PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Best Tires...

WhiteAccord
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
What are the best tires for ATLS weather that'll give you best traction but also last for a long ass time. Thanks to all advices.

The Yousef
09-23-2006, 02:24 PM
BF Goodrich KDW2...

babowc
09-23-2006, 11:13 PM
imo.. grippy tires =/= lasting tires.
grippy = hankook rs2s are nice..
lasting = any eco tire.

David88vert
09-24-2006, 07:45 AM
There is not a "best" tire.
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a performance tire. Some are, how heavy is the car, fwd/rwd/awd, hp of the car, type of driving, type of roads, road temperature, ambient temperature, et.c All of thes (and musch more) affect the decision of what compund and construction to use. In the end, it's all about getting a tire that is predictable. If you know exactly what the tire will do/when it will let go, you will have more confidence, and thus, will go faster.
Example: For my old 85 RX7, I had a track wet weight of 2560, and w/o the N20, rwhp was usually left at 156. Car was rwd, with an almost exact 50/50 ration. I ran 1.5 degrees, and car was mainly run in varying conditions (some wet/some dry), but always in warmer climates (no real winter conditions). After testing several tires and evaluating, I found that the Bridgestone S03's were the most predictable tire for me. I managed to put better lap times on those than any other street tire.
Converesly, these tires might or might not be the best choice for you and your car. You might feel more comfortable with Hankooks, Falkens, etc....

WhiteAccord
09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Preciate the comments/advices

d993s
09-30-2006, 05:52 PM
BF Goodrich KDW2...
Ditto.
The KDW2s are the absolute best all-around tires.
Good in the rain, great in the dry, they last long (300TW), and they don't cost very much.
Two cheaper alternatives would be the BFG G-Force Sport and the General Exclaim UHP (limited sizes).