PDA

View Full Version : WTB B18b1 Longblock complete motor

static
10-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Give me some prices on your b18b1 longblocks.
My old b1 kicked the dust at 200k and I have talked around and a friend of mine has a shop who will help me install it.

I want a longblock since I am doing Tech school at Gwinnett Tech and am eventually going to boost my motor.

Don't bother if the motor has over 50k on it, I want something low to last me a few years. Looking to spend 1k-1500 max. I want stock internals unless you've got some stuff done but are selling at a good price.

Thanks guys. I'll check back daily, the sooner the better. So if I find a motor that interests me I'm definitely picking it up.

Not a price hunting post so give me you're best prices and I'll pm you ASAP.

2.0civic
10-01-2006, 01:06 AM
while were at it, i want a ferrari for $25k

seriously though, you want a low mileage motor go to hmotorsonline or nad auto...low mileage longblock here will be like a needle in a haystack, especially when you use the word cheap..

Mainstream is doing b20 swaps now so check into that

static
10-01-2006, 01:37 AM
All right. I need one stock, not built. Appreciate the sites, I'm doing research on it now and looking up different JDM longblocks. In reality they aren't that expensive it just takes time to find a good one. 1500 for just the block and head is a good price. I don't need dizzy mounts or anything. I am planning on boosting my car down the road and b20's aren't designed to handle turbo's well. I've heard several stories of those motors melting internals when boosted. I've got some minor stuff done to my 18b1 as well and therefore I am looking at the same motor, just a JDM.

It's Saturday, and I know they won't be open until Monday, so do you know how much the longblock runs off the top of your head? They don't have pricing, so I'm thinking either you have to call or they do this because the different motors vary in price. Thanks

JDMBeau
10-01-2006, 01:42 AM
what happened to your stock motor? i am looking for one so i can rebuild LMK

static
10-01-2006, 01:56 AM
My best guess is the head gasket is shot on it. The car has 200k and same for the motor. It's never been replaced. Radiator fluid is emptying into the motor after I rev it to about 3-4k using the throttle body. The entire antifreeze overflow tank was emptied into the motor in a matter of about 5 seconds.

But my buddy that is helping me with the motor has first dibs on my old motor, since he's helping me install it and everything. I'll let you know if he doesn't want it and I decide to sell it but right now I have to see how things pan out.

Now let me revise that. 35000 miles is preferrable but I will take no more then 100k original miles or rebuilt but that depends on the condition of the block and head. Thanks

2.0civic
10-01-2006, 07:47 PM
My best guess is the head gasket is shot on it. The car has 200k and same for the motor. It's never been replaced. Radiator fluid is emptying into the motor after I rev it to about 3-4k using the throttle body. The entire antifreeze overflow tank was emptied into the motor in a matter of about 5 seconds.

But my buddy that is helping me with the motor has first dibs on my old motor, since he's helping me install it and everything. I'll let you know if he doesn't want it and I decide to sell it but right now I have to see how things pan out.

Now let me revise that. 35000 miles is preferrable but I will take no more then 100k original miles or rebuilt but that depends on the condition of the block and head. Thanks

damn, that sounds like a cracked sleeve

Vteckidd
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
if you need a LOW MILEAGE MOTOR turn to

HMOTORSONLINE.COM

4doortypels
10-04-2006, 10:26 PM
are you looking for an OBDO OBD1 OBD2... ??

2.0civic
10-04-2006, 10:27 PM
seeing how the guy has a B1 now, i would assume he wanted obd2..

silversol
10-04-2006, 10:32 PM
^^^ 94-95 obd1 is also a b1

2.0civic
10-04-2006, 10:36 PM
yeah true, forgot that for a second
lol

static
10-05-2006, 12:32 PM
It's cool. I have some stuff I need to pay off first. I payed $86 for my license light being out..... and only $50 for driving with no license, go figure. I'm hoping to get it ordered sometime tomorrow. If not it will be next week. I really don't care if it's OBD1 or OBD2 since the motor is the same, except for years and typical mileage being less on the OBD2 since it's newer. Hmotors had very good mileage on the OBD1 at around 40k miles so that works fine for me.