WhiteAccord
10-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Looks ok

JoeyKazez
10-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I really like them both.

Chevy is considering a 600hp LS9 package for the camaro.:eek:

Guess I'll have to grow a mullet.:D

lol, I don't think you're going to see too many people with mullets riding around in one of those.

Personally I think the Camaro looks a little strange, and that challenger just looks straight up gay.

Cliff
10-01-2006, 06:26 PM
http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

mrt0mjones
10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Blah, about a month before, who wants a mint 3kgt ;)

j/k.

looks like we are gunna have a buncha spoiled kids dieing when these cars come out.

:(

ISAtlanta300
10-02-2006, 02:03 PM
neither.. both look like shit.

They belong in the past and should stay there.

No innovation. No styling. NO nothing. Just a rehashed body with an engine. I am getting sick and tired of all these "retro's"

Retro... Retro.. We are going on 2007 !! If I wanted to see a "retro" body style I would go to a friggin museum.

No wonder the Japanese and Germans are gaining ground.

And yet we wonder "why aren't US automakers doing well?"

PS. but the Camaro is the one that looks better.

Cliff
10-02-2006, 02:41 PM
neither.. both look like shit.

They belong in the past and should stay there.

No innovation. No styling. NO nothing. Just a rehashed body with an engine. I am getting sick and tired of all these "retro's"

Retro... Retro.. We are going on 2007 !! If I wanted to see a "retro" body style I would go to a friggin museum.

No wonder the Japanese and Germans are gaining ground.

And yet we wonder "why aren't US automakers doing well?"

PS. but the Camaro is the one that looks better.

you're right...i bet Ford is pissed at how bad their retro mustangs are selling...and geeze....dodge is prolly irritated as hell that they can't sell a magnum, a charger, or a 300c i don't know what they are thinking doing a retro challenger or camaro.... :screwy:

ISAtlanta300
10-02-2006, 03:33 PM
you're right...i bet Ford is pissed at how bad their retro mustangs are selling...and geeze....dodge is prolly irritated as hell that they can't sell a magnum, a charger, or a 300c i don't know what they are thinking doing a retro challenger or camaro.... :screwy:

Yea prob. by the same people that trade in their 1996 Mustang for the new body style.

You actually telling me people with VW's GTI's, BMW 3's, STI's, Evo's etc are trading them in for Mustang GT's?

Just take a look at their used car lots. It is basically one big recycling bin.

Look, don't get me wrong or thing I am anti-US cars etc. I actually DIG the 300C and would even own one. I dig the Soltice. Heck. I would even dig a G6.

But they do NOT look like they did 50 years ago. They have fresh styling. Unique. They offer something to attract buyers. SOmething they could compare to a Japanese or Euro counterpart, like Soltice Vs. Miata. or 300C vs. Camry's Avalons.

I say enough is enough. Show some creativity, and design something nice. Even the last Camaro (before they went down) was unique. fresh. Why? They took an old concept and "improved" on it. I actually knew 3 friends that bought one. A V6, the Z28 AND a Teal T Top. I have yet to know someone who owns a charger or magnum. I actually wished they were not so focused on performance and dedicate a bit more time on innovation and style. It's like a movie. No matter how many remakes. The original is still better. You can add dolby 5.1, DTS and digital processing. But it can't match the "soul" of the classic. If I had a choice between a new "remade" charger or the original, I would take the original.

Cliff
10-02-2006, 03:41 PM
the thing is no matter how much you like the new stuff there will always be someone on the other side of the fence in love with retro...believe me dodge would not bring back the challenger unless they knew it was going to reach their sales goal...the only thing that sucks is even the $54k srt-8 chargers magnums and 300's all have leather seats but the door panels are all cheap plastic...that is the one part i wish DX would work on....they are doing great with the new exterior styling but the interiors are miserable

ISAtlanta300
10-02-2006, 04:26 PM
...believe me dodge would not bring back the challenger unless they knew it was going to reach their sales goal...

Trust me, I really hope they do otherwise I see trouble.

You can hardly differentiate between the charger and challenger anymore. They look very similar. Too similar. The only real difference would be to get the top performing model with the bells. However, people who buy cars based solely on performace is very, very small. Back then in the muscle car are, it worked. But times have changed. Not to mention the price on it would be = $$$ just look at the Shelby. Yes it can be the fastest car on the block. But very few people are willing or able to pay $40.000 markup on it.

ironchef
10-02-2006, 06:04 PM
the thing is no matter how much you like the new stuff there will always be someone on the other side of the fence in love with retro...believe me dodge would not bring back the challenger unless they knew it was going to reach their sales goal...the only thing that sucks is even the $54k srt-8 chargers magnums and 300's all have leather seats but the door panels are all cheap plastic...that is the one part i wish DX would work on....they are doing great with the new exterior styling but the interiors are miserable$54k? Where you getting that kind of price, i just configured a fully optioned srt8 charger and its not even $43k.

Cliff
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
the srt-8 300 is 54k sticker

Cliff
10-02-2006, 08:00 PM
the challenger is basically just the coupe that the charger should have been to begin with