PDA

View Full Version : new clubs/teams

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
i was thinking,.. the scene has changed so much in the last 2-3 years.. looking at what is in atlanta now, compared to then,.. there will never be another X-Rated, Perfected Images, International Allstars, like there was back in the day..

95% of the clubs, teams, and cars out there now.. are cookie cutters.. that one looks just like this one, and looks like the one over there too..

there are a few left that i give credit too.. Allstars, ECI, a few left form Xrated, and PI, but.. NOTHING like what was back then... its sad, i had some of the best times at car shows, on car trips, etc guess alot of yall missed out,.. sux for ya.. lol

Brett
03-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah the clubs have died that gave the scene a good run, thats for sure. It was clubs like that who kept the scene going, And some of the best looking cars came out of the shops at that time, Its not like that now, thats for sure.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I hear ya Jimmy:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p548db5fdb4ff7bdaae32d844dfd73025/f8de7698.jpg

Good times. :D

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
oh , and i forgot about a few cars from SMC.. THATS bringin it back.. lol

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 05:06 PM
oh , and i forgot about a few cars from SMC.. THATS bringin it back.. lol

Oh my! Yep, was in that too. NP Racing, y0!

carrascopa
03-09-2005, 05:07 PM
very very very true

Brett
03-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Alex, I remember when your RSX was done up.....

Cliff
03-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah the clubs have died that gave the scene a good run, thats for sure. It was clubs like that who kept the scene going, And some of the best looking cars came out of the shops at that time, Its not like that now, thats for sure.

yea like uab!!!! :goodjob:

4dmin
03-09-2005, 05:36 PM
hung had a fucking ugly gay ricer body kit... eeewwwww!!!! ;)

©hris
03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
i was thinking,.. the scene has changed so much in the last 2-3 years.. looking at what is in atlanta now, compared to then,.. there will never be another X-Rated, Perfected Images, International Allstars, like there was back in the day..

95% of the clubs, teams, and cars out there now.. are cookie cutters.. that one looks just like this one, and looks like the one over there too..

there are a few left that i give credit too.. Allstars, ECI, a few left form Xrated, and PI, but.. NOTHING like what was back then... its sad, i had some of the best times at car shows, on car trips, etc guess alot of yall missed out,.. sux for ya.. lol

That could change ;)

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
yea,.. well... no.. it wont.. lol

blacknightteg
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
you dont know that

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Man, your forgot to add in Family Creations! That club was the shit!

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
ive been in the "scene" for over 10 years... its dead.. lol.. well.. unless you dump real money in your car.. all these people think they can put 5-6 g's in there car, adn have a winning show car.. not the case.. granted, alot of the cars look good, they wont win anything at a real show....
and the clubs.. HA, cars should accually have to have stuff DONE THO THEM to be in a "car club",.. wait.. oh yea.. all the "new" clubs are just... um.. yea.. i wont finish that.. ill be nice

Kevykev
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
no more LEGO MACHINE? :(

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
the lego machine was jeff's.. i have the big huge accord .. both of our cars were yellow though.. lol

quickdodge®
03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I remember. Later, QD.

©hris
03-09-2005, 06:13 PM
u dont gotta have a $100,000 show car to be cool..... The scene is still here, but with the cars that are out, and the ammount of things u can do to them...what may be considered rice to one person.... may not be to another. Yeah ECI, and allstars have bad ass rides.... but how often to they get together? What the scene has become is very opinionated. but thats my opinion

Kevykev
03-09-2005, 06:15 PM
the lego machine was jeff's.. i have the big huge accord .. both of our cars were yellow though.. lol

yeah i know!!!

4dmin
03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
u dont gotta have a $100,000 show car to be cool..... The scene is still here, but with the cars that are out, and the ammount of things u can do to them...what may be considered rice to one person.... may not be to another. Yeah ECI, and allstars have bad ass rides.... but how often to they get together? What the scene has become is very opinionated. but thats my opinion well it all goes on what you want to do in the scene... everyone is different... if you want a nice daily driver ya you don't have to shell out 100k, but if you want to be at the top its gonna take some $$$, doesn't matter if its show/race

Kevykev
03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I'll never forget the day Jeff's hood flew off at the Track in Alabama...

Yeah he actually ran it at the STREETLEGAL SHOW (Free Runs which made it one of the best experiences ever)

his new Name was "Hoodless" for a day...

©hris
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
well if yall think the scene is dying..... quit Judging and start encouraging.... im not pointing fingers... this is really for everyone. The scene will never die... if anything kids these days are buying hondas left and right.... 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds.... this is the future of the import scene. They dont have the money, or maybe the time.... but they still have the same ideas.... Car clubs should take them in and help them rather than turn them away... I think its cool we have elite clubs with nice cars.... but be for real guys.... we dont have that kinda CHEESE lol Not trying to start a war or anything lol but for real, think about it.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
well if yall think the scene is dying..... quit Judging and start encouraging.... im not pointing fingers... this is really for everyone. The scene will never die... if anything kids these days are buying hondas left and right.... 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds.... this is the future of the import scene. They dont have the money, or maybe the time.... but they still have the same ideas.... Car clubs should take them in and help them rather than turn them away... I think its cool we have elite clubs with nice cars.... but be for real guys.... we dont have that kinda CHEESE lol Not trying to start a war or anything lol but for real, think about it.

Your wrong. Jimmy is right. Look at all of the old school clubs like East Coast Honda, SMC, X-Rated, NP Racing, etc. THAT is when this scene was at the top of it's game. Everywhere you turned there was a phat ass club with hot as shit cars, and people always were doing something else to their cars to change it up. Hell, I didn't even show that much back in the day and I was still changing shit all the time. My car has had 4 different body kits. My car has had the interior redone 5 times. I've had 4 engines, 5 transmissions, 3 different nitrous setups and 4 different exhausts. I have had 5 different suspension systems! SUSPENSION! Shit you can't even see! And my car has only been shown 11 times, by my choice! You don't see that shit today, with the exception of the elite clubs that are still around.

Now, none of us are trying to say that you younguns are garbage because you don't do that shit, but you are not as hardcore as we were/are.

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
it's because the new generation is the Fast and the Furious culture....

and when you go out to the meets, it's like a daycare, because you know damn well, half of them are out past curfew.

©hris
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Btlfed.... thats exactly the point i was trying to make....

©hris
03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
it's because the new generation is the Fast and the Furious culture....

and when you go out to the meets, it's like a daycare, because you know damn well, half of them are out past curfew.

you may be right.... but thats what it may be now. THE SCENE MUST GO ON! lol just saying that who cares what the future is????? whatever the scene becomes.... is what it becomes.... as long as everyone is having fun.... either that or ur just burned out.

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
and we didnt have "cheese" eather.. we worked overtime, in to the night, morning, after school.. didnt take time off to go to um.. meets? lol.. we had a blast doing what we did.. the big chicken meets, ONCE a week.. club "meetings" ONCE a month.. otgher than that.. we crused when we could, we chilled anywhere we could.. but only when we had extra time! we would meet on parking lots till 3-4 am, and there would be over 50 people there at a time.. and it was always DIFFRENT people.. it really is sad.. yall wont ever get it.. lol

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:35 PM
and we didnt have "cheese" eather.. we worked overtime, in to the night, morning, after school.. didnt take time off to go to um.. meets? lol.. we had a blast doing what we did.. the big chicken meets, ONCE a week.. club "meetings" ONCE a month.. otgher than that.. we crused when we could, we chilled anywhere we could.. but only when we had extra time! we would meet on parking lots till 3-4 am, and there would be over 50 people there at a time.. and it was always DIFFRENT people.. it really is sad.. yall wont ever get it.. lol

or someone would let us into the rink and watch the fat black man try to skate....

©hris
03-09-2005, 07:36 PM
bigbodyaccord... thats all cool and all... but dont you still see it happening???? you must not be attending the IA meets these days???? there once a week..... just different people.... than 1999.

©hris
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
i think this is a good debate.... lets talk :)

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
nah man, it's not happening like it was.

big chicken....those meets were the best, people from all over would come to those....I'm talking people from all over georgia would caravan to just be there. Average was like 100+ cars and that would be on a bad night. and it would be everything from mustang clubs, camaro clubs, and all the different import clubs, like a big melting pot.

the old Kohls + Toys R Us meet, were like mini big chicken meets, something new was always out there, so many people, avg was about 75-100, and again people would travel from all over with their group.

the target meets....the north point meets, you guy are lucky to maybe have 30+ cars, and it's locals mainly, and you've seen their car many of times.

the old meets, people would always roll up with something new, the car would never look the same the next week.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 07:45 PM
bigbodyaccord... thats all cool and all... but dont you still see it happening???? you must not be attending the IA meets these days???? there once a week..... just different people.... than 1999.

You are still missing the point. Back then when we had meets, people didn't have to babysit other people so everybody didn't get kicked out. The now infamous Barrett Pkwy? Yeah, I was one of the people that started it. There was usually 5 of us in the parking lot at Texaco, which is now a Shell station. Then everyone had to move over to what is now Starbucks, and not because of stupidity or being kicked out. We were blocking traffic into the gas station. The K-Mart meets at the big chicken? Always AT LEAST 75 cars there. Every Thursday for years. Then the younguns came around acting like assholes and Marietta Police kicked everyone out and guarded the parking lot so we couldn't come back. That shit is not OUR doing.

©hris
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
nah man, it's not happening like it was.

big chicken....those meets were the best, people from all over would come to those....I'm talking people from all over georgia would caravan to just be there. Average was like 100+ cars and that would be on a bad night. and it would be everything from mustang clubs, camaro clubs, and all the different import clubs, like a big melting pot.

the old Kohls + Toys R Us meet, were like mini big chicken meets, something new was always out there, so many people, avg was about 75-100, and again people would travel from all over with their group.

the target meets....the north point meets, you guy are lucky to maybe have 30+ cars, and it's locals mainly, and you've seen their car many of times.

the old meets, people would always roll up with something new, the car would never look the same the next week.

Ur prob right, i wasnt around back then....but im here now. And i "Grew up" into what it has become.... so what do i do???? exactly what yall did back in the day.... just in a different perspective.

