PDA

View Full Version : CV axle problem???

JDMdelsol805
09-26-2006, 01:06 PM
changed my tranny and clutch yesterday, and we bolted everything up as needed, after putting my cv axles in, i decided to take it for a drive, and it started off great, but when it reached around 15 mph, it felt like it popped out of gear. i then looked down, in my engine bay, and my cv axles weren't all the way in, so we put the right side cv axle all the way in with my car on jack stands. i put the car in gear and my friend said that the cv axle we just put all the way in wasn't turning????? note: the crank side cv axle was not all the way in during this??? anyone have any idea what is going on or what i can do to fix my car????

BTEC
09-26-2006, 01:11 PM
SOUNDS LIKE U DIDNT PUT IT ALL THWAY IN. THERE ARE SNAP RINGS ON THE END ON THE AXE THAT KINDA LOCK IT INTO THE TRANNY AND U PROLLY JUST DIDNT POP IT ALL THE WAY IN.

SO U DROVE THE CAR IN GEAR ON JACKSTANDS WITH ONLY ONE AXLE IN THE TRANNY?

JDMdelsol805
09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
yeah my car was sitting on jack stands and i only had the flywheel side cv axle all the way in and the other side wasnt, and the cv that was all the way in didn't move???

SLow_POke
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
LOL sorry man .. kids dont try this at home

-Ernie

BTEC
09-26-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah my car was sitting on jack stands and i only had the flywheel side cv axle all the way in and the other side wasnt, and the cv that was all the way in didn't move???
i would just put both axles all the way in and drive the car and see what happenes. im pretty sure the passenger side axle shouldve turn when u had it up on the stands but im not 100 percent sure since u didnt have the other axle in.

ATLtech
09-26-2006, 05:41 PM
on an open diff vehicle, only one axle spins when the vehicle is in the air.