PDA

View Full Version : Just found out that I suffer from phasmophobia...

quickdodge®
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Kinda strange when you know what I do on the side. Later, QD.

HyPer50
05-27-2005, 07:17 PM
A ghost hunter who is afraid of ghosts. Good choice = )

Kinda like a hemophobic butcher lol

Kermit
05-27-2005, 07:17 PM
That is odd, maybe that's why you do what you do though. Facing your phobia's is noble.

quickdodge®
05-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Lolol. Later, QD.

HEATON
05-28-2005, 04:10 AM
..and how exaclty did you find out?

Brett
05-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Thats what I was going to ask, Unless one came up and tapped him on the shoulder and when he saw shit running down his leg he realized "Im afraid of these white mofo's"

quickdodge®
05-28-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm more afraid of the black ones. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
05-28-2005, 10:39 AM
lol

ISAtlanta300
05-28-2005, 01:13 PM

Why the racism?

LOL

HEATON
05-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Why you gott be a NOOB? Trust me, your lookin deeper into this then you should be ISATL.

Repost Squintz
05-28-2005, 07:10 PM
LOL, damn thats pretty ironic

ahmonrah
05-29-2005, 01:47 AM
?? black ghosts.....as in the ones that dont give off a white smoke appearance?? so your afraid of the ones that look more like the black smoke ghost used in "the grudge"...

understandable cause you dont know if an ugly ass face is gonna fly out of the black fog.....lol

Nittanys1
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
maybe your afraid because of what you know about them....we rented white noise and i have yet to watch it, my sis watched it in her room and afterwards went over to a friends to sleep cuz it freaked her out so bad!

ahmonrah
05-29-2005, 02:21 AM
well white noise that movie i'm sure is freaky. the only thing about the paranormal is that it's something that we cant put a hand on(like a table) yet for the most part we can't say it doesnt exist because we get (or imagine) examples of it's exixtance. not saying i'm not a believer but as far as i understand our minds actuallly filters and blocks alot of what our eyes actually see.

reality is perception. what we've been trained to percieve and reality in my opinion are two totally different things but if we were to have the blinds taken off tomorrow most people in the world would off themselves from the shock of what our minds block out.

so do ghosts exist....maybe...maybe we just go to another plane of existence and some of us get stuck here in this world...maybe some of us dont want to leave even though we're dead for one reason or another.

Brett
05-29-2005, 09:14 AM
^^ Thats why they say kids can see them ( If they do in fact exsist ) because they have not been trained by sosciety and life to see/not see what is or isnt there.

quickdodge®
05-29-2005, 07:19 PM
^^^ Exactly, Brett. Kids are innocents. They are basically "taught" that monsters don't exist or ghosts aren't real.

nittanys1, I started this thread for a joke. I am certainly not afraid. I have been doing this for a year and have a great time doing it. Go ahead and watch White Noise. Really good movie. Later, QD.

Nittanys1
05-29-2005, 07:26 PM
i have been wanting to watch it....my girl has to but she has never been here to watch it (working open to close)

ahmonrah
05-30-2005, 12:22 AM
yeah ....i've always been interested in the paranormal. since i was a kid. i actually got into trouble from my parents in 5th grade 'cause i went to the public library and checked out a couple books on demonology, witchcraft and the occult. but on the flip side of the darker stuff. i've also checked out books and done reading on angels and more positive types of entities. (entities since i'm not sure what most are and hell are we haunting them or are they haunting us ?? )

ahmonrah
05-30-2005, 12:23 AM
HEY QD !!! i wanna come tag along on one of your investigations...stolen car or paranormal....i'm good at sneaking around and shit so the stolen car one will be the shit. and ghosts dont scare me....well only if i see one. j/k

JustinSane110™
05-30-2005, 01:27 AM
nittanys1, I started this thread for a joke. I am certainly not afraid. I have been doing this for a year and have a great time doing it. Go ahead and watch White Noise. Really good movie. Later, QD.
I've been meaning to check that movie out too.

