmm...

Let me just say this: If a criminal points a weapon at an officer, comes at the officer with a weapons, or tries to use some object as a weapon for causing injury, the suspect deserve to go down. There are no ifs, ands, or buts to this....

Dekalb isn't bending over backwards to let the criminals injure one of their officers. Don't blame the officers for these shoots. Instead, blame the criminals that keep Atlanta in the top 5 Most Dangerous Cities in North America.

exactly +1

God
10-03-2006, 01:33 PM

exactly

all the whiners need to shut the fuck up.

we wouldnt be leading the atlanta area with shootings if dumbasses wouldnt try to kill cops

but since they are
i say take them out.

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:42 PM
exactly

all the whiners need to shut the fuck up.

we wouldnt be leading the atlanta area with shootings if dumbasses wouldnt try to kill cops

but since they are
i say take them out.

Ok plain and simple for the last time people,, suspect tried to kill cop then cop is eligible to shoot suspect (maybe kill if it was a life threatning situation) but suspect with no weapons what-so-ever cop is not permitted to kill suspect shoot(maybe only in self defense but not kill) that is all now MODS may you please delete this thread Because I don't want to be responsible for an IA war LOL:lmfao:

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
suspect tried to kill cop then cop is eligible to shoot suspect (maybe kill if it was a life threatning situation) but suspect with know weapons what-so-ever cop is not permitted to kill suspect shoot(maybe only in self defense but not kill) the cop is only going to shoot if they see a weapon or have enough evidence that the suspect is carrying one..

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Kelly,babygurl,b18hatch,TasukiCivic, and others thanks it was fun but it has to end sometime

toonz
10-03-2006, 01:48 PM
the cop is only going to shoot if they see a weapon or have enough evidence that the suspect is carrying one..
yes you are correct:goodjob:

babygurl
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Kelly,babygurl,b18hatch,TasukiCivic, and others thanks it was fun but it has to end sometime

no prob :) have a good one!

kelly marie
10-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Kelly,babygurl,b18hatch,TasukiCivic, and others thanks it was fun but it has to end sometimelol have a good day!

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Hmmm...

Let me just say this: If a criminal points a weapon at an officer, comes at the officer with a weapons, or tries to use some object as a weapon for causing injury, the suspect deserve to go down. There are no ifs, ands, or buts to this....

couldnt be said any better

toonz
10-03-2006, 02:18 PM
^^^ I gotta say I do agree:goodjob: :D

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 02:19 PM
LIRL, once again, great debate guys. work is slow right now so eh,

Ruiner
10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Ok plain and simple for the last time people,, suspect tried to kill cop then cop is eligible to shoot suspect (maybe kill if it was a life threatning situation) but suspect with no weapons what-so-ever cop is not permitted to kill suspect shoot(maybe only in self defense but not kill) that is all now MODS may you please delete this thread Because I don't want to be responsible for an IA war LOL:lmfao:

Not true.

A. You never shoot to "wound". You shoot to stop the threat.

B. What if the criminal tries to run over the cop with his car? That's a deadly weapon. What if the criminal has a brick? Yet another deadly weapon.

toonz
10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Not true.

A. You never shoot to "wound". You shoot to stop the threat.

B. What if the criminal tries to run over the cop with his car? That's a deadly weapon. What if the criminal has a brick? Yet another deadly weapon.
awwwww man would you please let it go your too late:lmfao: what you have stated come on the cop should know common sense

civic95
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
This is the dumbest fucking argument. It' as simple as putting yourself in the cops shoes.

A guy pulls a weapon on you. Are you telling me your going to shoot him in the leg?

You'll be lucky if you get a bullet in before them in the first place, so you better make it count. If you don't he has a chance to shoot, or shoot again.

quickdodge®
10-03-2006, 04:46 PM
fuckass

Shut up. Later, QD.

ahmonrah
10-03-2006, 04:47 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/HalfBaked2002/ownedgunshot.gifbwahahahaha!!!!!:lmfao: :lmfao:

ahmonrah
10-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Hmmm...

