PDA

View Full Version : Del sol making wierd smell under the hood?????

JDMdelsol805
09-24-2006, 11:30 PM
today a buudy of mine and me put a stage 1 clutch and flywhel in my del sl as well as swaped the long geared cx tranny for the ex tranny. after installing everything and pulgging back up all of the sensors i decided to crank the car up and let it run. i thought well maybe i will take it for a ride really quick to see what the ex tranny will do to my car spped wise, but i then realized that the only thing i had fogot to do was blled the slave cylinder, so i just let the car runs instead of trying to drive it like an idiot. my clutch pedal was just sitting at the floor. i also put a power steering belt on my car which it hasnt had for about 6 months or so. but as i listened to my car run, i started to smell somthing that was almost like overheating, but i know it wasnt that, could smell somthing that i havent smelled before, didnt smell like overheating, clutch slipping, does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be? or if i did anything wrong? thanks

Evil Goat
09-25-2006, 12:39 AM
well this is almost as bad as the "weird noises" threads...except worse

only thing i can think of if everything seems to be installed correctly is maybe you spilled some fluid onto the exhaust and its getting burned off, still happens to this day on my wifes accord every time i change the oil....damn oil plug is directly above the exhaust

3kgtdrvr
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
hahaha he does have a very good point!

JDMdelsol805
09-26-2006, 08:38 AM
i figured it out, my dumbass got clutch fluid on the header when we were bleeding it and i didnt even think about it. lol long ass night. thanks for the help.

civicduty
09-26-2006, 03:58 PM
that well do it