PDA

View Full Version : Dateline: catching online sexual predators

4dmin
10-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Dateline: catching online sexual predators

For those who are clueless Dateline has been running these specials on tv for a while about how they lure men into thinking they are talking to underage minors about sex. Some of the guys actually are dumb enough to come meet up with the teens who actually turn out to be Dateline + Police. The guys then are booked and go to jail... guys who don't even show up they go pick up and do the same to.

Here is the question... do you agree with the practice? personally i think it is fine but i do have some questions on their line of questioning.... like entrapment? is it breaking civil rights of some sort...

example: some girl gets on IA and STARTS a sexual conversation with a guy on here she is 15 the guy could be 17+... he buys into the trap then is caught for solicitating sex with a minor. even though nothing took place but conversation online he can get in trouble.

that just sounds funny to me... people have alter ego's online all the time like saying "i'll shoot you"... is that now a death threat? or if someone said "911 was justifiable" is that treason/terristic act...? nothing has taken place other then the exchange of words :thinking:

WHATS YOUR TAKE ON THIS???

Brett
10-02-2006, 08:51 AM
I think what they do is good, makes these guys question who they may be going to meet and maybe scare a few from going through with trying to meet someone. But I still think its entrapment.

Ran
10-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I think what they do is good, makes these guys question who they may be going to meet and maybe scare a few from going through with trying to meet someone. But I still think its entrapment.Agreed.

mumbles
10-02-2006, 08:54 AM
it may be sick. but watching those dumbasses makes me laugh.

B16a2 Civic
10-02-2006, 08:54 AM
if that was the case, then 88.6% of IA would be convicted of racism

B16a2 Civic
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
people are different online and offline, some people come out of their shell online, some people arent scared to talk to females online, but are scared offline

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 08:59 AM
I personally think that it is entrapment...I hate answering a question with a question but what if this is the guys first time doing this....I mean not saying it is ok to have sex with a minor but at the same time apparently the "minor" is also saying things to provoke interest...Or at least I assume so. I haven't seen one of specials but know that my bestfriend worked with a guy that was on the show, who also happened to work some of the production at my church....

Princess12
10-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Didn't they do one in Georgia not long ago? I do agree that the scenarios they use evoke situations of entrapment, but at the same time, it's good to know that people who are potential threats to children have been caught or the show scared/made others think twice.

ShooterMcGavin
10-02-2006, 09:08 AM
all i gotta say is: GEORGE BE CAREFUL! :lmfao:

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:08 AM
people are different online and offline, some people come out of their shell online, some people arent scared to talk to females online, but are scared offline
yup yup....I have met quite a few on here that talk crazy shit online to others(sexually) and then I meet them and they are quiet as hell and u would never guess it is the same person...

mumbles
10-02-2006, 09:12 AM
yup yup....I have met quite a few on here that talk crazy shit online to others(sexually) and then I meet them and they are quiet as hell and u would never guess it is the same person...

well there are a lot of balless pussys on IA

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:16 AM
dnt tell george, leave him oblivious

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:17 AM

i'd be the quiet one, but i never say anything explicit:goodjob:

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
well there are a lot of balless pussys on IA
Hehe..Dont gotta tell me I have met some of them..lol...

i'd be the quiet one, but i never say anything explicit:goodjob:

See I expect the same person in both places..

mumbles
10-02-2006, 09:24 AM

well if the last is true i'm always the asswhole. just for future refference

B16a2 Civic
10-02-2006, 09:25 AM
im the same in both worlds, talking to people online are the same to me offline, i'll joke around with ya, shoot the shit wit ya and be real chill

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:27 AM

LOL i do fight the urge to be quiet, sometimes, fear overcomes me

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:28 AM
im the same in both worlds, talking to people online are the same to me offline, i'll joke around with ya, shoot the shit wit ya and be real chill

agreed for the most part..im just a naturally quiet person

Hulud
10-02-2006, 09:29 AM
:stupid:

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:31 AM
well if the last is true i'm always the asswhole. just for future refference

Lol..Good to know...

So ur saying that the guys that give in to meet up with these girls in the end actually do have this desire to be with them sexually...I am the same online and off. Anybody can ask around...sometimes people read the shit I write and they are like, "WTF." By far the best reactions are when I say fucked up shit in person and the person tries to determine if it is ok to laugh or not...

LOL i do fight the urge to be quiet, sometimes, fear overcomes me

Bah! Fuck fear!

Hulud
10-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Dateline: catching online sexual predators

For those who are clueless Dateline has been running these specials on tv for a while about how they lure men into thinking they are talking to underage minors about sex. Some of the guys actually are dumb enough to come meet up with the teens who actually turn out to be Dateline + Police. The guys then are booked and go to jail... guys who don't even show up they go pick up and do the same to.

