PDA

View Full Version : Okay Im Lost Now In My Ticket.

Crazy Asian
09-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Well I fought my ticket okay and my officer didnt show up but they called him. And well the solicitor just penciled me in a for Nov 16. Now I was talking to my buddy and he was like YOU IDIOT YOU COULD HAVE WON!!?? But Im like this is GA not CA. So my question could he do that or not...cuz Im hearing people getting out of ticket when the officer doesnt show up. Now Im pissed that I have to be rescheduled. So what the heck? This is in Alpharetta.

Ran
09-27-2006, 06:56 PM
No clue man. I've never heard of it being rescheduled like that. I would have fought it.

~The_Duke~
09-27-2006, 06:56 PM
damn that sucks...I have never heard of them reshuduling you after the officer doesnt show...

Crazy Asian
09-27-2006, 07:00 PM
YA Im going ...the hell? So Im gonna talk to someone down in Alpharetta. Shit this is weird.

~The_Duke~
09-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I know the officer that pulled you over doesnt have to be there in forsyth which is retarded...they have an officer that is assigned to represent the officer that pulled you over...I was like WTF that isnt the one that pulled me over...

I still need to call the socilitier and see if they will lower mine 2 mph so I dont have to come to court...

FatboyV8
09-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Thats bullshit if the officer wasnt there then their suposed to throw out the ticket. You should call a traffic lawyer ask them if you have a case.

Crazy Asian
09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
BAh GA is crazy. CA man they show up. They get suspened for a day without pay if they dont come and dont call. Never knew that.

Evil Goat
09-27-2006, 07:18 PM
not neccesarily true, i know in some cities this is true, but from what i understand in macon if the officer is already assigned to work on the day of your court date he may not be required to show, and therefore your date can be rescheduled, happened to a couple guys i work with who were pulled over in their work vehicles while following each other

koukis14
09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
I dont know about GA but in PA my buddy got out of 2 bad speeding tickets by calling the doctors office and telling them he was not feeling well the day before his court date so he had a doctors excuse and he would tell them he had the next day off of work so they would schedule his court day for the next day when the cop was working and could not show up. Of course this is a town with three cops. But I would think in any trial no matter how small if the prosecution doesnt show up the case is thrown out.