Let me just say this: If a criminal points a weapon at an officer, comes at the officer with a weapon, or tries to use some object as a weapon for causing injury, the suspect deserves to go down. There are no ifs, ands, or buts to this....

and what some of the people that oppose the cops whooping ass and wrappin tags, are failing to realize, is that dekalb has lost alot of officers, most notably, officers in pine lake and the one dekalb swat officer that took a bullet in the neck. officer stepnowski.
and seeing as how i've lived in dekalb for the past 5+ years, the idiot population in dekalb has increased. even in the area i live at, 1/2 mile from the stone mountain park WEST entrance. recently me and my girl were threatened with bodily harm(thread link (http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=81195&highlight=ROAD+RAGE)), had i had my weapon at the time, i would've stopped that threat instantly. no questions asked. and last monday a female co-worker of my girls had her life threatened in the same manner as i, in she same general area(mountain industrial/memorial dr.) I, like the officers of dekalb WILL NOT leave my personal safety up for another persons discretion.

Darling Nikki
10-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Dekalb County is one of the top most crime related counties in the US. Good for them!

Darling Nikki
10-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Hmmm...

Very very well said!

~The_Duke~
10-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Nikki you havent shot anyone yet have you? :D

Darling Nikki
10-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I am going to the Academy in January.

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
shit all i know is if someone point a gun at me, they better not miss cause i will kill their ass after that shot

kelly marie
10-04-2006, 12:14 PM
not to bring up another debate.. but i was just reading the AJC and i found this rather amusing.. its called KARMA.. for all those who said the cop was in the wrong or that they were "just running from the cops b/c of a traffic violation" (which was the stupidist crap i've ever heard)..

Slain carjack suspect was wanted for murder

By MIKE MORRIS

Published on: 10/04/06

The carjacking suspect killed Tuesday in a gun battle with DeKalb County police was on the Atlanta police "most wanted" list for another murder.

Tyron Longino, 23, had been sought by the Atlanta police fugitive squad, Atlanta police spokesman James Polite confirmed Wednesday. But Atlanta police were withholding details about the previous murder until they could notify family members of that victim about Longino's death.

Tyron Longino

According to Lyn Vaughn, spokeswoman for Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard, Longino was accused of murdering Raveonte G. Glass on August 20 on Climax Street in southeast Atlanta.

The Dekalb Medical Examiner's office on Wednesday identified Longino as the dead carjacking suspect.

Police said he was driving the Chevrolet Tahoe stolen from 34-year-old Sanchez Daniel of Union City, who was shot to death by carjackers earlier Tuesday morning.

A passenger in the Tahoe was critically wounded in the gun battle that broke out after police said the driver began firing on officers.

According to state Department of Corrections records, Longino was released from state prison in December after serving nearly two years of a 30-month sentence for theft by receiving stolen property.

thank god they shot him or he would have had no issue killing them.. or anyone else.. things have a funny way of playing them selves out sometimes.. isn't it ironic.. don't ya think.. ??

God
10-05-2006, 02:45 AM

are you really this much of an idiot? im guessing youre either in high school or havent even hit 21 yet.

kids these days are so fucking stupid i swear.

God
10-05-2006, 02:49 AM
not to bring up another debate.. but i was just reading the AJC and i found this rather amusing.. its called KARMA.. for all those who said the cop was in the wrong or that they were "just running from the cops b/c of a traffic violation" (which was the stupidist crap i've ever heard)..

Slain carjack suspect was wanted for murder

By MIKE MORRIS

Published on: 10/04/06

The carjacking suspect killed Tuesday in a gun battle with DeKalb County police was on the Atlanta police "most wanted" list for another murder.

Tyron Longino, 23, had been sought by the Atlanta police fugitive squad, Atlanta police spokesman James Polite confirmed Wednesday. But Atlanta police were withholding details about the previous murder until they could notify family members of that victim about Longino's death.

Tyron Longino

According to Lyn Vaughn, spokeswoman for Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard, Longino was accused of murdering Raveonte G. Glass on August 20 on Climax Street in southeast Atlanta.

The Dekalb Medical Examiner's office on Wednesday identified Longino as the dead carjacking suspect.

Police said he was driving the Chevrolet Tahoe stolen from 34-year-old Sanchez Daniel of Union City, who was shot to death by carjackers earlier Tuesday morning.

A passenger in the Tahoe was critically wounded in the gun battle that broke out after police said the driver began firing on officers.

According to state Department of Corrections records, Longino was released from state prison in December after serving nearly two years of a 30-month sentence for theft by receiving stolen property.

thank god they shot him or he would have had no issue killing them.. or anyone else.. things have a funny way of playing them selves out sometimes.. isn't it ironic.. don't ya think.. ??

good word for the PD

and has anyone else been listening to the news reports about the apartments in dekalb that are housing alot of the katrina "refugees" (including the apt in tucker/stone mtn are a few months ago where a officer was shot in the head/neck)
they were talking about how the "refugees" have been repeatedly telling residents that they are letting the police run them to much, and they are going to show them how to handle the police.

ahmonrah
10-05-2006, 03:07 AM
is that so??? that would explain alot in my area, if it has some truth to it.