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:48 PM
You are still missing the point. Back then when we had meets, people didn't have to babysit other people so everybody didn't get kicked out. The now infamous Barrett Pkwy? Yeah, I was one of the people that started it. There was usually 5 of us in the parking lot at Texaco, which is now a Shell station. Then everyone had to move over to what is now Starbucks, and not because of stupidity or being kicked out. We were blocking traffic into the gas station. The K-Mart meets at the big chicken? Always AT LEAST 75 cars there. Every Thursday for years. Then the younguns came around acting like assholes and Marietta Police kicked everyone out and guarded the parking lot so we couldn't come back. That shit is not OUR doing.

nah man, it was more like 100+ cars....

and that's exactly why it was shut down....kids were getting mom and daddy to buy them nice cars and they always wanted to show off in front of crowds....aka the kid that destroyed that M3 he just got.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 07:50 PM
nah man, it was more like 100+ cars....

and that's exactly why it was shut down....kids were getting mom and daddy to buy them nice cars and they always wanted to show off in front of crowds....aka the kid that destroyed that M3 he just got.

That's why I said AT LEAST lol. That BMW was the best. Nobody gave a shit. We all just laughed at him. Poles own j00! HAHAHAHA!

Trey
Yeah, blame the 18-23 year olds. They all ruined it for us old timers. :lol:

©hris

Yeah we still, have those idiots that do that.... but we can't let them stop us from havin fun right???? if anything if we catch up to em..... drag em outa the car and let him know how u feel about it.... Yeah we get harassed by cops and we may have been given a bad name to the Domestic side.... but look at how many members IA has.... they are out there.... the scene musta went to the internet lol

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Ur prob right, i wasnt around back then....but im here now. And i "Grew up" into what it has become.... so what do i do???? exactly what yall did back in the day.... just in a different perspective.

well, I'm not trying to be negative at all...but more of a outsider looking in....

as most of the regulars know me, I didnt fall into the "scene" when it first got going....I was friends with all of them sure.....but never got into it. I did my own thing and wanted to seperate myself from the asian guy with a honda persona....I instead opted for a 94 Mustang GT.....none of my friends liked it, none of my friends thought it was cool....so I had to make another set of friends....I had my mustang/domestic friends and the import friends. Everyone in the mustany community mocked me and made fun of me, calling me "ricer" and said that I need to get a honda....but I proved them all wrong, I made my mark in the domestic scene....I was also in Muscle mustangs & Fast Fords, twice. I always had my import friends, and I've seen how the scene was started, how it grew and then it's fall.....

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 07:53 PM

No, you don't. That is our point. Back then, we got together to hang out. Now YOU people get together to start pissing contests and do worthless burnouts and shit. Why do you think that your generation as a whole is not welcome at Import Lounge meets? Because the last time they let people in, they were kicked out and had to grovel at management for over a month to be allowed to come back.

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:54 PM
That's why I said AT LEAST lol. That BMW was the best. Nobody gave a shit. We all just laughed at him. Poles own j00! HAHAHAHA!

I just couldnt understand why his dumb ass wouldnt just get off the gas instead of keeping on it, to sling shot him all over the road ????

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
anyone remember when NP racing met up at pizza hut? at media play? subway/bargin store? even AMC theaters... man.. that was it...
you built your car so you could have a banner, so you would be accepted in the/a club.. no stock cars, not even close.. you could chill with a stock car, but be IN the club? are you kidding?? thats when only 6-8 peopel would make up a club.. tehn you had all the other people that hung with that club.. no banners, not in the club.. there cars werent good enough.. 97% of the peopel on here, that ARE in culubs.. have less than a grand put in there cars.. they are still basicaly stock!!! and they are in a club!!!! AHAHAHAHA.... i guess i was always more elite than that.. if my car at the time wasnt, then i built it so it would be!

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 08:01 PM

this comming from someone who drove his WRX off the side of a moutain

©hris
03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
im not that person you are talking about. and nobody that i know is... its the handfull of kids that do that shit. Everyone i hang out with in the scene is through IA.... i knew nobody before i joined IA.. i had a 91 Mustang GT and was a member of Street Stangs of Atlanta. I came from the domestic side. But you people started what was IN back in the day.... dont let it become what you think it is.... show the scene what it used to be.... start up a club.... teach these kids... The only reason they act this way is because we Exclude them.... because they gotta rice burner or something lol thats BS..... thats how they gotta get the attention because we dont give it to them.... Give them something to be apart of.

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 08:08 PM
See, back in the day, you really didnt see people out that much. We ahd cars that were legends. Jeffs Civic. Jimmys Accord. Kats CIvic. Peters Mustang. Marshalls 240. Brooks's Eclipse, LOL. Its fucked up that people didnt get to see, I really think you gotta be there to appreciate it. Im reading the thread and I can see you how might be getting pissed because you are saying that it could be better. But the whole mentality of the scene is different now

Im not talking about anyone in general. Back in the day, you seen people that were SERIOUS about cars. Take into consideration that we all arent that old. But where do you think average kids who lived in average houses got the money from to turn their average accord or civic into something widebody and custom kitted? It wasnt mommy and daddys money, it was from working 2 jobs while you were still in school.

See, a lot of people see the scene as the "in" thing. Yea, they might get a kit, some wheels, a system, but they arent going to take it further. Have you seen some of the cars we are talking about? These cars are Balls Against the Wall modified. Do you think those people are out buying the newest Coldplay CD, 6 flags on the weekend, 5 XBox games a month? Hell no. There were thinking shaving, molding, glassing. Everybody is serious until they have to spend money. NOtice how most of these hardcore tuners now are successful now, because they know what it means to work hard and sacrifice. Thats why people are ragging on the younger generation.

You have people who will fake the ambition around friends, but the hardcore tuner is the one who will pass the $300 Abercrombie jacket for the $20 one at Walmart and spend $280 on an Super AFC. The old scene had tuners who were willing to stay up for 24 hours straight to work on their cars and then go to work. The old scene had tuners who would go to Daytona with $15 to go to a car show. All of this shit is true stories from when the scene was solid.

Thats why IA is the way it is now. Some have sold their cars, stopped tuning as hard, etc. but they were around and still knew what everyone went through. Its respect. Now every kid in atlanta thinks if they have a name on IA with over 1k post then they are hardcore tuner.

BTLFED

Speaking of "old timers," does this look familiar? ;)

Brett
The "Scene" will never be what it was the days clubs like X-Rated, PI, ECI, Allstars were at the top of thier game. These clubs set the standards for the tru show cars. The people in this now who have come into it dont get that, They think stock cars in a club is a bad ass club cause they have 30 members, and they hang out every day. Back in the day these clubs were small in number but the cars spoke for themselves. MANY of these cars were magazine cars. The show scene has dropped BIG because these clubs dont show at all or as much anymore.

I know when I go to HIN and "True" shows like that I will never even stand a shit because in the reality, I show my car, But its never going to be a player in the real show circuit. I may do well locally, But to be in a "TRUE" club like the ones mentioned in this thread, You had to step up your game 110%.

The people, and the desire is not there like it was a few years ago. Thats just fact. I mean I see clubs who have officers that arent even into cars at all, and dont care to customize them, that says it all right there, on the future of the car clubs and scene in Atlanta. Thats not bashing, Its just saying it will NEVER be the way it was when the true players who made Atlanta what its is in the import scene. And no I am not one of them, I was around for a while and have supported it and will continue to do so for a long time to come, But true players where the Jeff G, Justin Cohens, Greg Chupp, Tim West, Steve Kubon, J. Nixon... People like that shaped it to what it was.

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:09 PM
i had a 91 Mustang GT and was a member of Street Stangs of Atlanta.

not familiar with that club? I was apart of Mustang Extremes and we had over 70members, but then there was a power struggle and the club split and what is left is now know as Street-Lethal and they put on GrudgeWars at Reynolds.

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 08:10 PM
well.. if i didnt buy a house, i woudl build a car that would murder almost everoyone on this site(almost not all) in every show... jsut like i did back in the day.. BUT.. i think a house is a smarter investment.. lol

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
See, back in the day, you really didnt see people out that much. We ahd cars that were legends. Jeffs Civic. Jimmys Accord. Kats CIvic. Peters Mustang. Marshalls 240. Brooks's Eclipse, LOL. Its fucked up that people didnt get to see, I really think you gotta be there to appreciate it. Im reading the thread and I can see you how might be getting pissed because you are saying that it could be better. But the whole mentality of the scene is different now

Im not talking about anyone in general. Back in the day, you seen people that were SERIOUS about cars. Take into consideration that we all arent that old. But where do you think average kids who lived in average houses got the money from to turn their average accord or civic into something widebody and custom kitted? It wasnt mommy and daddys money, it was from working 2 jobs while you were still in school.

See, a lot of people see the scene as the "in" thing. Yea, they might get a kit, some wheels, a system, but they arent going to take it further. Have you seen some of the cars we are talking about? These cars are Balls Against the Wall modified. Do you think those people are out buying the newest Coldplay CD, 6 flags on the weekend, 5 XBox games a month? Hell no. There were thinking shaving, molding, glassing. Everybody is serious until they have to spend money. NOtice how most of these hardcore tuners now are successful now, because they know what it means to work hard and sacrifice. Thats why people are ragging on the younger generation.

You have people who will fake the ambition around friends, but the hardcore tuner is the one who will pass the $300 Abercrombie jacket for the $20 one at Walmart and spend $280 on an Super AFC. The old scene had tuners who were willing to stay up for 24 hours straight to work on their cars and then go to work. The old scene had tuners who would go to Daytona with $15 to go to a car show. All of this shit is true stories from when the scene was solid.

Thats why IA is the way it is now. Some have sold their cars, stopped tuning as hard, etc. but they were around and still knew what everyone went through. Its respect. Now every kid in atlanta thinks if they have a name on IA with over 1k post then they are hardcore tuner.

wow...you have such a way with words....almost brings a tear to my eye when you make these kinda posts.......and my mustang wasnt anything special....it was just blue....hehe

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
well.. if i didnt buy a house, i woudl build a car that would murder almost everoyone on this site(almost not all) in every show... jsut like i did back in the day.. BUT.. i think a house is a smarter investment.. lol

let's not get ahead of ourselves Jimmy Jam. haha

Brett
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Jimmy I feel ya on that part, Life as we get older takes money away from our passion and we tend to accept it and do what we can, I love my car and love doing stuff to it, But this year I am showing as it was last year.... We have a few things we want to do this year and sinking money in the car right now just isnt at the top of the list.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:14 PM

You hit the nail on the fucking head, Frank! That is EXACTLY what we are saying.

And Peter, that kid in the beemer kept on it because it made the tires smoke so he could be cool! LMAO

Brett
03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Now every kid in atlanta thinks if they have a name on IA with over 1k post then they are hardcore tuner.