Here is the question... do you agree with the practice? personally i think it is fine but i do have some questions on their line of questioning.... like entrapment? is it breaking civil rights of some sort...

example: some girl gets on IA and STARTS a sexual conversation with a guy on here she is 15 the guy could be 17+... he buys into the trap then is caught for solicitating sex with a minor. even though nothing took place but conversation online he can get in trouble.

that just sounds funny to me... people have alter ego's online all the time like saying "i'll shoot you"... is that now a death threat? or if someone said "911 was justifiable" is that treason/terristic act...? nothing has taken place other then the exchange of words :thinking:

WHATS YOUR TAKE ON THIS???
i think what they are doing is fine. in this case entrapment is all good. i mean the guys still know the girl is 15, so they should know better. it doesnt matter who started the conversation, the guy should know better than to attempt to stick his dick in a 15 year old :2cents:

B16a2 Civic
10-02-2006, 09:32 AM
i also say nigga alot offline too

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:33 AM
:stupid:
Havent met u...Saw u but havent "met" u...U were clowning at the V in August..Seemed like what I would have expected though..

Hulud
10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Havent met u...Saw u but havent "met" u...U were clowning at the V in August..Seemed like what I would have expected though..
stalker! lol
why not come say hi, if you see me?

and what do you mean by "clowning"?

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:35 AM
i think what they are doing is fine. in this case entrapment is all good. i mean the guys still know the girl is 15, so they should know better. it doesnt matter who started the conversation, the guy should know better than to attempt to stick his dick in a 15 year old :2cents:
See that is what I was thinking too...Talking online to me should not be punishable...I think everybody does it to an extent...But actually going to meet up with the girl..Yeah that is just fucked up...Like when the guy from my church was on there I was like, "Whoa, whoa, what????"

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
stalker! lol

Clowning- Joking around and everybody that was around was laughing..

I normally dont just walk up to people to introduce myself unless we have interacted online some how...Like after this, I may introduce myself...I would hate to go up to somebody and do the whole, "Hi, I am Joselyn (SLOWLYbtngU) *extends hand for handshake* (other person gives the who-gives-a-fuck face and attempts to smile back)

mumbles
10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
See that is what I was thinking too...Talking online to me should not be punishable...I think everybody does it to an extent...But actually going to meet up with the girl..Yeah that is just fucked up...Like when the guy from my church was on there I was like, "Whoa, whoa, what????"

i wasn't surprised one bit this world is full of fucked up people. and nothing is surpriseing any more. we deffinately live in a world now of expect the unexpected.

ShooterMcGavin
10-02-2006, 09:43 AM
stalker! lol

makes sense what she said since you're an assclown :chuckles:

The Golden Child
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM
kill them all ..

Hulud
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Clowning- Joking around and everybody that was around was laughing..
gotcha

I normally dont just walk up to people to introduce myself unless we have interacted online some how...Like after this, I may introduce myself...I would hate to go up to somebody and do the whole, "Hi, I am Joselyn (SLOWLYbtngU) *extends hand for handshake* (other person gives the who-gives-a-fuck face and attempts to smile back)
hahahaha i see

Hulud
10-02-2006, 09:45 AM
makes sense what she said since you're an assclown :chuckles:
:2up: i told you not to tell anyone

The Golden Child
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
my friend watches this and he just starts cursing at the people ..

so i change the channel and hes like yo put it back ..

then i just start laughing at him cause he doesnt realize what hes doing ..

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Bah! Fuck fear!

GIVE ME THE NUMBER THEN:lmfao:

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:47 AM
my friend watches this and he just starts cursing at the people ..

so i change the channel and hes like yo put it back ..

then i just start laughing at him cause he doesnt realize what hes doing ..

lay off the cocaine for a while..cuz u makin no sense azn:lmfao:

SLOWLYbtngU
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
GIVE ME THE NUMBER THEN:lmfao:
I am 12 :devil:

Sammich
10-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I am 12 :devil:

so:lmfao: :lmfao: lemme stop b4 i get arrested ova BS..im not george:lmfao:

LETZ RUN
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
my question is how far do they go to get them to come to their house? do they send the guy naked pix of the "fake girl" and stuff like that. I saw on one of them that they put the "fake girl" on the webcam and stuff, was she stripping and stuff? If they do go that far to bait them, I would say its probably over the line. If not then I'm all for it.

The Golden Child
10-02-2006, 11:02 AM
lay off the cocaine for a while..cuz u makin no sense azn:lmfao:

phuc off my nut its hurting you brokeback mofo ..

byaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa !!!

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sammich
10-02-2006, 11:08 AM
LOLercopters

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-02-2006, 11:09 AM
this is honestly one of the better online predator specials I've seen to date.... hooking up with Perverted Justice and actually putting this on primetime tv to warn parents of the danger and hopefully derail many of these criminals to stay off the net, but that poses a potential threat due to them finding new ways to prey on children..

the funniest thing I see all the time on these shows is.... "I came to be a friend"
"I knew this was wrong to come out here, I had a bad feeling" "I saw your special on TV"

well guess what? I guess you didn't fucking learn..

go to jail, get pounded, serve time, get castrated, and maybe they'll think about letting you out

Mike Lowrey
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Scenario 1
Guy thinks he is talking to underage female online, then agrees to meet. Guy actually shows up.

