PDA

View Full Version : Misc Formatted

JUSHAVNFUN69
05-26-2005, 09:23 PM
How do I reformat a computer that has a win xp password that I forgot?

C22H19N3O4
05-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Are you the adminstrator for this PC or did you steal it?.....lol. There are several passwords related to Windows. If you are the admin for the PC you should have no problems.

JUSHAVNFUN69
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Are you the adminstrator for this PC or did you steal it?.....lol. There are several passwords related to Windows. If you are the admin for the PC you should have no problems.
man

i bought it from xX06ShawtyXx off here. i dont steal yo. help me out

C22H19N3O4
05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Which password are you talking about? The desktop log in? The systems admin password? How far can you get when you boot up?

C22H19N3O4
05-26-2005, 10:30 PM
You want to format the hard drive? So you want to lose all the data you have?

chrisdavis
05-26-2005, 10:37 PM
I use killdisk. Google it and download it. You can burn it to a disk or floppy. insert it and restart the computer, it will take you to a dos screen, select the drive you want to format, and type in erase-all-data and it takes care of the rest

jrobbins30041
05-26-2005, 10:45 PM
go into bios and select cd to start up first, then pout cd in, reboot and go from there.

JUSHAVNFUN69
05-27-2005, 04:53 PM
i reformatted but cant boot now . It wont let me in to bios b/c password protected as well. where can i locate a boot disk site.

keep asking for ntldr?

4dmin
05-27-2005, 09:43 PM
if bios is password protected than the only thing you can do is replace to cmos battery to erase the password...

but what do you need to get into bios if you are trying reformat? if you are trying to boot to cd try pressing f8 while starting up normally that takes you to safe mode but depending on the machine it may bring up a boot screen

JUSHAVNFUN69
05-30-2005, 10:43 AM
I got it going now. I did the cmos bios reset and reformatted erthang!!!! Preciate you guys help. :goodjob:

I need dvd decoders now. whats a good free site for decoder downloads! holla! :goodjob:

Pher
05-31-2005, 01:22 AM
You can download a program called VLC. Its a free media player that plays DVDs. You can also get MPC but I prefer VLC.

green91
05-31-2005, 02:43 PM
just throw in a bootable xp install cd. no need to get into bios unless the drive boot order wont boot from cd

JUSHAVNFUN69
05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
but it never worked. i kept getting NTLDR...ctrl+alt+delete to restart.

i downloaded boot disk online and from microsoft but those didnt work either.

i even installed HD into another computer and installed xp...reinstalled it to new computer and it still didnt run!! Once again it said "NTLDR...ctrl+alt+delete to restart" ha ha..i had to laugh on that one yo!

a bootable xp cd is the same as regular win xp disk right. correct me if im wrong!

just throw in a bootable xp install cd. no need to get into bios unless the drive boot order wont boot from cd

green91
05-31-2005, 05:26 PM
i think your drive boot order is wrong. you'll get a NTLDR error if you've formatted the drive and not reinstalled windows because its still calling NTLDR from the boot sector. go into your bios and check out your drive boot order... make sure the cd-rom is before the floppy and HD

JUSHAVNFUN69
05-31-2005, 07:38 PM
I watching too fast naw BABY

You can download a program called VLC. Its a free media player that plays DVDs. You can also get MPC but I prefer VLC.

JUSHAVNFUN69
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
i think your drive boot order is wrong. you'll get a NTLDR error if you've formatted the drive and not reinstalled windows because its still calling NTLDR from the boot sector. go into your bios and check out your drive boot order... make sure the cd-rom is before the floppy and HD

i put in my win xp disk, reset boot order and i get the same message.

i installed xp on it before i put it into new computer. it worked on the other computer but not the new one i put it in. i need some help