Thats the biggest problem now and with the people in it now.

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:20 PM
You hit the nail on the fucking head, Frank! That is EXACTLY what we are saying.

And Peter, that kid in the beemer kept on it because it made the tires smoke so he could be cool! LMAO

well shit, I use to do that....but I never hit any poles.....

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:20 PM
my mustang wasnt anything special....it was just blue....hehe

Didn't it have a matching bottle? lol

©hris
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
SSOA was off barrett pkwy... met at Hops. And i worked with Jeff Guise (If thats who yall are talking about) at Shumate. He cool as hell, has a really nice car. I gotta get going.... this is a good conversation.... maybe we can talk about it when i get back.

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Didn't it have a matching bottle? lol

hey! I bought it that way it was already blue.....and then got two white ones. hahaha....to match my hood....see! I was kinda in tune with the whole matching car thing....hahaha

quickdodge®
03-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Now every kid in atlanta thinks if they have a name on IA with over 1k post then they are hardcore tuner.

I made a reference to something like that in another thread. People that have a few hundred posts and go to some meets think they are IA. It was the OG topic that I was making that comment in. I admit that I don't know a lot at all about tuning. I just drove my car in my races. I had a mechanic(my bro-in-law) take care of it for me. I helped him out. But I was at every race for two years. I was at most every local show and a few out-of-towners for the following two years. I have been on IA since it was 4 months old. I orgainzed one of the meeting spots for IA meets for about 6 months. I haven't been much help in the technical side, but I have been a supporter for these past 4-5 years. I know everyone, everyone knows me. I'm not a hardcore tuner, but I am a hardcore IA OG. REP that shit, yo! Lolol. Hopefully, what I typed made any sense. Later, QD.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:23 PM
well shit, I use to do that....but I never hit any poles.....

Must I discuss the difference between the two? LOL

I would like to make 2 quick sidenotes:

1) This thread should be archived
2) You guys are awesome for keeping this a civil debate

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:26 PM
hey! I bought it that way it was already blue.....and then got two white ones. hahaha....to match my hood....see! I was kinda in tune with the whole matching car thing....hahaha

Yeah, your blue and white scheme was teh hotness! hahaha!

Brett
03-09-2005, 08:27 PM
I made a reference to something like that in another thread. People that have a few hundred posts and go to some meets think they are IA.

Thats like when the guy said we arent TRUE IA AND SCENE supporters if we dont come to Target.......

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:29 PM
I made a reference to something like that in another thread. People that have a few hundred posts and go to some meets think they are IA. It was the OG topic that I was making that comment in. I admit that I don't know a lot at all about tuning. I just drove my car in my races. I had a mechanic(my bro-in-law) take care of it for me. I helped him out. But I was at every race for two years. I was at most every local show and a few out-of-towners for the following two years. I have been on IA since it was 4 months old. I orgainzed one of the meeting spots for IA meets for about 6 months. I haven't been much help in the technical side, but I have been a supporter for these past 4-5 years. I know everyone, everyone knows me. I'm not a hardcore tuner, but I am a hardcore IA OG. REP that shit, yo! Lolol. Hopefully, what I typed made any sense. Later, QD.

Made perfect sense to me. :)

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:30 PM
oh yeah? civil?

well let me turn the tides....

F YOU E! your car was uber ghey, and that hairdryer you called a turbo couldnt get out of it's own way.....

Jimmy, I could out skate you in the dark! I could give you a head start, and then take a nap, eat some lunch, bang some hot biatches and then start skating and beat you!

QD, my MGB could out handle that neon.....granted it only has 69.5hp....it's a torque monster with a rev limit of 6k rpm....and the leaf spring suspension was the bomb....with the 185/70/14 tires.....ooooh boy, talk about grip!

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah, your blue and white scheme was teh hotness! hahaha!

I remeber when Mike Issacc's would beg to paint it for me!!

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
oh yeah? civil?

well let me turn the tides....

F YOU E! your car was uber ghey, and that hairdryer you called a turbo couldnt get out of it's own way.....

Jimmy, I could out skate you in the dark! I could give you a head start, and then take a nap, eat some lunch, bang some hot biatches and then start skating and beat you!

QD, my MGB could out handle that neon.....granted it only has 69.5hp....it's a torque monster with a rev limit of 6k rpm....and the leaf spring suspension was the bomb....with the 185/70/14 tires.....ooooh boy, talk about grip!

Great post from the original IA asshole. ;)

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:34 PM

LMAO!

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:36 PM
LMAO!

I mean I thought about it....but I had to keep to my JDM roots and keep the unpainted white fiberglass....

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 08:37 PM

Oh shit, WTF happened to him?

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
lol.. dont ask about mike! .. hahahah....

Brett
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Damn I remember him!! He had the glow in the dark paint Integra, and before that it was a pure white with white wheels and he was in Stock Options. He painted my spoiler I have on the civic and came over to the house with Whitney to put it on :)

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh shit, WTF happened to him?

he's got a Z06 now....and I hear he hangs out at the new barnacles on 141 across from St Ives.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I mean I thought about it....but I had to keep to my JDM roots and keep the unpainted white fiberglass....

yeah, that's it hahahaha!

What did ever happen to Mike?

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:45 PM
see above.

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Damn I remember him!! He had the glow in the dark paint Integra, and before that it was a pure white with white wheels and he was in Stock Options. He painted my spoiler I have on the civic and came over to the house with Whitney to put it on :)

Whitney! Where in the fuck did he go?! He's responsible for my Dub City addiction! lol

chmura
03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
SSOA was off barrett pkwy... met at Hops. And i worked with Jeff Guise (If thats who yall are talking about) at Shumate. He cool as hell, has a really nice car. I gotta get going.... this is a good conversation.... maybe we can talk about it when i get back.

I like your enthusiasm... would of been nice if we had u in FI last year...

don't worry about these guys... keep up the good work.... Just don't let the club be all stock cars..... cuz I do not care what u do you will then be flamed.....

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 08:49 PM
see above.

Yeah, noticed that after I posted hahaha

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-09-2005, 09:03 PM
does anybody have any pictures from some of the old shows/meets (besides the few that were posted from the target meets)??? i think that's the only way some of these guys will understand what it used to be like...

©hris
03-09-2005, 09:30 PM
im back... sorry, i had to take care of some things

ProjectWidow
03-09-2005, 09:46 PM
i completely understand the OG's of IA. i havent been around for that long, but i do remeber when UAB was the cool thing to do. i mean everybody was getting widen fenders, molded kits, and new front end conversions. everytime i drove by uab, there would always be a different car getting something new done to it. people in xrated, pi, all stars, would try new things and try to be one of a kind. nowadays, teens mainly are just trying to fit in with the older gang as most of you OG are. most of these teens have no knowledge on what the hell goes into their cars, but all they care about is how cool they look. hell i bet most dont even know where their oil filter is. most of these teens will just fork over money after asking their daddy for it, to fit in. i mean these are the teens that try to go to meets and show us up, by driving fast, doing burnouts and donuts and then getting kicked out. i for one may not have a fast car or an awesome car, but i have worked my ass off for it to be where it is now. i didnt know much when i first started moding, but i have learned so much in the past few years. i wanted a fiberglass system, so i got on the internet and learned how to do it myself. i wanted to customize my taillights, so i went online and learned to do it myself. having to work for all the money that goes into my car, gives me more respect for myself and a feeling of achievement. its funny how i tell someone that i have a custom system and the first question is "where did you get it done?" no one ever believes me because i did it myself. these are the rich kids that ask mommy and daddy for the new wheels on their brand new bmw. i hate kids like that! i heard a quote from a custom bike builder that said "if someone can do it, why cant i?" so this is what i try to live by. working your ass off to get something that you really want is what its all about. yeh it may take awhile to get something you really want, but this is the only way you will learn the true value of a dollar. i always try to do something that i have never seen done before on a prelude. this is the way tuners back in the day would approach things. this is how hot rodding got started. just a bunch of friends in their garage with no money doing custom work themselves and making thier cars stick out from the rest. doing something crazy and original is what made these show winning cars. i agree with everyone that it is slowly going away because people are in the car scene because its the cool "in" well anyway i could keep going and going but i think im going to stop here.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
03-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Well the scene won't be as dead if some people would either stop jumpin the bandwagon or seriously putting someone down for something they've done. Jumpin the bandwagon, I'm referrin to someone having a thing for widebodies(functional or non functional) gettin chewed up by some jdm ricer and puttin them down for somethin they like... a widebody or kit'd car is still a tuner's car. Then you have the other folks that would follow right along and join in on someone's other opinion just because they don't want to be felt left out. Then you got those that do somethin to impress others than themselves like going out and trying to drift with a 240 cuz that is the thing everyone is doing. Back then if you had a kitted car you'd get all these folks suckin up to you or if you had a simple car people would suck up to you too, but now... people are so selective and hatin. Would anyone want to go to a car show seeing a parking lot of "jdm" cars?

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Awesome post, Project Widow. You hit the nail on the head too. I commend you for that.

ProjectWidow
03-09-2005, 09:58 PM
gettin chewed up by some jdm ricer and puttin them down for somethin they like... a widebody or kit'd car is still a tuner's car. Then you got those that do somethin to impress others than themselves like going out and trying to drift with a 240 cuz that is the thing everyone is doing. Back then if you had a kitted car you'd get all these folks suckin up to you or if you had a simple car people would suck up to you too, but now... people are so selective and hatin. Would anyone want to go to a car show seeing a parking lot of "jdm" cars?
this is what pisses me off even more, when someone does something just to fit in!! why do something that you dont like just to look cool amongst your friends? hatin always pisses me off also. why hate on a custom car when you have no idea what the driver was envisioning and the sweat and tears that they put into that cars? even if i dont like something, i give them respect for trying something new and not following everyone else.

Awesome post, Project Widow. You hit the nail on the head too. I commend you for that.
thank you! living in a rich community such as alpharetta everyone that goes to my school is filthy rich, and get everything they want. coming from a family that made me work for what i want has really payed off and given me more respect for myself.

3gLudeH22a
03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
or someone would let us into the rink and watch the fat black man try to skate....

LOL...yea that was funny...who was that guy anyway???? LOLOLOL

EDIT: The scene is done,over,finished,etc....us old folks need to get together and show them whats really good...Oh wait my car was a peice...

