PDA

View Full Version : Misc Books on Islam

Josh...
09-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok since there is so much talk of Islam in the news and even on IA, I would like someone to recommend a good book on the beliefs on Islam. I am coming in here to ask instead of just going to the book store b/c I don't want to read an extremist's views but more of the beliefs as a whole. I not much on reading books, by that I mean I don't read books at all, but I would like to know at least something of what I know nothing about. Any help would be appericated.

Hulud
09-22-2006, 05:31 PM
the Qur'an would be a good start :doh:

Josh...
09-22-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah, i was looking for something that i might be able to understand, and thats a lot of reading.

umairejaz
09-22-2006, 08:04 PM
The Quran is not as easy and straight forward as you may think. It’s a lot better to have a scholar who has studied it to help explain it along with the original verses.

And really never should the Quran be read in english alone. Meaning is lost through translation.... hence why the Quran is still in its original text in the Arabic language and has been promised by god that he himself will protect it in its original form.

They have yet to still find any changes from the original text by comparing all of the widely published Qurans.

AtifSajid
09-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Pm me man, I have some very good books that teach you the basic beliefs about Islam. To give you a good understanding about the real Islam.

{X}Echo419
09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
the Qur'an would be a good start :doh:
he said no "extremist" views.... :lmfao: j/k

...b/c I don't want to read an extremist's views but more of the beliefs as a whole....