You ever spot anything man, I know I think I did once in my aunts house in Indianapolis, she's got a huge ass basement (few thousand square foot) unfinished and used mainly for storage. So me and about 4-5 of my cousins always play hide and seek in the dark down there, fun as hell, and me and my cousin Kenny were hiding in opposite corners of one of the back rooms watching towards the doorway when we see this real faint glow way in the back of the next room. I hear him go "Man you see that shit?!?!" By the time I could say I did, all of a sudden the shit comes rushin across the room towards us but it wasn't visible to where we could make out any features it was more of a faint glowing outline of a body then it was gone just as it got right up to us, weird as fuck to say the least.

Now if it woulda just been me I woulda dismissed it somehow, but I def. believe somethin was up cuz we both saw it at the same damn time.

Brett
05-30-2005, 09:12 AM
i have been wanting to watch it....my girl has to but she has never been here to watch it (working open to close)

Travis dont be a little pussy!! HA HA HA HA HA

Its a awesome movie, I loved it!! Granted you may think you see 3 black shadows everynow and then when the lights are off at home, But hey... Thats what makes a horror movie fun :D

quickdodge®
05-30-2005, 11:50 AM
HEY QD !!! i wanna come tag along on one of your investigations...

I'll take you to a spot. I know Brett's got dibs on my next hunt. Lolol.

You ever spot anything man,

I have seen mist, before, right in front of me. I have, twice, seen a light streak across a cemetery and a light flash over a cemetery. I've never actually seen an apparition or orb with my eyes, though. Later, QD.

Tracy
05-30-2005, 11:52 AM
is white noise for real? I watched it last night.

Nittanys1
05-30-2005, 11:53 AM
yeah it is, the movie may be a little stretch but the fact of hearing recorded voices in silent rooms is real....

Ms Dollar
05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
i'm gonna make chuck rent that movie i wanna see it i have always been interested in that sort of thing...

quickdodge®
05-30-2005, 12:07 PM
yeah it is, the movie may be a little stretch but the fact of hearing recorded voices in silent rooms is real....

I don't know about it being fact, but it is a strong theory. I have actually heard something through my computer before, attributing it to a form of white noise. I was working on my website one evening when I heard someone shout, "HELP!" It came from my computer speakers. It was a male voice with a hard Southern accent. The odd thing was that I NEVER have my volume turned up on the computer. Never heard it again. The movie White Noise is a hugely Hollywood made movie. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
05-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey QD I have been dreaming of ghosts in my house or a house for the last couple of months.... are they trying to tell me something?

quickdodge®
05-30-2005, 12:28 PM
^^^ Yes. They want you to get rid of the clear tails and get some Altezzas. Lolol.

It's kind of hard to say. Try to remember some of your dreams and actions taking place in them and anything "said" in them. Let me know of anything and I'll see what I can make up......I mean, I'll see what I can find out. Later, QD.

Nittanys1
05-30-2005, 12:35 PM
i had seen some show on TLC where the house was haunted and the little girl was playing with some one..they called in ghosts hunters and they cought some voices in areas of the house....caught

Nittanys1
05-30-2005, 02:27 PM
just finished watching the movie......werid....and good yet bad ending.......

JustinSane110™
05-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I have seen mist, before, right in front of me. I have, twice, seen a light streak across a cemetery and a light flash over a cemetery. I've never actually seen an apparition or orb with my eyes, though. Later, QD.
So what exactly does what I saw classify as, besides something that freaked me the fuck out haha. Because it was very clearly in the shape of a persons body, but couldn't make out any features on it.

quickdodge®
05-30-2005, 10:56 PM
It's really hard to say. I hate to insult you by saying maybe your eyes playing tricks on you in the dark, but you had someone else see it too. Possibly a reflection of something. Or, it could possibly have been an apparition. You should check up on the history of the house and find out if anything crazy happened in the house or on the property. Where is the house located? Like, what part of town? Later, QD.