HiPSI
03-09-2005, 10:31 PM
powers, let me try to put this as eloquently as your post:

you hit the motherfucking nail on the head!!! :D

you see the whole issue with this is the automotive HOBBY became the "SCENE". with it becoming a "scene" you garner the attention of those merely seeking acceptance withing a group of their peers, whereas with a hobby you get the people that do it for the love of doing it ;). showing, auto-x, drifting, drag racing; same thing works for all of these. a few years ago i knew several people that were all about import drags and had super fast cars (or so they claimed), but would never ever come to the track to get a timeslip. i've known people that claimed to be big into auto-x but you'd never find their name on a results list from any local auto-x.

there are tons and tons of internet drifters right now, but god knows i never see any of them at any of the events either. but, on the flip side there's still that 16 year old kid who scraped up all the cash he could afford for tires and entry fees to be able to get out there and do it, not talk about it but get discouraged because mom and dad wouldn't hand over the dough. when i was 14 i wanted a dirtbike, i worked my ass off as a commercial landscaper working 12-15 hour days doing apartment complexes, all for $6/hr. i'd be damned if i wasn't going to have that bike by the end of summer. when i turned 16 i wanted a car like any other red blooded american male, so i went out and got a full time job working after school until late at night at a gas station so i could afford payments/gas/insurance on it. marshall was brought up as an example before, and being a friend of his as well as a co-worker at the time i saw him put in those 70 hour weeks all the time so he could build his car the way he wanted to. this kind of dedication has become rare these days sadly, and that's the real issue here.

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I know i am not OLD but i have been around when X was hot as shit, PI kicked ass, ECI kicked and still kicks ass... and trust me IT IS NOT THE SAME NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME NEVER WILL BE THE SAME, ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON. if you feel the shit is the same or could be better, quit bitching and show them and even me that we are wrong... and i love how everyone says the girls bitch... look at this shit... ALL GUYS and a few are whining in my opinion... but hey i am with jimmy, ellingwood, RASHAN(TOKEN BLACK MAN!) Frnkpwrs, and the rest... (SHORT MEMORY IS A BITCH)

Tasuki_Civic
03-09-2005, 10:45 PM
uuum so why you pick tha lil scrappy......i think if you knew what kind of person he was you would change ya name jus cause he fucked tha name up for you.

©hris
03-09-2005, 10:46 PM
wow

©hris
03-09-2005, 10:48 PM
sorry to have created such a large dispute... im outa this conversation

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 10:48 PM
wtf are you talking about taskui? makes ZERO sence... who is he and scrappy is my cars name but thanks... think you have the wrong person... move on now

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 10:49 PM
See, you guys are on my point. Look at Shandys car. Every once in a while I see him riding near my parents house [124, Papermill, Hi Hope] and Im like damn. This was the same guy with the primered civic who played Michael jackson Cds at shows. The dude that you could actually see the progress in his car. The widebody, the seats, the bondo/weld marks. All of that into a car that I can pretty much tell without asking is his design and I dont think anyone can tell him it sucks and hurts his feelings.

What was said is correct. So many people are bashing cars, trying to fit in. I laugh a lot. I see people who say they are all JDM, but it has never been about bashing show cars. Wait, maybe on Honda Tech. True, the two scenes were different, but the issue wasnt show vs race vs jdm vs drift. Those were all different parts that made the scene so fun. I remember going to a show and seeing performance cars with the hoods up and show cars with hood, doors, and trunk open. It wasnt segragated. But its people fitting in. People who chose the "JDM route" and so they feel that they have to bash the show car scene because they want to prove that they are all about performance. Thats whats killing the scene, because people want to feel like they are so true to their little part of the scene.

I like performance and I have a little JDM twist. If I go to a show and see a car with a good amount of engine work, tasteful widebody, deep dish wheels, nice paint, good glass work on the inside, then hell yea, im going to be impressed. I can appreciate a 10 second civic just as much as a 9 second supra. If I think something is tacky, I wouldnt expect the owner to rip off their kit and put on the factory parts with a lip, HIDs, slammed and wheels because I think it looks good. And thats what these kids are doing nowadays, trying to fit in and bashing in the proccess to make themselves look more knowledgable.

Damn I wish some of you could have seen what some of us have. Im talking about cars. Cars that were the talk of the town. Do you know how many people considered cars owned by people on this board as godly? And speed? Your car was rated as being fast in comparison with Marshalls, all the time. When Kat had her civic she was like the role model for every female tuner in GA.

And the shops. Do you all remember the shop wars? LOL, well, Alex VS UAB war, LOL. Everything aside, UAB pumped out some of the most original ideas to hit GA. Then Auto Fitness for what was the highest quality work in the area. I think the conversion phase was good for the scene because it forced people to be creative. True, lots of people out there getting skyline lights, but there were also people doing other things. Mini Van doors on a civic wasnt even an idea that was too crazy to be tried.

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 10:57 PM
marshall was brought up as an example before, and being a friend of his as well as a co-worker at the time i saw him put in those 70 hour weeks all the time so he could build his car the way he wanted to. this kind of dedication has become rare these days sadly, and that's the real issue here.

For those who dont know, this is a hardcore tuner! This man took a mazda miata, and with everyones shit talking, honda purchasing, show car shit he put up with, he tuned it very tastefully. Like yesterday he posted that he had a conquest/starion built from scratch and I said seriously he did. But for real people, SERIOUSLY HE DID. I dont think you can tell Erin shit about shit when it comes to working on a car. He will live, breath, and eat auto facts all day and actually execute. If you ever seen under the hood of his Conquest, NOT ONE SINGLE THING WAS STOCK! Not because he was rich, not because he made excuses, because he worked hard for what he wanted despite what other people said.

Your average person in their late teens/early 20s is thinking about a car that would look nice cruising the club strip. This man worked his ass of and dealt with tons of shit while employed.

Marshall. A lot of people seen and heard about his car. If you EVER had the pleasure of sitting down with him and asking about it, it was a hard road. Not only building the car, but knowing what the hell he was talking about, going through the pain of things like people being criminals with clips, and the same speedbumps we all go through. And he was one of the most humble, non-cocky people in the world.

HyPer50
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Sweet, import time is almost up. Hope you bitches are ready to grow a mullett and pull out the chain link steering wheels, I see the price of turdgen camaro's skyrocketting, Domestics HOOOOO! *lays off the smack*

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
uuum so why you pick tha lil scrappy......i think if you knew what kind of person he was you would change ya name jus cause he fucked tha name up for you.

We talking about lil Darryl? LOL, I havent talked to him in a LONG time, but he was kinda lame when I knew him. Shes talking about Lil Scrappy the rapper

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Marshall. A lot of people seen and heard about his car. If you EVER had the pleasure of sitting down with him and asking about it, it was a hard road. Not only building the car, but knowing what the hell he was talking about, going through the pain of things like people being criminals with clips, and the same speedbumps we all go through. And he was one of the most humble, non-cocky people in the world.

marshall? non-cocky??? are you talking about the same marshall i know????? :p

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 11:04 PM
no i am not talking about a damn rapper... thats my cars name thanks... before lil scrappy was around... nice try though

BTLFED
03-09-2005, 11:05 PM

You are a fucking idiot. You have NOTHING revelent to this conversation. Thanks for fucking it up, stupid ass.

sorry to have created such a large dispute... im outa this conversation

If you can't have a mature discussion like the rest of us, then maybe it is better that you do leave. I actually gave you credit, too. :rolleyes:

Frank and Erin, I can't even add anything anymore because you guys are putting it so well. Mad props to you guys!

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
marshall? non-cocky??? are you talking about the same marshall i know????? :p

Hehe, I think he handled all the 240sx owners well. Its like he would go to a show and everybody would roll up and be like "I want a SR swap in my mustang! What do I have to do to make it fast?" LOL.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-09-2005, 11:14 PM
oh, he handled everything well, but i don't kow that i'd go as far as saying he was non-cocky!!! he knew his car was badass & he'd be the first one to tell you!

***i have nothing against marshall...i like the guy! (i know somebody will read this & take it way wrong!)***

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 11:17 PM
IA isnt even the same anymore... going to argue about that and say it is? im sorry i used to sign on and have every thread be worth while... now its just ever few threads... not IA's fault... there is a age limit, maybe there should be a mature limit too...

©hris
03-09-2005, 11:17 PM
If you can't have a mature discussion like the rest of us, then maybe it is better that you do leave. I actually gave you credit, too. :rolleyes:

WTF????? i never said anything :jerkit:

©hris
03-09-2005, 11:19 PM
been having an adult conversation since page 1 bro..... were on what 7 now???? its gotta end sometime..... thanks for the E-Putdown though.... real cool

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 11:24 PM
we arent all talking straight to you, we are talking in general not towards one specific person... but you can stop when you want maybe delete some of my posts... to be cool

©hris
03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
omg.... lol people..... drama...... DRAMA...... DRAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAAA...... im out, peace, going back to my forum where its safe.

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
you have said that how many times... go, let them and i finish our conversation on the old days we and them were part of...

but who loved the meets in teh skate shop?!?! sniiffin glue, and pickin on DP!

RISKYB
03-09-2005, 11:33 PM
this is part of the reason we cant have the big meets of yesterday, b/c alot of people read how this has went from a mature discussin to name calling and other BS, and most people can do without the added drama
my 2 centz

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
everybody just takes shit too personal now! there have always been arguments on ia, but nobody took it to heart like they do now!

Scrappy
03-09-2005, 11:43 PM
i just want my black token to post :D ill be set... but no seriously, i was impressed on the conversation that was going on about things, it wasnt bitching or negativity... it was facts that i miss :( but hey... life isnt always the same

Dragonfly5338
03-09-2005, 11:44 PM
this comming from someone who drove his WRX off the side of a moutain

Wrong Trey. You're talking about Tray with the silver STi who had a WRX that suffered from transmission failure, not that he decided to drive it off a mountain one day. Unfortunately people talk without knowing the facts - looks like you're a victim of the hearsay.

Anyhoo.. back to your regularly scheduled thread. Enjoy bickering about times gone by. :)

DJ XtRaK©
03-09-2005, 11:44 PM
everybody just takes shit too personal now! there have always been arguments on ia, but nobody took it to heart like they do now!

:yay:

JITB
03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
MAN......

