PDA

View Full Version : lawnmower problem...lol

JITB
10-01-2006, 12:38 AM
my lawnmower isnt that old only about 4 years at most, adn when it gets hot it cuts off. and after 2 minutes it will start back up , but in 10 more minutes it will cut off again. my weedeater does the saem thing... What the fuck is up?

The Stiffler
10-01-2006, 01:48 AM
get honda lawnmowers. they last LIRL.

JITB
10-01-2006, 02:02 AM
cmon man, im tired of payin folks to cut the grass, its a craftsman they are supposed to last. i think it may need a oil change, or soemthing, i replaced the spark plug still nothing...it has to be soemthing small

2.0civic
10-01-2006, 09:56 AM
carb adjustment??

bigdare23
10-01-2006, 10:06 AM
you vtec is not kickin end when it should. I had that problem before!

JITB
10-01-2006, 11:52 AM
carb adjustment??

how would i do that?

3kgtdrvr
10-01-2006, 11:57 AM
im not tryin to be a jerk, but if ur not familiar with carburetors then i would say not to mess with it. they can be really tricky if u dont know what ur doing and u can end up taking it way out of wack. there are some small engine repair places u can take it to that do like lawnmowers and stuff

2.0civic
10-01-2006, 11:57 AM
i really have no idea but my old lawnmower did the same thing and thats what it was

JITB
10-01-2006, 12:15 PM
i really have no idea but my old lawnmower did the same thing and thats what it was

u took it soemwhere or did u do it your self?

2.0civic
10-01-2006, 12:24 PM
took it to corleys small engine repair in duluth.

JITB
10-01-2006, 01:22 PM
aight guess i need to do that too... i thought it would be a easy fix i could do. how much did they charge u?

sirkus
10-01-2006, 03:01 PM
aight guess i need to do that too... i thought it would be a easy fix i could do. how much did they charge u?

Probably around 50 bucks. We had a john deere that did that for months. Check and make sure the airfilter is CLEAN... Does it just all of a sudden die? Or does it start spittin and spuddering and then slowly die?

JITB
10-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Probably around 50 bucks. We had a john deere that did that for months. Check and make sure the airfilter is CLEAN... Does it just all of a sudden die? Or does it start spittin and spuddering and then slowly die?

it spits and sputters, than dies slowly. and if i wait like 2 minutes it will start up again.

sirkus
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Your o2 sensor is bad.

J/k It's probably just flooding it's self. I'd take it somewhere and get them to set the carbs. It's nothing really big. You could probably just find a book on e-bay that tells you how to work on lawn mowers. It's really not a bad thing to be good at :P

sirkus
10-01-2006, 07:40 PM
You need to get a new carb like this one..

Someone has WAY to much time on their hands.

JITB
10-01-2006, 11:16 PM
You need to get a new carb like this one..

Someone has WAY to much time on their hands.

lol i think that would void my warranty... :lmfao:

§treet_§peed
10-01-2006, 11:25 PM
simple your V-tec isn't hooked up properly...:D j/k

The Stiffler
10-02-2006, 12:36 AM
naw its not the carb or VTEC or o2 sensor....its the MAP sensor and ECU sensor and perhaps the main relay as well!!

sirkus
10-02-2006, 01:48 AM
lol i think that would void my warranty... :lmfao:
haha I think if you cut the grass with it you might void your bowels.

I wish I could find the website with a 12a engine on a lawn mower.. It was a larger mower though.. like a grasshopper. Had no exhaust on it, shot flames like 4' out the side. Guy had a video of it too, I'll be searching.

SL65AMG
10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
cmon man, im tired of payin folks to cut the grass, its a craftsman they are supposed to last. i think it may need a oil change, or soemthing, i replaced the spark plug still nothing...it has to be soemthing small

did you buy it at SEARS?

joepuppet
10-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Farmers small engine repair off Ga 20 in conyers is a great place to take it. He will do you right and he has the best mullet in town

souldigger
10-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Mine was doing the same thing. Had the carb rebuilt and all was fine.

Cliff
10-03-2006, 11:10 PM
more than likely your jettings are bad and like said before if you have the carb rebuilt it should be fine...they will charge you a couple bucks for a new set of jets but that's not bad...hell jets aren't expensive to get either but like said before carbs are very tricky to work on

GIXXERDK
10-03-2006, 11:53 PM
It could be just clogging inside?

Cliff
10-04-2006, 12:10 AM
it could have trash in the carb but that usually means it takes more than just letting it sit for a second to clean out....you usually have to blow air through the lines or spray carb cleaner through it before it will start working again...

allmotoronly
10-04-2006, 04:53 PM
if its brand new and cuts off when hot, it may be the coil. What brand is the engine? probably briggs and stratton. It sounds like a bad coil to me. It may be the carb, but unless you bought it, filled it with gas, used it once and didnt use it again for 4 or 5 months, there should not be any trash in the carb, since trash in the carb is usually rust, since all new lawn mowers have fuel filters, so even if you put dirt in the gas tank, it should never reach the carburetor. What brand is your weedeater?

EDIT: ok I just re-read and saw where you said it spits and sputters...
Check the fuel filter. when it starts to sputter, does engaging the choke help any? look at the spark plug. If it is wet looking, it is flooding itself, and the rubber tip of the needle is torn. If the needle has a metal tip, then the rubber seat may be torn. Other than that, the float may have a crack in it, which means it will fill up with gas and not float, opening the needle valve all the way, flooding the engine. If the spark plug is white looking, then it is running too lean, which means the needle is sticking closed, or the jet may be defective.