God
10-05-2006, 07:22 AM
ask any beat cop in dekalb. its the "water cooler" talk amongst precincts right now,
last i heard about this was night before last on wsb 750

ahmonrah
10-05-2006, 02:21 PM
well that explais a hell of alot. mea nd my girls was talking about it. the quiet was the main reason we moved where we did. cause the area we live in, kids still go outside and play til dark. the neighbors talk and have block parties still, and we actually give our house keys to eachother when we go on vacation so they can watch our houses. but over the past year, crime went up, period. kids are being kept indoors more. overall DEKALB has taken on a project-ish feel, even where i stay. oh well i guess i may be shooting someone in the future.

God
10-05-2006, 02:53 PM
well that explais a hell of alot. mea nd my girls was talking about it. the quiet was the main reason we moved where we did. cause the area we live in, kids still go outside and play til dark. the neighbors talk and have block parties still, and we actually give our house keys to eachother when we go on vacation so they can watch our houses. but over the past year, crime went up, period. kids are being kept indoors more. overall DEKALB has taken on a project-ish feel, even where i stay. oh well i guess i may be shooting someone in the future.

i called some friends at a few dpd stations today and yeah, this is way bigger than the 2 or 3 newsblips its gotten.
and fuckin marinelli has bowed to vernon jones and "wants an investigation" now
fuck the investigation, you shoot at a cop, youre getting return fire. no questions about it. i lived in swat forever and now live in decatur and its becoming.........interesting. the area in decatur i live in now never had a crime problem, yet, since last year random car breakins and etc and 2 jackass came in my yard and tried to take my bike, they werent counting on me and 2 friends being inside, each armed, so they got a nice surprise and stood frozen for decatur pd. to come get them. that was an interesting night, they as i was told by one of the officers live in a apt complex that has been overrun over the past year by people from nola.
coincidence? i dont believe it for a second.

Fast Shadow
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
What's sad about this is that people are more concerned about the fact that a carjacker got his ass blown away than the fact that the carjacker shot and killed an innocent man execution style while stealing his car. Why is it we care more than the lives of criminals more than we do their victims?

99SI
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
so you are telling me that if someone is running.. and they are in a car chase.. and they have a head on collision with your family memeber or friend you would be ok with that? why not take them out while you can.. then they don't put anyone else's life in danger.. and we have another criminal off the streets.. and more than likely they are running for more charges than being scared of a traffic violation.. :goodjob:
What if your friend were bleeding to death and you had no time to stop or wait for an ambulance and you were trying to get them to the hospital. During your rush to get there you a police officer blue lights you and you decide that you will explain it when you get to the hospital. They use the PIT maneuver to disable your vehicle, you jump out to explain that your friend is bleeding to death and they open fire on you. Is that covered in your list of examples where shooting someone to death for failure to stop is justified?

99SI
10-05-2006, 04:06 PM
just to stipulate, I did not read all of this thread as you can probably tell by my quoting a post on the first page. I am all for the police shooting when they are legitimately threatened with bodily harm, as long as the response is equal to the threat. I am in no way concerned with the fact that the "carjacker" that was killed that is being referred to in the above posts was killed by the police. AS long as police use common sense and do not get overzealous, which I think most are capable of acting responsibly, I don't have a problem with them defending themselves with lethal means.

ahmonrah
10-05-2006, 04:23 PM
i called some friends at a few dpd stations today and yeah, this is way bigger than the 2 or 3 newsblips its gotten.
and fuckin marinelli has bowed to vernon jones and "wants an investigation" now
fuck the investigation, you shoot at a cop, youre getting return fire. no questions about it. i lived in swat forever and now live in decatur and its becoming.........interesting. the area in decatur i live in now never had a crime problem, yet, since last year random car breakins and etc and 2 jackass came in my yard and tried to take my bike, they werent counting on me and 2 friends being inside, each armed, so they got a nice surprise and stood frozen for decatur pd. to come get them. that was an interesting night, they as i was told by one of the officers live in a apt complex that has been overrun over the past year by people from nola.
coincidence? i dont believe it for a second.EXACTLY.