Iremmeber when i first posted on IA, and i had my sohc automatic escort. IT was crazy, i didnt know much about cars, all i wanted to do was to make my car look good as the other civics i saw. And i went tot he meets and used tos ee all the xrateed-allstars stock options etc cars. I rememebr when marshall just got his car boosted and i thought it was Twin turbo...lol, and i was puzzled as to why he had a ford maf sensor, talk about memories. And i started to do dumb shit to my car and vinyl, and even a homemade intake which included masking tape...lol. I thought it was the shit. But over the years it has changed alot to a "SCENE" liike erin said, and noone knows anything its stupid. You see someone with a nice car and you start asking them stuff about it. And than you realize that they know nothing about their car. And that they just had all the work done. To me the scene isnt really dead. Its just too commercial and everyone thinks the same way, there is no originality anymoe. Everyone says the same thing when they get a car:
-yea im gonna build the motor
-im gonna just keep it clean
-yea i m gonna get some volks and boost it
- yea im about to get soem bronze wheels
- im getting some black wheels with a polished lip
-im gonna build it to hold alot of boost
- this motor is pretty strong it can hold xx amount of boost
-it runs high-low 15's stock
-theres a guy running 11's in this car

I still got alot of stuff im tryin to do with my car, so its alive to me. I finnally got a car out of the basic stuff and have reached the serous mods. i think clubs are cool, and should comback in the scene b/c thats how alot of people get started..eh enough ranting

FrnkPwrs
03-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Yup, thats the problem. Too commercial. Once anything goes commercial, there are problems

©hris
03-10-2005, 12:16 AM
MAN......

Iremmeber when i first posted on IA, and i had my sohc automatic escort. IT was crazy, i didnt know much about cars, all i wanted to do was to make my car look good as the other civics i saw. And i went tot he meets and used tos ee all the xrateed-allstars stock options etc cars. I rememebr when marshall just got his car boosted and i thought it was Twin turbo...lol, and i was puzzled as to why he had a ford maf sensor, talk about memories. And i started to do dumb shit to my car and vinyl, and even a homemade intake which included masking tape...lol. I thought it was the shit. But over the years it has changed alot to a "SCENE" liike erin said, and noone knows anything its stupid. You see someone with a nice car and you start asking them stuff about it. And than you realize that they know nothing about their car. And that they just had all the work done. To me the scene isnt really dead. Its just too commercial and everyone thinks the same way, there is no originality anymoe. Everyone says the same thing when they get a car:
-yea im gonna build the motor
-im gonna just keep it clean
-yea i m gonna get some volks and boost it
- yea im about to get soem bronze wheels
- im getting some black wheels with a polished lip
-im gonna build it to hold alot of boost
- this motor is pretty strong it can hold xx amount of boost
-it runs high-low 15's stock
-theres a guy running 11's in this car

I still got alot of stuff im tryin to do with my car, so its alive to me. I finnally got a car out of the basic stuff and have reached the serous mods. i think clubs are cool, and should comback in the scene b/c thats how alot of people get started..eh enough ranting

The point i made with the strobes, no1 has seen the strobes on my car.... knows where they are even located, or even seen a pict, which isnt possible.... and right off the bat thats considered rice.... it wouldnt be rice if i had a Murcialago w/ underbody neon and strobes lol

JITB
03-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Frank do u remember when u were buying that white 90 integra from my friend? thats waaaay back..

Coppertone
03-10-2005, 02:33 AM
So i've read through the pages and pages and got down to the last 2. Sure enough, there was the typical CRAP that I see posted on a daily basis on this board. New/Old it doesn't matter. There are so MANY different problems with the scene right now, the problem is that 95% of it has nothing to do with cars/trucks/bikes/drifting/dragging <--you get my point.
Go and look at the posts on this site....or any other internet auto related site for that matter and try to find out of the 1million posts, a part where an OG actually put forth the effort to help one of the little high school kids with an honest question. Try to find the post where someone offered an opinion instead of attacking someone in a degrading manor.
Many of the older people on this board CONSTANTLY bitch about the way the scene "used to be" but some of those are the same ones sending requests to admins about "can I get my post count back up" and flaming people needlessly. I remember people on this board saying "i'm not going to that show because...." and then flaming the show afterwards even though they didn't go. <-- same person then cries about not having any shows in atlanta later!
I've seen people have show cars, then bash people about having show cars, then try to get back into it. What i know is that when everyone realizes regardless of what you are building, how you are building it, why you are building it....you are still MODDING! It's what MOST of us are into (the lesser part being completely useless people that know NOTHING about cars and DON'T CARE to LEARN) and it's what SHOULD be keeping us together as a group.
What needs to happen? No idea. The scene will change many many times over the years just like it has with every other form of modding a vehicle.
I'll be in it one way or another and will always try to do something to support the scene. How many of you (NO, POSTING ON IA DOES NOT COUNT AS SUPPORTING THE SCENE) have done anything to help?

quickdodge®
03-10-2005, 04:30 AM
(NO, POSTING ON IA DOES NOT COUNT AS SUPPORTING THE SCENE)

Actually, in a way, it does. It depends on what all else you do along with that. If I din't support the import tuning hobby, I wouldn't be on this site. But I go to the IA meets and I used to(before car went down) go to all the shows with IA people. Later, QD.

HyPer50
03-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Actually, in a way, it does. It depends on what all else you do along with that. If I din't support the import tuning hobby, I wouldn't be on this site. But I go to the IA meets and I used to(before car went down) go to all the shows with IA people. Later, QD.

Eh, I could care less about imports, only reason I come to this site is cause it's a bunch of local car guys (albeit on the wrong side of the line).. This and Streetcarforums are the main 2 sites I know of with alot of local folks.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 08:04 AM
omg.... lol people..... drama...... DRAMA...... DRAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAAA...... im out, peace, going back to my forum where its safe.

Good. Get back in your cage and don't come back out. And I will make sure and not post in your worthless forum again, you delete happy child.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 08:06 AM
this is part of the reason we cant have the big meets of yesterday, b/c alot of people read how this has went from a mature discussin to name calling and other BS, and most people can do without the added drama
my 2 centz

And it is you children that cause it. How many pages did this go before it got stupid? :rolleyes:

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Go and look at the posts on this site....or any other internet auto related site for that matter and try to find out of the 1million posts, a part where an OG actually put forth the effort to help one of the little high school kids with an honest question. Try to find the post where someone offered an opinion instead of attacking someone in a degrading manor.

So, how many times are YOU going to answer the same question over and over again before YOU get annoyed? How many times are YOU going to go to a meet where you are kicked out because of n00b stupidity before you get fed up? There becomes a point where you know that trying to help is worthless because no one is willing to listen.

And threads where I have helped people?

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=77
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=254
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=797

Want more? Search my username on Honda-Tech. Damn near every post I have made on there was to help someone. Or search JDMUniverse, EF-Honda, etc. I always try to help people, but damn, it gets to a point where enough is enough. If talking to people is like talking to lint, why are you going to keep talking to them? :rolleyes:

chmura
03-10-2005, 08:31 AM
So i've read through the pages and pages and got down to the last 2. Sure enough, there was the typical CRAP that I see posted on a daily basis on this board. New/Old it doesn't matter. There are so MANY different problems with the scene right now, the problem is that 95% of it has nothing to do with cars/trucks/bikes/drifting/dragging <--you get my point.
Many of the older people on this board CONSTANTLY bitch about the way the scene "used to be" but some of those are the same ones sending requests to admins about "can I get my post count back up" and flaming people needlessly. I remember people on this board saying "i'm not going to that show because...." and then flaming the show afterwards even though they didn't go. <-- same person then cries about not having any shows in atlanta later!
I've seen people have show cars, then bash people about having show cars, then try to get back into it. What i know is that when everyone realizes regardless of what you are building, how you are building it, why you are building it....you are still MODDING! It's what MOST of us are into (the lesser part being completely useless people that know NOTHING about cars and DON'T CARE to LEARN) and it's what SHOULD be keeping us together as a group.
What needs to happen? No idea. The scene will change many many times over the years just like it has with every other form of modding a vehicle.
I'll be in it one way or another and will always try to do something to support the scene. How many of you (NO, POSTING ON IA DOES NOT COUNT AS SUPPORTING THE SCENE) have done anything to help?

you brought up some good points...

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 08:41 AM
car clubs are gay.

I am SICK AN TIRED of this being called "THE SCENE". You know what it all boils down to, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS. when that movie came out it made import sport compacts POPULAR. it made it commercial, it made it cool for the 15-17 year old kids to have something to relate to. the fact that some of us "OG"s had been doing it for years all got swept under the rug when it went commercial and you could start buying shift knobs, intakes, and mufflers at autozone.

I had been street racing for 3 years before that movie came out, with some very fast cars in arizona(where i lived at the time). We went an saw that movie, and were like "thats not us". What we were doing before that movie was what we called a "HOBBY", not a "scene", not a fucking "culture", not some "way of life". this is no great civilization, we arent promoting world peace, its a HOBBY, which i love very much, and i make a living at it.

When the fast an furious came out, it gave birth to the "i need Naws, SR20s,etcetc" in my "put name of car here". After that movie, if you all remember correctly, Magazines like Super street , SCC, import tuner, etc all blew up, there was a HUGE advertising and merchandising rush to capitalize on the "SCENE" that corporate america created with that movie. and unfortunetly, it burned alot of good things out.

Most of the car clubs i have seen aroud lately, are DEFINETLY not like the ones from 5 years ago. Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together". No longer is about having FUN and HANGING out, which is waht i remembered car clubs being back in the day, now its about , DUES, Tshirts, RULES, etc. somewhere along the line they lost the "its all about having fun and hanging out enjoying something we both love" part of the industry. I mean i get asked ALL THE TIME to join car clubs, i dont need it, i have my own friends, we hang out, go to the track, go out drinking, etc and i dont have to pay $50 amonth, or "go to 3 meets a week" , or "show in 4 shows a year" etc

Now we live in an age where the "true import enthusiast" is a minority. We are out numbered by Sanchez and his stock 240 DORIFFTO machine. we are outnumbered by Jake and his 17 second Civic LX 4 door. We are outnumbered by Harvey and his "can i get a turbo kit for my Geo Prizm". Which is fine with me, cause i still am friends with all my old "crew" , we all still have fun, and i dont let sanchez, jake, and harvey bother me :) through communities like IL,IA,HT etc you meet other people that share the same passion for their hobby, and friendships grow. The "scene" kids have two options IMO anyway:
1) Die out , get bored
2) Learn more an become and OG

my .02

Scrappy
03-10-2005, 08:44 AM
damn mike! tell them how you really feel! AWESOME points though ;)

AznTraitor
03-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can think of a few on here....that would fit that description perfectly. ;)

AznTraitor
03-10-2005, 08:52 AM
The point i made with the strobes, no1 has seen the strobes on my car.... knows where they are even located, or even seen a pict, which isnt possible.... and right off the bat thats considered rice.... it wouldnt be rice if i had a Murcialago w/ underbody neon and strobes lol

yeah it would, it'd be italian rice, and I'd be the first guy to come up to you and smack you on the head.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 09:01 AM
a "HOBBY", not a "scene", not a fucking "culture", not some "way of life". this is no great civilization, we arent promoting world peace

Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together".

