PDA

View Full Version : How To - Silvia front conversion...

sirkus
10-03-2006, 10:47 AM
What all exactly do you have to do? I was looking at several parts, and other than the headlights it seems as if it might just bolt right on. Do you just pull the pop up's out and use the 2 brackets to hold the lights? Then wire up the headlights and blinkers? I'm going to be doing this before the end of November, so I was just wonering what kind of crap I have to look forward too. I know I'll atleast get the parts and sand and prime them. Then get the whole car resprayed. Theres just something about those projector headlights that I like.

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 10:49 AM
from my understanding, that is a pretty hard swap and to be doing this in the next month, you should really have done the research already and not be asking what goes into it.:2cents:

AtifSajid
10-03-2006, 10:50 AM
If you do some research on zilvia.net, you can do the entire swap with no problems. Explained very well.

Cool Cat Racing
10-03-2006, 12:04 PM
It is not a hard swap at all to do. If your using the S13 Silvia parts its basically a bolt on affair. Just unbolt your pieces and bolt on the silvia parts. As for the headlights if you've got the two upright radiator supports its really easy to do. You won't have to fabricate anything and you can do it all in a few hours. The headlights just plug in to your factory wiring so you don't even have to change that.

2.0civic
10-03-2006, 12:06 PM
LIRL, for some reason i thought it said r34 swap...my bad but yeah, there are writeups everywhere on these

sirkus
10-03-2006, 01:22 PM
If you do some research on zilvia.net, you can do the entire swap with no problems. Explained very well.

Thanks! Exactly what I was lookin for..

It is not a hard swap at all to do. If your using the S13 Silvia parts its basically a bolt on affair. Just unbolt your pieces and bolt on the silvia parts. As for the headlights if you've got the two upright radiator supports its really easy to do. You won't have to fabricate anything and you can do it all in a few hours. The headlights just plug in to your factory wiring so you don't even have to change that.
Do those radiator supports normally come with the swaps? I think I've seen a few with them. So I suppose I could do this in an afternoon...

LIRL, for some reason i thought it said r34 swap...my bad but yeah, there are writeups everywhere on these
lol nice... That'd a cool looking swap.. :rolleyes: lol

bluuuurr
10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
i have it on my car. everything bolts up. you'll need to wire the corner and fog lights. which is very easy. can be done in an afternoon. just hope your h3c bulbs aren't blown, they are a bitch to find