PDA

View Full Version : Miata vs. Beetle 1.8T

Doppelgänger
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
OK, first off....it was a definate "w t f" moment.

I'm heading home from chilling with some friends and i pass through a intersection and theres a yellow, stock, new beetle just sitting there. Well right as i pass him, i hear something. So i look back. What do i see? Tire smoke everywhere and the guy turning behind me :thinking: .

As i mind my own business, this guy comes flying up on me, passes me and hits the brakes. Ummm ok. Then he gets next to me and floors it... and i hear the cute little sound of the 1.8T.Awwww.

Well after a little ways, we finally both get caught at a red light. Of coarse he starts revving like a tC owner and looking over. I just sat there and watch the other light turn yellow and mildly got my rpm's up to about 4500 and waited for the go. When the light turned, i dumped the clutch and started waving bye bye to him.....2nd,3rd, 4th and i just pulled away. :idb:

Eventually i pulled over in a shopping center and he followed me in, jumped otu and started raving about how fast the car is (its quick, but not terrably fast). Him and his friend were going on about how the kill mustangs and hondas all the time off the line but had never been beaten that bad.

Yeah, so i killed a bug...it was quick..from a roll. But im bored at work and felt like posting something.

bigdare23
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
he starts revving like a tC owner

LOL

Leadfoot_mf
10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
hahaha a miata finaly won a street race way to go man. wish mine was that fast.

Doppelgänger
10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah... Tim, sorry about honkign at you in th emtns... i was messing with you.. i didnt think the SUV in front of you would think you were honking at him and get all pissed.. but when it happened me and Jenn were dying laughing :D

Leadfoot_mf
10-03-2006, 11:34 AM
you guys are dicks well you are jenn is still cool. i was mad because when u were honking i could not see u guys becasue of the headlights i thought u needed something.....then realized u were being funny. yeah that was great the guy in the suv haha what a dick. shit i got a little sidewayz when passing them after that i love that road hated have to go so slow. hey let me borrow your blower for my miata....

5.7camal
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM

I'm heading home from chilling with some friends and i pass through a intersection and theres a yellow, stock, new beetle just sitting there. Well right as i pass him, i hear something. So i look back. What do i see? Tire smoke everywhere and the guy turning behind me :thinking: .

As i mind my own business, this guy comes flying up on me, passes me and hits the brakes. Ummm ok. Then he gets next to me and floors it... and i hear the cute little sound of the 1.8T.Awwww.

Well after a little ways, we finally both get caught at a red light. Of coarse he starts revving like a tC owner and looking over. I just sat there and watch the other light turn yellow and mildly got my rpm's up to about 4500 and waited for the go. When the light turned, i dumped the clutch and started waving bye bye to him.....2nd,3rd, 4th and i just pulled away. :idb:

Eventually i pulled over in a shopping center and he followed me in, jumped otu and started raving about how fast the car is (its quick, but not terrably fast). Him and his friend were going on about how the kill mustangs and hondas all the time off the line but had never been beaten that bad.

Yeah, so i killed a bug...it was quick..from a roll. But im bored at work and felt like posting something.

u are a gay :ninja:

RHD_Joe
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
gotta love them bettles.

b0ki
10-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Mike whatever u know u shit is slow.. U remeber my little 1.8 T ?? HA?? I KNOW U DO i used to pull 6 cars on u with a stock turbo easy .. hehee; P

Yoshi
10-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Who cares,this is a straight up gay thread. LofL

d993s
10-03-2006, 09:36 PM
hey let me borrow your blower for my miata....

Hey, I have a Lysholm screw compressor from a Millenia S if you're interested........I offered it to DropTopDrifter, but he thinks it's too much work to install it. (He's a driver, not a mechanic........no offense :D )

Doppelgänger
10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Mike whatever u know u shit is slow.. U remeber my little 1.8 T ?? HA?? I KNOW U DO i used to pull 6 cars on u with a stock turbo easy .. hehee; P
Bitch.. its time you race me in my territory :police:

Doppelgänger
10-03-2006, 09:41 PM
u are a gay :ninja:
Hey shitface... at least im driving my car... you parked the 'Vette and haven't touched it in months...hoe!

Repost Squintz
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
^so um what kinda bug was it? a dung beetle? or a spider?

5.7camal
10-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey shitface... at least im driving my car... you parked the 'Vette and haven't touched it in months...hoe!

hey man i need $ for it i dont have a job and im just doin skool u know how it goes being with out a job!
skeeeeeeeeee
TRI W

im actually considering buy a shitty ass crx and fixing it up as a DD
and seling the volvizy

Doppelgänger
10-04-2006, 07:20 AM
hey man i need $ for it i dont have a job and im just doin skool u know how it goes being with out a job!
skeeeeeeeeee
TRI W

im actually considering buy a shitty ass crx and fixing it up as a DD
and seling the volvizy
So wait.. why sell the Vulva...it least its turbo. And get a job you lazy petifile!!