The two best quotes, EVAR! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmfao:

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 09:02 AM
yeah it would, it'd be italian rice, and I'd be the first guy to come up to you and smack you on the head.

I'd be next in that long line. ;)

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh and every car club i see or hear the words "we are sponsored by.......". i mean, 99% of the time they opened a WHOLESALE ACCOUNT with some copany an they call it "sponsorship". Fuck, do you know HOW EASY IT IS TO OPEN A WHOLESALE ACCOUNT? you dont even need a tax ID anymore. Just cause you get Greddy for %20 off like every other company in the world doesnt mean you are SPONSORED. sponsored to me is "hey, we like your car, heres a free body kit if you put our name on your car" or "can you be in our booth for this show" etc. I mean if getting % off means your sposnored, then i guess im sponsored by Greddy, HKS, Turbonetics , not bad for a NA car LOL

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 09:08 AM
HAHAHA! I'm sponsored by every dealership around here!

HiPSI
03-10-2005, 10:31 AM
What we were doing before that movie was what we called a "HOBBY", not a "scene"

way to copy me! :D glad to see there are plenty of us on the same page. hobby=fun, scene=gayness to the highest level ;)

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 10:38 AM
way to copy me! :D glad to see there are plenty of us on the same page. hobby=fun, scene=gayness to the highest level ;)

Yeah, he did, but unknowingly because he didn't read that far. ADD ownz him! HAAHHA!!

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, he did, but unknowingly because he didn't read that far. ADD ownz him! HAAHHA!!
I didnt read the whole 8 page thread :)

Darling Nikki
03-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Damn I miss the days when blake would pimp his avenger, Jimmy with his dildo emergency brake in the accord, Pat's Legend :), Rasean's old school prelude, hahaha and Whitney, and Morgan who was my role model for the longest time..lol, ohh man I could go on and on....but it seems everyone has better investments so I know what u mean Jimmy, I do the maintenance on the GST thats it oh and a new top, but I don't ever think the scene will be the same as before bc of those two damn movies. I loved going to the shows with X-Rated and hanging with ECI...damn I feel a tear coming on. I miss you guys....but now I have everything and much more. (Hint hint)

Dragonfly5338
03-10-2005, 11:07 AM
I'd rather have a car that looks nice and goes fast rather than one that's a trailer queen. But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on what you think dictates contributing to the "scene".

I like being able to drive my car in the rain, over potholes, into parking lots, etc without screaming like a little girl. :p

Deaf Pimp
03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I said it once, I'll say it again. It'll never be like it was back in the day. True, I was not around as far back as NP... but when NP split and X-rated was formed... it was all good memories. Thats all it will be, memories. "The scene" will never be like it once was.

I miss all my home boys!

Darling Nikki
03-10-2005, 11:25 AM
HEy fucker.....you have time to post on IA, but not to text me....I see now thanks. lol

Julio
03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I have said this before and I will saying again... The only changes that really happens is the people who have been in this game longer.

I mean, How many of us were ricers back in .. lets say 95-96, I had my 91 accord w/ tri stars and cut springs, actually my civic had is prime riced out years in 98-99, if you think about it that was 7 to 10 years ago, I was 16 through 19... Since then most of us have learn how to properly modified a car.

Cars were big wayyyyyyyyy before any movies came out and there was the same kind of rice yearssssssssssssssss ago.
If you look at the ricers now a days, look at there age and then take yourself back to those years and you will see, same results or damn near close to the same results.

Is us peeps who change, get smarter, older & wiser! In a way, we should thanks outlet media such as magazine,movies, internet, etc we all learn either good or bad things don't matter how you look at.
I remember back then when I had my accord, the only magazine I saw/read were Turbo/ SCC/Hondatunning really didnt like it back then because they were all into performance I didnt care for that at the time (95-97) and knew nothing about, I didnt even know wtf an intake was or did Until I meet brian from PI in 98.

So I think is US who really change.

Jimmy B
03-10-2005, 11:54 AM
i never let me, or any of my close friends create rice.. when i had my truck, it was slammed on 15's... but, it looked liek a sport truck.. my accord,.. it was clean when it was black.. there was some kids back in the day that had mommas and daddys's money.. but even then.. alot of them attemped to do stuff themselves.. how many people today can lower there car, BY THMESELVES, and no spring compressor??

now kids are like.. oh here ya go shop.. hers a credit card.. you can do it..

who can do an interior? or even install headers by themselves???? on an INTAKE!!!!!

back then.. 98-01 are the best years.. friends chillin.. the PI, vs XRATED wars.. (btw, pi still sux lol) getting to shows at 8am to have good parking.. it was classic back then..

i was "sponsered" by at least 200 company's by todays standerds.. did i say i was? NO.. ONLY when i got something freee!

i guess this thread is good though.. its brought alot of memories, and good times back! and shown that kids,.. work for your cars.. and the clubs on here.. only like 3 of them are still elite.. all others are blah

civic95
03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
anyone remember when NP racing met up at pizza hut? at media play? subway/bargin store? even AMC theaters... man.. that was it...
you built your car so you could have a banner, so you would be accepted in the/a club.. no stock cars, not even close.. you could chill with a stock car, but be IN the club? are you kidding?? thats when only 6-8 peopel would make up a club.. tehn you had all the other people that hung with that club.. no banners, not in the club.. there cars werent good enough.. 97% of the peopel on here, that ARE in culubs.. have less than a grand put in there cars.. they are still basicaly stock!!! and they are in a club!!!! AHAHAHAHA.... i guess i was always more elite than that.. if my car at the time wasnt, then i built it so it would be!

I'll say this, the show scene is not what it was because the whole import scene has moved away from extensive bodywork, flashy, useless mods. Being in a club is not about having a $50K car worth $6K. It's about meeting hanging out with friends that share the love of cars.

In my opinion this car looks better than a lot that I see with $20K+ in mods:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/1Sicktuner/sig_01.jpg

Creating a nice car is not about how much you put into it, it's about having taste. If 1sicktuner threw some body kit on there, and converted his headlights to bmw headlights I wouldn't like it anymore.

Brett
03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
^^ Lamar, Im with you on the clean car part, I will always have more love for the clean car then the fully done trailer queen car, But those who know me, that sjust my taste anyways

Leisa
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
I agree Lamar... I love Chris's car.. very clean indeed!

Brett
03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
His car is nice, I just hear the owner sucks a mean cock!! :D

B16a2 Civic
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM
do any of ya'll remember drastik racing or Team Shadow?

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
who can do an interior? or even install headers by themselves???? on an INTAKE!!!!!

How do you install headers ON an intake? lol ;)

Allstar3.8T
03-10-2005, 12:19 PM
How did I miss this until page 10?
Please bear w/ me and rid ethis thru, I have a point or two worth making.....
Heres another old school opinion;
The internet killed the car show population. Not IA, but the people who talk crap before and after EVERY show, NEVER at the show. Its the typical over analized idealogy that can ruin a bowl of gold if you try long enough. When we were showin EVERY week in the early 90s, we were fired up when we left one show for another next week, now we have to read about how "unfair" it was that this or that won....Ruining the feelin of a win, or getting disrespected for a nice car getting second to a nicer car.... like a second place is bad.

We are killing our own sport by not sticking to its core value....FUN.

READ THAT AGAIN PLEASE

Why was it UAB vs YRC a few years ago? Why is it club vs club, team vs team? To help rival better cars thru competition, but in the end did that hurt more than help? In the end we all want to win, but at what cost? Are we willing to sell our perverbial soul for a trophy?
One of my greatest car days ever was pullin into ToysR-Us one GTG years ago when I had just wide-bodied and filled my car w/ the big stereo. That was one of the greatest feelings I ever had......Everyone was united and EXCITED!!
Think about this.... I really believe we are at a MAJOR crossroad in our community. Either we broaden our minds, and accept ALOT more, work real hard at promoting ourselves as a whole.....or we will certainly all miss our sport once we have beaten it to its literal death.
Finally....
I wish internet post counts were dropped, its a shame when a man work for a living, w/o a computer at hgis side, and is not taken seriousally because some idiot w/ ZERO knowledge and a high post count chimed in differently than he does when he gets a rare chance to. I have been disrespected by more ignorant internet idiots that know 1/2 as much as I have forgotten this week, that it makes me and everyone like me not log-in as much. Ever noticed how much activity is on the IA club forums of the prior stated "club heavy weights"..... theres a reason. Posers w/ high post counts.

AznTraitor
03-10-2005, 12:19 PM
How do you install headers ON an intake? lol ;)

just like the way you refill blinker fluid......

Jimmy B
03-10-2005, 12:24 PM

I have a bottle of that if ya need it.. i unhooked my blinkers and put strobes in them...

"""How do you install headers ON an intake? lol """

oops.. my bad.. lol

AznTraitor
03-10-2005, 12:25 PM
nah, thanks though jimmy.....I have a lifetime supply thru my "sponsership" haha

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 12:29 PM
nice sig LOL, im RICH BITCH!!!! im famous ;) if anyone needs a firewall gasket, a radiator for a 68VW bug, or a camshaft seal for a 95 RX-7, i get Mad hooks up through Greddy y0!

simplyblurredmrT
03-10-2005, 12:39 PM
wOw! There is a lot to take in on this thread. We (Elite) are a new club, but we came from a club that had been around for a few years Blur2ed Images. And we are always changing, always working, my car has been down for over a year nad my body work, and paint will just be getting done next Friday. Money was a big issue and Brett an back me up on this because I have a new Child and nothing is cheap when kids are invovled. And I worked my ass off to get everything I have and maintain my family. As far as Elite goes all are cars are works in progress, always striving to be different, 2 of our cars are 1 off's, 1 you never see because it's custom. Hell Kapil's Work Equips were the first set of that model in North America (at the time, could be diffrent now). There has been numerous times we have been up all night trying to get just one persons car right for a show or whatever. LOL! We even debated calling ourselves " In Debt" beacuse it's true because of the amount of money we put into our cars!!!

All I'm saying is that there are new clubs out there with the same "old school" dedication and originallity that was above stated.....but there are pionts I agree with by both parties.

