PDA

View Full Version : FS: 95 Impreza Wagon with WRX swap

andrewp724
10-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Sold, thanks for looking

I'm new to this forum, but this car has been for sale on nasioc for a while. Everything in this ad is updated, and of course all of you can see that it is priced to sell quick. Try finding another swapped car in perfect running condition for $6500. All the pics I have of the car can be seen here: http://photos.yahoo.com/drew_724, in the Impreza album. As for the engine and block codes, I can get them if absolutely needed, and PM me if you need the VIN for carfax purposes, etc.

-95 Impreza L Wagon, 150K miles on chassis
-02 WRX engine, EJ205, 85K on engine, only 40K after a lot of maintenance was done, see other thread
-01 Legacy GT Tranny and Rear Diff (4.11 LSD)
-Stock WRX turboback exhaust
-Vishnu crank pulley
-Speedmonkee grounding kit
-Flexalite dual electric fans
-Koyo radiator
-Spec stage 3 clutch disc, stock RS pressure plate
-Fidanza lightened flywheel
-Kartboy short shifter
-KYB AGX adjustable struts (4 way front, 8 way rear)
-Eibach Prokit springs
-Whiteline "Flat Out" rear strut tower bar
-WRX stock front seats
-VDO boost and water temp gauges in A pillar pod
-WRX stock aluminum pedals
-WRX stock front brakes (rotors, calipers, pads)
-WRX stock front and rear sway bars and endlinks

The front of car is converted to an RS lookalike (hood, headlights, grill, light weight bumper beam, bumper cover, fog lights) with clear corners. The headlights and foglights have sylvania silverstar bulbs in them. The paint looks good from about 10 feet away when washed, but there are some flaws/chipping up close (probably equivalent to a Maaco job), so it's not perfect by any means. The front bumper does need to be resprayed, it has some paint loss in certain areas. There is also a dent in the front passenger fender from where my wife backed into the car in the driveway, damage is not bad at all, could be fixed easily, or just get a new bumper from Subaru for $125. Pics of this are in the yahoo album.

What it could use:

-If you want A/C, the car needs an L a/c compressor, as I found the fittings are different between L and wrx cars. The compressor can be had for about $50-$75 at most junkyards with a 90 day to 1 year warranty on most.
-The battery light is on, but the system recharges fine (probably needs a ground somewhere).
-Airbag light is on.
-Abs light is on from the 2 damaged abs sensors up front, as well as the brake light (light just stays on whether handbrake is up or down).
-CEL is on for missing sensors at rear of the fuel tank, but aren't needed to run properly. This could be fixed by having the ecu reflashed or by installing the wrx gas tank (which I will include).
-None of these lights affect the running of the car, they are only lights that are on because of independent wiring issues. This car runs flawlessly.

The fans are wired to the flex-a-lite control box. I tried to get the car hot enough to test them, but never could get them to come on by themselves (I only attempted this a couple times, so it's probably something simple). There is a manual switch that is wired in. I just keep an eye on the temperature gauges periodically and if needed, switch on the fan. I'll include the fan install directions.

The reason the car does have a few lights on is b/c the person that helped wire the car was here for only 5 days. He did what he could during that time to get it sorted out and on the 5th day, 100% or not, he had to leave. I am not nearly as good (read: I suck) at electrical as I am with mechanical. So, it's not that the lights can't be fixed, it's just that really I don't have the skills or patience to fix them myself.

I'm going to include the 95L Complete bound factory service manual plus all the wiring notes/pinouts from the swap.

Remember, this car weighs less than 2900 lbs, and with the RS gearing and Fidanza flywheel will accelerate much faster than a WRX. Also, with the suspension setup the car handles much better than a stock WRX. So, you're getting a car that is faster and handles better than a stock WRX for a fraction of the price. Not to mention how much cheaper the insurance will be for this car compared to the WRX. And finally, it's a wagon, and we all know how fun sleeper wagons are.

If you have any questions about the car, please check this thread, http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983129 first, as some information was not copied over. Once you have checked there and not found your answer, feel free to PM me. I do not have readily available internet access, so definitely use the pm feature so I will get an email notification. But, better than that, just give me a call at 828.460.9639 to talk about buying the car. I am located in Greenville, SC, and shipping can be arranged at the buyer's expense.

-Drew

BigTs13
10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
nice!

1439/2000
10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Nice job.

WhiteAccord
10-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Kinda Clean nice swap

andrewp724
10-03-2006, 07:05 PM
thanks for the comments guys, tell everyone you know about it, I'd like to get this sold as soon as possible.

-Drew

GTScoob
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Damn good deal! Try posting on WRXatlanta.

calmnothing
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM
You want wrx rear wagon seats?

Footefan52
10-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I found this same swap in Orlando in a sedan and it was awesome. Kinda funny that he is asking the same price. Good luck just wondering was yours an auto to start with? Also is the shifter from the wrx also? The one in Orlando was very sloppy. Good Luck with the sale man the only reason I didn't buy the one in Orlando was insurance purposes (they say that its worth like 2000 so if I had wrecked it I would have been fuct)

HalfBaked
10-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Is this car still make over 300whp? Or did you return it to stock?

I'm very interested however I wouldn't be able to come up with the funds for like a month unfortunately.

Good luck with the sale.

Camshaft2
10-04-2006, 11:47 AM
I found this same swap in Orlando in a sedan and it was awesome. Kinda funny that he is asking the same price. Good luck just wondering was yours an auto to start with? Also is the shifter from the wrx also? The one in Orlando was very sloppy. Good Luck with the sale man the only reason I didn't buy the one in Orlando was insurance purposes (they say that its worth like 2000 so if I had wrecked it I would have been fuct)

I know Drew has limited internet access, so I can answer some of this, since I was the one who sold him the car.

This car was originally a 5 speed. The kartboy shifter is from a wrx (rs/wrx are the same). The shifter in this car is very firm. This car also came from the factory with rear discs.

Is this car still make over 300whp? Or did you return it to stock?

It now has a stock lower mileage td04 turbo (wrx turbo) on it. Engine wise, it's basically back to stock other than the Vishnu crank pulley. He let me drive it a few weeks ago and I was really impressed with the gearing that is in it now. There is next to no lag with the 4.11 rear end as opposed to the 3.545 (wrx) that was in it when I had the car.

Cam

motormike40
10-04-2006, 11:56 AM
is the legacy trans stronger then the ej20's "glass" trans?

Camshaft2
10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
is the legacy trans stronger then the ej20's "glass" trans?

It's not really any stronger. As long as it's not abused it will be fine. It's more about how the car is driven (even though 02-03 wrx's in particular seem to have problems with breaking). Just keep running synchromesh fluid (no synthetic fluid or cheapo stuff).

Cam

andrewp724
10-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks Cam, I can't see anything you didn't answer for me, but if anyone has anymore questions just post them or pm me, or Cam will answer for me, lol.

-Drew

dartingd
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
looking for any specific trades?

andrewp724
10-06-2006, 07:23 AM
not at the moment, I'd really just like to have the cash. feel free to pm me with what you have, and I'll look it over.

-Drew

andrewp724
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
bump.

andrewp724
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
bump.

andrewp724
10-12-2006, 03:13 PM
bump.

andrewp724
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM