PDA

View Full Version : need some help.

shavedcivic
05-27-2005, 08:25 PM
So i got a great set up, but i'm sure it could hit hard as fuck. but i don't know what i need to do to make that happen.. anyone out there can help me..???

chuck
05-27-2005, 11:39 PM
what set up do you have??? like what are the speakers sizes and wattage and what amps and headunit are you using?? what kind of box do you have them in now?? if you are looking for just some boom boom and aren't too keen on perfect sound quality then i'd suggest a ported box of some sort for the subs, but that depends on the sub sometimes too. also, i'm assuming a civic but what kind of car is this in?? list out some details and myself or someone would be more than happy to give you some input.

CrooklynRaw
05-31-2005, 06:12 PM
yeh man list what you are working with ... and what you hope to best gain from your setup..i'll help you out!

shavedcivic
06-01-2005, 02:29 AM
i've got a memphis 1,000 watt amp and a memphis twelve.

threehundred
06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
if it's a memphis 1000d, you want to get another sub or two (i'm unfamiliar with memphis subs) and wire them down to single ohm so that you can get some serious power out of your amp. It's a d class so it's stable to 1 ohm.

rotorho
06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
if you listen only to rap call up memphis and ask them for the volume of a box that the qtc raatio is 1.0 or 1.1 it maske it loud and boomy. thay should be able to tell you