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 12:40 PM
I kinda disagree with the inernet commendt. I have been HUMBLED, made GREAT friends, and learned ALOT from local forums, and national forums. I mean its hard to belive 2 years ago, i HATED btlfed, couldnt stand B@D @@PLE (we almost fought), thought Windsor was an asshole, told julio to fuck off, told casey to fuck off, and i was supposed to race some guy with a mustang with my B16 crx ;)

Now, I consider BTLFED one of my best friends, i talk to justin quite frequently and consider him one of the coolest people i have met out here, windsor has been nothing but nice to me, Julio and i have zero problems with each other, casey and i get along great, and i hope i never run into that dude with the mustang :)

We all have things in common, we all have FUN together at meets, and track events etc. That is the "real scene" imo. we have fun together and get along, cars is just another thing we enjoy together also. We dont need to ENJOY carss to be friends so to speak. My .02, well actually my .04 now since i gave my .02 several pages ago.

Group hug

eViLMunkey
03-10-2005, 12:45 PM
it's kinda hard to not have similar parts on similar cars...

Allstar3.8T
03-10-2005, 12:52 PM
I agree with what you are sayin vteckidd, but you may have misunderstood where I was comin from. The original topic was about the import car scene and its demise, not the otherside of the scene aka parties, online and other car-less events.

That being stated, The real scene for some is online, thats a shame. They are missing the "real scene"...its being in and around the cars. If you learned to swap B series into an EG online, you DONT know what it REALLY takes. I am a believer in living it, not talkin it. Show me what you have, dont tell me what you want. Too many people are in the scene only faceless here, or gettin plowed at parties....rarely in a true car setting.
Talkin to people online is great and very beneficial, and I agree its a tool that can be very good to make friends. I think forums are great, but some online "car talk only" forums are judged solely by post count, this was the case here for a while too.
I too agree there are events w/o cars that are fun, but I was only speakin about the posers that " rock the online yo"

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
That being stated, The real scene for some is online, thats a shame. They are missing the "real scene"...its being in and around the cars. If you learned to swap B series into an EG online, you DONT know what it REALLY takes. I am a believer in living it, not talkin it. Show me what you have, dont tell me what you want. Too many people are in the scene only faceless here, or gettin plowed at parties....rarely in a true car setting.

100% agree. if you learn online an do it yourself, thats ok in my book, but yeah the "i read you can do this blahblahblah" online is BS. i can attest to real life expierience is much better

civic95
03-10-2005, 01:00 PM
That being stated, The real scene for some is online, thats a shame. They are missing the "real scene"...its being in and around the cars. If you learned to swap B series into an EG online, you DONT know what it REALLY takes. I am a believer in living it, not talkin it.

I've done everything on my car myself except paint. 99% of I did from reading other peoples experiences online. Granted none of it was from this site, but the internet is a tool in todays world. If you need to know who won a battle in a war 200 yrs ago, why drive to the library search thru the card catalog, search for the book, and scan thru the book to find the info when it's accessible online thru a 30 second google search? Nothing wrong with being resourceful. And to those that don't work on their cars does it really matter? Shops depend on people to bring cars in to stay open. Some people don't have a garage, or tools. Try working on your car at an apartment complex, and see how long it takes for management to stop by.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I kinda disagree with the inernet commendt. I have been HUMBLED, made GREAT friends, and learned ALOT from local forums, and national forums. I mean its hard to belive 2 years ago, i HATED btlfed, couldnt stand B@D @@PLE (we almost fought), thought Windsor was an asshole, told julio to fuck off, told casey to fuck off, and i was supposed to race some guy with a mustang with my B16 crx ;)

Now, I consider BTLFED one of my best friends, i talk to justin quite frequently and consider him one of the coolest people i have met out here, windsor has been nothing but nice to me, Julio and i have zero problems with each other, casey and i get along great, and i hope i never run into that dude with the mustang :)

We all have things in common, we all have FUN together at meets, and track events etc. That is the "real scene" imo. we have fun together and get along, cars is just another thing we enjoy together also. We dont need to ENJOY carss to be friends so to speak. My .02, well actually my .04 now since i gave my .02 several pages ago.

Group hug

Don't let him lie to you! I still can't stand this poser! **smack from VtecKidd** Ouch! Nevermind! lol ;)

This above is totally true, and Greg hit the nail on the head, too. I will never forget my roots and where this "scene" came from, but I can't stand where it's going. I still have my East Coast Honda name tag. :D

Darling Nikki
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I miss my homies.....Jimmy when will we see your busy ass again booger??

Brett
03-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I've done everything on my car myself except paint. 99% of I did from reading other peoples experiences online. Granted none of it was from this site, but the internet is a tool in todays world. If you need to know who won a battle in a war 200 yrs ago, why drive to the library search thru the card catalog, search for the book, and scan thru the book to find the info when it's accessible online thru a 30 second google search? Nothing wrong with being resourceful. And to those that don't work on their cars does it really matter? Shops depend on people to bring cars in to stay open. Some people don't have a garage, or tools. Try working on your car at an apartment complex, and see how long it takes for management to stop by.

WILSON MOTORSPORTS FOR LIFE SUCKA!!! :D

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 01:40 PM
my penis is crooked, oh whoops, wrong thread

99SI
03-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I like to do some work myself. However, the mods I planned out for my car I didn't want to risk fucking up everything. SRZ racing is doing my shit and I for one am glad I don't have to worry about trial and error. Hell I've spent about 3k in parts and I got very very good deals on everything. Thank you vteckidd for helping me decide on the way to go and not bullshitting me about things. Point being, There are still plenty of people that are willing to help someone out who genuinely has an interest in learning about cars. I didn't come on pretending I knew everything about cars, I knew a little but in the last six months I've been working with Mike organizing and accumulating parts for my build I have learned and enormous amount.

Brett
03-10-2005, 02:08 PM
my penis is crooked, oh whoops, wrong thread

:ttiwwp: HA HA HA HA

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I like to do some work myself. However, the mods I planned out for my car I didn't want to risk fucking up everything. SRZ racing is doing my shit and I for one am glad I don't have to worry about trial and error. Hell I've spent about 3k in parts and I got very very good deals on everything. Thank you vteckidd for helping me decide on the way to go and not bullshitting me about things. Point being, There are still plenty of people that are willing to help someone out who genuinely has an interest in learning about cars. I didn't come on pretending I knew everything about cars, I knew a little but in the last six months I've been working with Mike organizing and accumulating parts for my build I have learned and enormous amount.
:goodjob: we have also learned the PAINSTAKING process of waiting on parts, and taking the extra time to make sure everything is perfect lol. almost done

JITB
03-10-2005, 02:12 PM
anyone remember WHITESMOKE?

I wonder if any of those guys are around.

©hris
03-10-2005, 02:28 PM
His car is nice, I just hear the owner sucks a mean cock!! :D
ahahahahaaaaa.... just got home from work and im trying to catch up on some reading in this thread.... lol brett

buddha@TeamFX
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
I have as well seen a dramastic change in the scene in the past years...I'm not particularly an import person, my ride is domestic but most of the people now a days wouldn't know where to begin to build their own rides it would be take it here and get this done and have them do what they think looks best...its like you see alot of the same stuff on every car...nothing original...i know my ride is nothing spectacular but what has been done I have done and was my own idea's. It just seems like its the same way with everything right now...let's take the easy way out...thats the way most people want it now...its sad...

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
anyone remember WHITESMOKE?

I wonder if any of those guys are around.

Led Squirters f0 lYfE!

Kermit
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, it took a while to get to this last page. I've never been in a club/crew/team, but I have been an enthusiast for as long as I can remember. I went to my first car show when I was 10 or so, there was nothing there but cars and their owners, with grease-stained hands, to tell you about the latest "addition" to their pride and joy, and how THEY got it to work. Back then, it seemed as though the owners' took as much, if not more, pride in their craftsmanship and hard work than the result. Then, there were also the people who didn't care all that much about how their car appeared, but were far more interested in how it drove. They were people who didn't want a part if it didn't make the car or truck handle better, stop sooner, or drive faster, of which I am one. From what I see, many of the so-called car-nuts these days are way too concerned on having the newest, most expensive, or most popular parts. To me, it's not the same when it becomes a competition of dollars spent versus a true love and passion for automobiles in general. This post is probably somewhat off topic, but it is majority of the reason that I have never attempted to join a club, well not until I joined the SCCA.

FrnkPwrs
03-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Damn, Whitesmoke! LOL. Family Creations was the nonIAposting Whitesmoke. That was the funniest club in the world

ProjectWidow
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM
I went to my first car show when I was 10 or so, there was nothing there but cars and their owners, with grease-stained hands, to tell you about the latest "addition" to their pride and joy, and how THEY got it to work. Back then, it seemed as though the owners' took as much, if not more, pride in their craftsmanship and hard work than the result.
i completely agree with you. i've been at a few car shows at where i asked the owner how they got that in there or how that works, and they have no fucking idea!! in my opinion if you dont know what goes in your car, then why go to shows? to show off for who? being at only a few shows last year only like 2 people actually asked me a question about how i did something. just the feeling that someone actually took their time to look at my prelude and ask me a question made me feel better.

Brett
03-10-2005, 05:46 PM
To me my favorite part of a show is when someone comes up to you and asks you about you rcar, Just shows they have a interest in the stuff that is done to it, and then usally you get to talk to them about thier car and what they like, etc. Thats what I love most about shows.

quickdodge®
03-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Eh, I could care less about imports,

Ummm, as my name suggests, I don't have an import, either. Later, QD.

HiPSI
03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Damn, Whitesmoke! LOL. Family Creations was the nonIAposting Whitesmoke. That was the funniest club in the world

what about civicminded? or slow motion... what a bunch of ball lickers

quickdodge®
03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Civicminded was the worst. They were some assholes. They took members from one club to their own. Bunch of member-thiefs. Later, QD.

Brett
03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Thats right, Fuck them!! They used to hang with that lame ghetto crew Koncept Racing.... Fuckin all were ricers!!

WINDSOR
03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
car clubs are gay.

I am SICK AN TIRED of this being called "THE SCENE". You know what it all boils down to, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS. when that movie came out it made import sport compacts POPULAR. it made it commercial, it made it cool for the 15-17 year old kids to have something to relate to. the fact that some of us "OG"s had been doing it for years all got swept under the rug when it went commercial and you could start buying shift knobs, intakes, and mufflers at autozone.

