PDA

View Full Version : jumpy Idle

an0therh22
10-02-2006, 06:51 PM
i have a bad idle. it starts to jump from 900-2000 every time im at a red light and its not only annoying but a waste of gas. my CEl is also one but its and off and on thing. ive talk to alot of ppl about the problem and even took it to Oz to fix it but it still isnt straight. Alot of ppl told me it could be ether my iacv or my vacuum line i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me or vouch for someone thanks

SLow_POke
10-02-2006, 07:09 PM
seen that its all the time not jsut at cold starts up ot eliminates the fitv.

is you checked all you vac lines i would run a scan since u mention getting a MIL

btw. what kind of engine, years, car?

-Ernie

Mr_S13®
10-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Up under your throttle body is a little gold plate with 2 screws...take the plate off and there will be a little hub with 2 slots on each side. take a small screwdriver and spin the hub until it touches base with the spring. this should fix your problem! :goodjob:

If not, then it could be vacuum related so check all your vacuum lines and listen really close around your intake manifold, and throttle body. If either one of those gaskets are bad then that would also cause it.

o_bomb
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
vac lines, maybe tps!?

an0therh22
10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
i have an h22 in a 94 accord

an0therh22
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
would it be better for me to clean the iacv or just buy a new one? i dont want this problem to occure so i want the best solution

civicduty
10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
buy a new ivac, cleaning it doesnt always take care of the problem and can cause dirt to back up in the them. we have bought them new from honda and had to exchange it becasue it was bad from the start. G/L but thats your idle bug.

an0therh22
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
how much would it be new from honda?

an0therh22
10-04-2006, 08:03 PM
ok i changed the iacv today and still got the same problem any further advice?

allmotoronly
10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
i have an h22 in a 94 accord

accords and preludes are imfamous for having FITV and IACV problems. First, on the side of the throttle body there is a brass colored plate. remove the plate. There is valve inside. turn the white plastic piece clockwise until it stops. If that does not fix it, then remove your IACV (front center of IM) and clean the screens out. check to see if it is sticking if possible. If it STILL has a problem (other than vaccum lines which you should have checked first) then it may be one of the gaskets, either the IM gasket, or one of the two secondary runner block off plate gaskets. Also check the O-Rings on the injectors. I also had a problem with a few of my H22A's breaking IM studs, which will eventually cause a vaccum leak. The EGR valve gasket can also blow out (although rare).

an0therh22
10-04-2006, 08:35 PM
my motor is throwing ERG so i have no idea what causing the problem. i just got the iacv changed today and i had Oz look at all the lines so im thinkin it wouldnt be that ether.

13Bracer
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
accords are imfamous for having FITV and IACV problems. First, on the side of the throttle body there is a brass colored plate. remove the plate. There is valve inside. turn the white plastic piece clockwise until it stops. If that does not fix it, then remove your IACV (front center of IM) and clean the screens out. check to see if it is sticking if possible. If it STILL has a problem (other than vaccum lines which you should have checked first) then it may be one of the gaskets, either the IM gasket, or one of the two secondary runner block off plate gaskets. Also check the O-Rings on the injectors. I also had a problem with a few of my H22A's breaking IM studs, which will eventually cause a vaccum leak. The EGR valve gasket can also blow out (although rare).
try that i have an h22 lude and after i put my pulley kit on i had the same problem i just adjusted my idle control valve and it stopped

an0therh22
10-04-2006, 08:50 PM
yea we think its the IM gasket but not shure i was just wondering what everyone else thought about this dam hondas and there bad idle i think mine is the worst ive seen cuz ive tried adjusting the idler control valve but it still didnt work i even retarded my dizzie than adjusted it but still the same problem

13Bracer
10-04-2006, 08:55 PM
damn that sucks yeah mine was bad my check engine light came on and startin stallin for no damn reason and shit!!! damn hondas!!!!! so many problems!! but when there good there good!!! good luck with it man

allmotoronly
10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
don't adjust the distributor... that has nothing to do with a jumpy idle. It is a vaccum leak of some sort. When the FITV or IACV sticks, it lets too much air in and the engine revs higher. One time my IACV fell off and my car idled at 4200rpm... all from a hole that is about 5/8" around... I ducktaped something over it ( i think it was a quarter, i cant remember) so I could make it home.

Hey when you are driving down the road and you let off the gas, does it decellerate hard? Sometimes the butterflies in the IM will stick. If the bushings in them wear out they will get stuck. It happened to me once. The bushings are nylon, and somehow they deteriorated and the butterfly got stuck open, which makes it run like shit at low RPM...

an0therh22
10-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Hey when you are driving down the road and you let off the gas, does it decellerate hard? Sometimes the butterflies in the IM will stick. If the bushings in them wear out they will get stuck. It happened to me once. The bushings are nylon, and somehow they deteriorated and the butterfly got stuck open, which makes it run like shit at low RPM...
yep thats exactly what happens i dont understand this whole butterfly thing so can u clearify it?

Z U L8R
10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
check coolant temperature sensor ( 2 wire for the computer not the 1 wire SENDING UNIT that's for the guage )