PDA

View Full Version : 2002-03 Nissan Sentra Spec v

Friggintitsman
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I just bought an 03 Spec V. I have always done all the maintenance to my cars, but this one is a bit intimidating to me. I have not worked on a car passed a 98. Can anyone point me in the direction of what kind of repair manual to get on this. I usaully get a Chilton, but I can't find one for this car. I also want to know if there are any little tricks about it like when I change the oil does the service engine light come on and if so how do I reset it. I also need to change the rear brakes too and dont want shit to get messed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

N/A EK
09-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Why would the CEL (check engine light) come on when you change the oil????

N/A EK
09-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Is the car f*cked up or something?

Friggintitsman
09-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Is the car f*cked up or something?

no i know in my girlfriends 02 civic that when you change the oil the CEL comes on. then you have to reset it.

Big J
09-30-2006, 11:20 PM
There is no oil change reminder light. I've got a copy of the 2004+ electronic nissan factory service manual on my computer, I don't remember where I downloaded it though, they had the 02-03 service manual too. I'll see if I can remember where I got it. It's over 1400 pages.

Friggintitsman
10-01-2006, 03:46 AM
There is no oil change reminder light. I've got a copy of the 2004+ electronic nissan factory service manual on my computer, I don't remember where I downloaded it though, they had the 02-03 service manual too. I'll see if I can remember where I got it. It's over 1400 pages.

I found one on ebay that is on disc. Hopefully its worth a shit. Either way thanks for the help

~The_Duke~
10-02-2006, 08:19 PM
I have heard of this happening, but I cant remember much else after that...I wish I could be of more help...

~The_Duke~
10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
You might want to check www.thevboard.com they have alot of good stuff on Spec V's :goodjob:

Footefan52
10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey Jimmi glad you finally got a spec. As for the CEL when changing oil it doesn't come on. Hondas throw a CEL every three-thousand miles when your supposed to change the oil and all you have to do to get it off is hold the little button down that resets the trip odometer for three seconds while you start the car. The brakes are easy as pie also. Just make sure that you have something to compress the pistons to get the calipers and pads over the rotor. Good luck with it man. Hope you like yours more than I did

Friggintitsman
10-05-2006, 07:45 AM
You might want to check www.thevboard.com (http://www.thevboard.com) they have alot of good stuff on Spec V's :goodjob:

Thanks man I really appreciate that link.

Friggintitsman
10-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey Jimmi glad you finally got a spec. As for the CEL when changing oil it doesn't come on. Hondas throw a CEL every three-thousand miles when your supposed to change the oil and all you have to do to get it off is hold the little button down that resets the trip odometer for three seconds while you start the car. The brakes are easy as pie also. Just make sure that you have something to compress the pistons to get the calipers and pads over the rotor. Good luck with it man. Hope you like yours more than I did

Man it wasn't easy, but I finally got a deal worked out with my bank to get my lude paid off and get a spec. Unfortunatly it was already after you sold yours. I'm glad you sold it though, you should post some pics of your new ride when you get some.

~The_Duke~
10-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks man I really appreciate that link.

Your welcome :goodjob:

I think there is one called b15sentra.net? I think...I cant find the email that I have it in...

Big J
10-05-2006, 06:27 PM
b15sentra.net
http://myspecv.com/f/index.php<------myspecv.com
thevboard.com

slivic00
10-07-2006, 06:35 PM
The two biggest problems with spec's are the engine sucking in the screws on the butterflies, and the precat on the header disentagrating. Both of these things are easily fixed, by locktiting the screws, and getting an aftermarket header. Go to thevboard it will be your new home.

fox
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
myspecv.com > thevboard and b15sentra.

The precat problem can also be taken care of at a dealership under your warranty.