09-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Just released today

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06092603_sandiskextremelll.asp

The Golden Child
09-26-2006, 01:25 PM
kool ..

Spyder
09-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Its like everything else man... they will release these, then let them sit out there for abit.. then they will release a "high speed" version... that will sit, then a newer later greater version will come out. This technology has likely been developed for about 2-3 years and they are just now releasing it. I wish (and this will never happen) that companies would just skip all the BS they already have in the line to be produced and they would move right to the newest thing they have, basically skipping a generation or 2 of these products.. im not just talking about memory cards here.. its everything in general... Even more annoying is the fact that our technology is so far behind other markets it isnt even funny yet we think we are top shit.. small example of a product I deal with on a daily basis.. Phones, yep cell phones.. the average cell phone here in the states is just now getting to where it has a camera, most are 1-1.5 mp tops, in Japan they have 7-9 and its a common thing, not they arent SLR but they are really nice for being a camera phone.. phones here are just now developing GPS and such, in japan... yep they have had it for YEARS..

wow that ended up being a mini rant.. my bad lol.

TeeJay
09-26-2006, 04:20 PM
.. small example of a product I deal with on a daily basis.. Phones, yep cell phones.. the average cell phone here in the states is just now getting to where it has a camera, most are 1-1.5 mp tops, in Japan they have 7-9 and its a common thing, not they arent SLR but they are really nice for being a camera phone.. phones here are just now developing GPS and such, in japan... yep they have had it for YEARS..

actually you can get those high end phones here in the states, gsm unlocked, but no major carrier will have them because there is really no market for them because they would be so expensive...but there are plenty of legit websites you can buy those types of phones from. i used to have a Sharp 903 phone with a 3.2 mp cam, now im using the moto v3x with a 2mp. the other day i saw an LG phone with an 8mp :eek: it was like 600 bucks though lol. MOST ppl in the states wont spend 500+ on a cell phone, hell everybody seems to still be stuck on the first damn razr and its been out almost 3 yrs...why bring anything else out when ppl are still buying the fuck outta the old shit