He was intending to act upon his internet intentions = Go to Jail, you are a sick fucker

Scenario 2
Guy thinks he is talking to underage female online, then agrees to meet. Guy does NOT show up.

Could have been online bullshit = Do not fully agree with sending to jail.

Sammich
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
didnt cam'ron have something like this b4

JuicedCpe
10-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Supposedly these men know they are talking to a minor. They are not lured into thinking this person is of legal age and then go to meet. My understanding of it is that they "know" they are talking to a 12-13 year old. I have absolutely no problems with it that way. Otherwise I would think it is entrapment if they lead them on to believe they are of consenting/legal age.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-02-2006, 11:33 AM
its STILL SICK man!

Fast Shadow
10-02-2006, 11:37 AM
The debate on whether or not "sting" operations are entrapment has been around for years. I don't really have a problem with them if the cops are posing as buyers of illegal goods or services because nobody is forcing the sellers into doing anything they weren't already going to do. But when it comes to cops acting as sellers of illegal goods and services it gets pretty dicey, if you think about it. Anybody can be talked into anything if you're a good enough salesman. Tempting people into breaking the law where as they may normally never do anything wrong in their lives is a pretty dark road to start down.

Sammich
10-02-2006, 11:40 AM
SUPRISE!!!!!!1

4dmin
10-02-2006, 11:43 AM

but see here is my problem w/ this...

1) there was never a 15 yr old girl, so if your lying to get you to do something bad to me its like dangaling drugs in front of a drug addict... do you think they will pass?

2) what about the guys who just talk online... technically they aren't talking to a 15 yr old, so how can they then be charged for solicitating a minor if they never pursued anything? they aren't only arresting the guys who come out but the ones that just talk online.

anyone who commits a crime should do the time, but its like the age old test of honesty... put a wallet w/ 20$ on the sidewalk see if someone turns it in or pockets the $ ;) when you play w/ peoples minds they do fucked up shit. i bet if they did the same scenerio with people going through bitter divorces yet not w/ kids but pluging in ideas of murdering their ex; its very possible that idea will make one act upon it. :goodjob:

4dmin
10-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Scenario 1
Guy thinks he is talking to underage female online, then agrees to meet. Guy actually shows up.

He was intending to act upon his internet intentions = Go to Jail, you are a sick fucker

Scenario 2
Guy thinks he is talking to underage female online, then agrees to meet. Guy does NOT show up.

Could have been online bullshit = Do not fully agree with sending to jail.

110% agree

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-02-2006, 11:48 AM
and the shit some of them are saying to these predators are 10 fold.... their pulling out all of the stops...

15 y/o know a lot but damn.. their chatting like phone secks operators..

toph
10-02-2006, 11:50 AM
their whole case is based upon intent...i remember they would get them to bring beer and jimmy hats to further show intent.

i agree with what they're doing...i remember they would make it clear that the person was underage...and also...you wouldn't want your kid talking to some sick fucker online...even if they didn't meet...it's still fucked up. and besides...maybe that guy didn't show up that time...but next time he might. the problem i saw was that despite being busted before...they kept coming back...so it shows that apparently time in prison isn't enough.

i dunno if any of you have heard about lt.governor mark taylor...wants to push the death penalty for repeat child molesters...perhaps might be what it takes to keep these assholes away from kids.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I understand the intent, but Paul is talking about the other guys that DON'T COME and still get prosecuted..

death penalty for repeat child molesters? fine by me..

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-02-2006, 11:53 AM
all in all its a fucked up situation...

but its a sick world for children.... and the internet just makes accessbility greater..

toph
10-02-2006, 12:03 PM
even if they don't come they've still been having sexual conversations with a child

still pretty bad

4dmin
10-02-2006, 12:08 PM
even if they don't come they've still been having sexual conversations with a child

still pretty bad

no they've been having conversations w/ an adult who is feeding them to get certain answers... its one thing if the guy is online searching out underage kids. but for a cop to get online to instigate actions is wrong to me... your playing the devil on the shoulders of these guys feeding them things to get actions out of them.

ISAtlanta300
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
no they've been having conversations w/ an adult who is feeding them to get certain answers... its one thing if the guy is online searching out underage kids. but for a cop to get online to instigate actions is wrong to me... your playing the devil on the shoulders of these guys feeding them things to get actions out of them.

^^^^ Exactly

One thing is for them to sit and wait to be preyed upon in chatrooms and catch the real hardcore molestors in the act. Another is for them to start "Harrassing" any innocent guy in a chatroom with "hi, 15/yo here. Want to talk?", then enticing them with virginity and panty stories in hopes that the guy would say the right (or wrong?) thing to have a case / to be arrested.