JustinSane110™
05-31-2005, 02:58 AM
It's really hard to say. I hate to insult you by saying maybe your eyes playing tricks on you in the dark, but you had someone else see it too. Possibly a reflection of something. Or, it could possibly have been an apparition. You should check up on the history of the house and find out if anything crazy happened in the house or on the property. Where is the house located? Like, what part of town? Later, QD.
Definitely weird shit happened in the house. We told my aunt about it the next day and she said that the woman that lived there before they moved in was like 90 something, on an oxygen machine, still smoked, and was in a wheelchair. Her kids forced her out and put her in a nursing home against her will and that was about 10 years before we saw what we did in the basement. We always heard weird ass noises coming from the very back rooms, but that was the first time we ever saw anything cuz we were all the way back there.

ahmonrah
05-31-2005, 03:33 AM
reminds me of a house i lived in with my parents back in ILLINOIS.

this was like a victorian style house and it was about 90 years old when we moved there when i was in 7th grade ('90). this house was about 3 stories, including the attic which was liveable but noone went up there. it had a fully furnished basement also.

well ne-way, dad was a cop and worked graveyard, and moms worked 2nd shift at the time, sis was in sports as well and running with her friends afterwards and i was in sports all year round, there was many times when i was home alone. on many occasions i would hear and feel footsteps walking around on the hardwood floors above whatever level i was on.
seeing as how i mostly spent time in the basement watching tv after practice i'd hear heavy soled shoes walking from the front door, usually to the basement door. the first time of hearing that i thought maybe dad had came home for lunch, i went to check to see if he was standing at the top of the stairs
i remember the footsteps walking through the house (main level) to the top of the stairs, so i got off the couch to see if he was on his way down. when i heard the footsteps stop i was near the stairs leading up so i know someone should've been standing there, no one was. i turned around, went back to the couch and sat down, and about when i sat down i heard and felt the footsteps start again, from the top of the stairs through the main level of the house and back to where the front door was.

another occasion i was in the basement, i heard the footsteps walking on the main level. as i got up to see if i could meet who ever may have come in and as i walked up the basement stairs i heard the footsteps stop. they were near the basement stairs but in the kitchen. as i walked up i heard them walking back toward the front of the house so i sped up. i paused in the kitchen and heard the stairs leading up to the upper level of the house creaking so i went to check it out. no one was on the stairs and as i watched i heard the stairs creaking as if someone was walking up the stairs. i stood there and seen no one and i heard the footsteps continue down the upper hallway. the way the stairs were set up you could see anyone coming up or down the stairs since it was a winding type of stair case like this one :http://www.kilburnie.com/Kilburnie%20Main%20Staircase%20Single%201.JPG

that night i locked up the house and left til moms got off work.

ahmonrah
05-31-2005, 04:06 AM
the one thing that got me the most was in that house and it was shortly before we move to another house. i was upstairs in my room on a weekend, moms had took my little brother and went to visit my granny (grandma for those that used such names) my sister was out running the streets and dad was off at work again. i was in my room reading and i heard the footsteps downstairs first i heard them walking around in the kitchen (my room was above the kitchen) then i listened as they walked to the front of the house and began up the stairs. this was about the time that dad would come in for lunch (3am) so i thought it was him. the footsteps slowly began climbing the stairs (same heavy soled shoes) and i heard them coming down the hall. since my room was the second to last door at the end of the hall i thought dad was coming to use the restroom. i decided to surpruse him as he walked past my room. i wait til the footsteps get in front of my door and i jerked the door open. look out...no one is in the hall. that scared the shit outta me so i close the door, no sooner that i do that i hear the footsteps resume slowly from where they were (my door) go to the end of the hallway, and return back down the hallyway, go down the stairs and to the front door.

quickdodge®
05-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Damn. Wild shit. Later, QD.

ahmonrah
06-01-2005, 11:39 AM
yeah i never liked being alone in that house after that. i was happy as hell to move outta there.