PDA

View Full Version : tilte help

jimjam187
09-29-2006, 03:18 PM
I bought a car off e-bay paid by check. The seller told me that when the check cleared he would mail me a title. Check cleared, I got the title,funny thing is I had the car all of a week when I got the title and the motor blew. Well the motor problem was a nightmare in its self. The title is a whole nother story, I bought the car from people that lived in Alabama, I live in Georgia, the title wasnt even in the name of the people I bought the car from. It was in the name of the person they had bought it from which is a florida title! No big deal right, not! They had signed on the buyers line and the original owner was on the sellers line. So now I have a car that I cannot get a title on. I dont want to go the bonded route, n e 1 have any solutions????

dereksi
09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Ohh you mean TITLE. nope cant help you...lol

VTECin5th
09-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Damn that sucks, I kind of had the same problem only it was ODOMeter. They guy that sold me a accord wasn't on tittle at all, Same thing he bought the car from another person but the worst thing about it was the Odometer roll back. I did a carfax and I asked him if he did the roll back he said he didn't the previous owner might have. So the person I bought the car from had nothing to do with the car anymore. Soo yeah man those people you bought the car from don't have nothing to do with it. They knew the engine was probobly bad thats why they never listed their self on the tittle

sebastianHoff
09-29-2006, 04:49 PM
you need to get the people you bought it from to sign on the sellers line and then you sign on the buyers line. they dont have to register the car, there just needs to be a clear paper trail between the last person to register it and you, i.e. bill of sales and the like.

i4_garage
09-29-2006, 08:04 PM
u have to get the person name on the title to go get a Notarized letter saying that its was a mistake signing under the seller line....

atl530i
09-29-2006, 08:18 PM
That sucks. I would do what Vihn said or do the bond title. That is unfortunate that the motor blew and it'll be a good reason though to build up a better motor.

StupidBikerBoy
09-30-2006, 12:01 PM
All you need is to send it back and have them sign on the sellers line on the next transaction section. Then you sign it as the buyer and you'll be fine. Make sure you get a bill of sale.

jimjam187
10-01-2006, 05:38 PM
THese people i bought the car from have dropped of the face of the earth b/c the sold me a car with a blown motor. The phone # i had for them no one ever answers, and do not return my e-mails.