I had been street racing for 3 years before that movie came out, with some very fast cars in arizona(where i lived at the time). We went an saw that movie, and were like "thats not us". What we were doing before that movie was what we called a "HOBBY", not a "scene", not a fucking "culture", not some "way of life". this is no great civilization, we arent promoting world peace, its a HOBBY, which i love very much, and i make a living at it.

When the fast an furious came out, it gave birth to the "i need Naws, SR20s,etcetc" in my "put name of car here". After that movie, if you all remember correctly, Magazines like Super street , SCC, import tuner, etc all blew up, there was a HUGE advertising and merchandising rush to capitalize on the "SCENE" that corporate america created with that movie. and unfortunetly, it burned alot of good things out.

Most of the car clubs i have seen aroud lately, are DEFINETLY not like the ones from 5 years ago. Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together". No longer is about having FUN and HANGING out, which is waht i remembered car clubs being back in the day, now its about , DUES, Tshirts, RULES, etc. somewhere along the line they lost the "its all about having fun and hanging out enjoying something we both love" part of the industry. I mean i get asked ALL THE TIME to join car clubs, i dont need it, i have my own friends, we hang out, go to the track, go out drinking, etc and i dont have to pay $50 amonth, or "go to 3 meets a week" , or "show in 4 shows a year" etc

Now we live in an age where the "true import enthusiast" is a minority. We are out numbered by Sanchez and his stock 240 DORIFFTO machine. we are outnumbered by Jake and his 17 second Civic LX 4 door. We are outnumbered by Harvey and his "can i get a turbo kit for my Geo Prizm". Which is fine with me, cause i still am friends with all my old "crew" , we all still have fun, and i dont let sanchez, jake, and harvey bother me :) through communities like IL,IA,HT etc you meet other people that share the same passion for their hobby, and friendships grow. The "scene" kids have two options IMO anyway:
1) Die out , get bored
2) Learn more an become and OG

my .02

best post ever!

quickdodge®
03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Koncept Racing was nothing but a front for gay/lesbian porn. That's why we were surprised when a certain member left us for Civicminded. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
03-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I've always said the same thing Vtecckid said. This is a hobby. Later, QD.

Brett
03-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Thats cause they had better gay porn then Koncept Racing... They didnt have shit on CM!! KR just took ugly dike bitches in, CM was open to all gays

quickdodge®
03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
So. That's what we liked. Later, QD.

wannab20hatch
03-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Im sorry but i gotta go with jimmy and btlfed on this one the scene is dying. I remember a few years ago when 30+ cars would show up at a meet. And people would be there til the wee hours of the morning and now kids (and i use that term loosely seeing as i myself am only 20) want to go to clubs/movies/bowling etc. And then they wonder why they never have time for meets you have to make time. Plus they show up and want to impress people with their car os they do stupid shit and get in trouble with the police and wonder why cops hate on imports,and wonder why we cant drive our g-ma to the doctors office w/o getting harassed. I remember when Jason from civic minded/UC had his Si he was one of the first people who told me about I-A at a meet behind a dentists office of all places. Hell i even remember back to when marshalls car just had a swap and unpainted front end, and mike still had his "stupidfast" rx7.

Just my .02

Brett
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I remember when Jason from civic minded/UC had his Si he was one of the first people who told me about I-A at a meet behind a dentists office of all places.

Yeah he was with CM from the day I started it pretty much and he stayed with us for a bit when we went to UC

Buford®
03-10-2005, 08:54 PM
I havn't been in the "scene" as long as all of you O.G's, but I've learned from all of the O.G's on how to mod a car properly. I can tell that the "scene" isn't dying, but it's not progressing, either. It would be cool if we could bring back some of those clubs like seX-Rated, or P.I, or any of those other B.A clubs to show us how it's done, but it'll never happen. Everybody is getting out of this sport. Oh well. Shit happens. But our club is doing it's best to continue on with that tradition.

I hate to go off topic, but I see this person reading the thread, and I'm wondering "who in the hell is this?" Screen name is "BigFatCrustyDildothatLovesYourMomBitch" who the fuck are you?

simplyblurredmrT
03-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Brett and I have this conversation before about old school, and as young as I am (24) I still stay true to what I learned as a kid. "If you can't find it make it and if no one likes it and you do Fuck 'em"! I have stuck to that for as long as I ve been into imports. It was all about creation doing whatever you had to do to improve your car. We had to make custom shit for our cars because nothing was availble aftermarket wise unless you had a domestic car of some sorts. It took hard work and dedication to acheive your goals and now people have gotten lazy, you can get everything you need at the click of a button. If you get the chance talk to Og old schooler like Brett or whoever and learn from them, it'll give you a new prespective on your car and how you customize it.

Brett
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
^^^I may not have a level of a car as some of the other people who have been around, But I am ALWAYS willing to offer tips, advice or help the new people out

UnEEk4DR
03-10-2005, 09:27 PM
ia.com was the best back in the day when i owned my 93 civic coupe........a guy i never had met in person or talked to very much took the time to come by my apartment and take me to home depot to get a star socket set so i could get my damn steering wheel off...........then later that person stayed around to help make it a neon booger lmfao........

i had alot of fun back in the day even though i NEVER owned a modded car......my shit was ghettofabulous but it was fun to do cuz i didnt care......i had never seen a neon green car before the night pat and i decided to spray bomb mine Grabber Green........i drove it out to a meet at starbucks one night and everyone was starin like WTF did this fool do!?!? then were more surprised that it was spray paint......but ya know what? not ONE person bashed me or the car.......we all had a good laugh and most people knew who i was from that and it was all good.....i met a few kick ass peopl from this site that i am still friends with 4 yrs later.....now it seems everyone wants to act hard core and be a ethug to everyone thinking they actually scare people. I also remember riding around on the top of the NopI Jimmy van with a cam corder at the meet near the mall of georgia.......those days were fuckin great!! like i said i was never known or will be known for owning a highly modded car but i was and am always willing to help someone with something if i can, most people that drive the cars around now no NOTHING about it other than they paid someone to do something to it......
jimmy and jeff T. spent alot of time in the shop helping build their cars, not just handing over money to make it what it became.....everyone now thinks if they pay a shop to slap a kit and bondo on their car it makes them a serious tuner......it doesnt......just makes you another car with the same kit as the one that jjust passed me 5 minutes before

simplyblurredmrT
03-10-2005, 09:35 PM
^^^I may not have a level of a car as some of the other people who have been around, But I am ALWAYS willing to offer tips, advice or help the new people out

That doen't matter about your car Brett, what matters is that you and I, as well as others on this site know what it means to put the CUSTOM in customize. For we were around when you it all had to be custom, and the work invovled. Some of the newer generation just need to have there eyes opened to that fact and they will enjoy it all the more.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 10:11 PM

Okay, now you are just being a wanker. Your Civic looks better than my CRX! :p

Brett
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Im just sayin Im not up there with the ECI, Allstars, etc cars like that, I dont have a car that shaped the Atlanta scene

wannab20hatch
03-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Its fun to "customize" parts and have to fabricate shit. No one told me how to do an auto to manual in my old hatch but i took the time to figure it out and now 3 of my firend have done auto to manuals in their cars. I love working on cars nothing makes me happier(well nothing makes me happier wiith clothes on.) I tried to work on cars for a living and just couldnt do it. It just wasnt the same I enjoyed it 100 times more when a friend would call and ask me if they could come by my house and use my shop or have me help them. I take just as much pride in my friends cars as i do my own.

wannab20hatch
03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Im just sayin Im not up there with the ECI, Allstars, etc cars like that, I dont have a car that shaped the Atlanta scene

You may not have the car that shaped the atlanta scene but you have the personality to help shape us new kids.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 10:27 PM

You as a person helped shape the Atlanta scene! You could be driving a 74 AMC Javelin and it wouldn't change that!

trythefly
03-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I miss the old scene. Some of the best years of my life chillen with the old Perfected Images crew. Driving to Partay Forge in the middle of the night to pull straight into a show that was at least 115 deg F out..... Working for days and days straight on rides to get ready for a big show. And people didnt try to pimp the exact same setup for 10 years and "swear that ish dope yO". The scene is MUCH younger than it was back when I was in it. 17 year old kids driving mommy's grocery getting accord with a bodykit & neons bumpin...... LOL

ok I have work to do so I'm out....

Allstar3.8T
03-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Brett, ask anyone in Allstars, its 50% car , 50% the owner. That is how we also view )the scene. Any A-hole w/ $$ can build a car, and alot of real cool guys are not in a place to spend $$, and we all can understand that.

I like Ellingwood have deep import roots w/ East Coast Honda, (and way earlier...We showed a 85 accord in a national show in 1989...and won) I was able to share in ECHs lengthy success, and I personally was one of a few guys who shut it down when the time had come. Go out on top mentality.

IMO, To be an OG you dont need the baddest car, If so there'd be one OG. You dont need the most knowledge, just real world experience and an open mind to absorb everything around you, and help make changes for the better so todays new guys can have the chance to be OGs themselves. Ex- I remember Josh Nixon first hittin the scene w/ his dad at shows in his red civic (before the LS swap and the JRSC....well before the sweeeet Teg). Now look....OG to the fullest.
I may not be OG, but I remember alot, and I wanna look back on today years from now w/ fond memories too. Ya dig?!

BTLFED
03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Brett, ask anyone in Allstars, its 50% car , 50% the owner. That is how we also view )the scene. Any A-hole w/ $$ can build a car, and alot of real cool guys are not in a place to spend $$, and we all can understand that.

I like Ellingwood have deep import roots w/ East Coast Honda, (and way earlier...We showed a 85 accord in a national show in 1989...and won) I was able to share in ECHs lengthy success, and I personally was one of a few guys who shut it down when the time had come. Go out on top mentality.

IMO, To be an OG you dont need the baddest car, If so there'd be one OG. You dont need the most knowledge, just real world experience and an open mind to absorb everything around you, and help make changes for the better so todays new guys can have the chance to be OGs themselves. Ex- I remember Josh Nixon first hittin the scene w/ his dad at shows in his red civic (before the LS swap and the JRSC....well before the sweeeet Teg). Now look....OG to the fullest.

I agree with this whole thing 100% except this down here:

I may not be OG, but I remember alot, and I wanna look back on today years from now w/ fond memories too. Ya dig?!

YOU are not an OG?! Are you kidding me?! Total BS. You are more of an OG than I am!

(Notice that we all talk down about ourselves? lol)

quickdodge®
03-12-2005, 09:44 PM
IMO, To be an OG you dont need the baddest car,

Me, me, me. Later, QD.