JennB
10-04-2006, 08:43 AM
you guys are dicks well you are jenn is still cool. i was mad because when u were honking i could not see u guys becasue of the headlights i thought u needed something.....then realized u were being funny. yeah that was great the guy in the suv haha what a dick. shit i got a little sidewayz when passing them after that i love that road hated have to go so slow. hey let me borrow your blower for my miata....

Ha! :taun: I told him to stop but he's far to fascinated with how loud my horn is. It was pretty funny seeing that asshat in the Lexus SUV get all pissed off. Those pull over points on the road are there for a damn good reason, he was a moron.

I totally forgot that road was the way back or I would have driven, it's my favorite one. I still don't know that area for shit so I thought we just had a straight little bit back. Oh well.

Oh... and my exhaust rattle is now fixed. Broken hanger and replaced the muffler as well. I think Mike was really excited that he got to break something on my car and it was fixed for free. Now we've both broken something on a car with only 11K miles on it. My breaking cost me $40 though... dammit.

Halfwit
10-04-2006, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=DropTopDrifter]. he starts revving like a tC owner and looking over

QUOTE]

damn kids and their scions!!!

CHADbee
10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
was there a large black man named tank driving the bug?

Doppelgänger
10-05-2006, 06:35 AM
nah... skinny white guy lol.

Now, i know its a bug, a yellow one at that.. but still... the 1.8T can be a mean mo-fo. IIRC he said he was running more boost and an intake...what kind of difference that makes, i dont know.

lightspeed
10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
lol, this is kinda-like posting up that you physically beat-up a retarded 10 year old girl. they both take the same effort haha

99GAGT
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
so when are we runnin em Mike?

mrt0mjones
10-09-2006, 03:41 AM
mike. l-o-l ... hahahah

got that rx-7 rollin right, and broke the motor mounts in the 3k.

be seeing you in a week, i have a toy for you to look at ;)

allmotoronly
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
miata vs beetle ... LOL

Doppelgänger
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
damn, shoukld have titled it "Boosted Miata vs. Boosted VW"

Doppelgänger
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
...and im sure a few people here could vouch that the Miata is much quicker then to be expected ;)

2.3 Evo 8
10-10-2006, 05:07 PM
I just don't know how to respond to this thread...

~quietly leaves confused

d993s
10-10-2006, 06:35 PM
...and im sure a few people here could vouch that the Miata is much quicker then to be expected ;)

Uh.....:thinking: ..... considering my last POS $400 n/a beater ('92 Sentra SE-R with just an intake, slightly larger exhaust and timing advance) was on your ass from 20-100 or so.......I was rather disappointed. (Maybe you've had more done to your car since then, which was about a year and a half ago).
Even so, if I remember right, you were running around 7psi (?) I expected you to pull by at least 5 or 6 cars.

Doppelgänger
10-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Ummm yeah... that was when the car was running stock exhaust (2 cats) no i/c and stock pulleys @ 6psi

and no... i dont want the twinscrew!!! sell it to the guy with the vette and miata :D

Master Shake
10-11-2006, 12:45 PM

Yeah, so i killed a bug...it was quick..from a roll. But im bored at work and felt like posting something.i've had the same shit happen to me when i was going to k-mart. black bug thought he was bad-ass and could take me on....smoked him and got on with what i was doing.

d993s
10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Ummm yeah... that was when the car was running stock exhaust (2 cats) no i/c and stock pulleys @ 6psi

and no... i dont want the twinscrew!!! sell it to the guy with the vette and miata :D

Yeah, yeah........ricer excuses
So what does the FART-CART have on it these days? (besides the intercooler, pulleys, straight pipes) :eek:

IndianStig
10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
1.8T's killing Mustangs off the line? LOLOL. I took a 1.8T Jetta and a VR6 Jetta in my stock prelude, and i know, i for one cannot keep up with a Mustang, anywhere in the range. Whats the weight diff in jetta and bugs?

benwaballs
10-13-2006, 11:40 AM
1.8T's killing Mustangs off the line? LOLOL. I took a 1.8T Jetta and a VR6 Jetta in my stock prelude, and i know, i for one cannot keep up with a Mustang, anywhere in the range. Whats the weight diff in jetta and bugs?

you beat a stock 1.8t. but w/ chip & TB they will eat a mustang.

the jetta,gti,bug are all about the same weight 3000+