PDA

View Full Version : Oil pan gasket leak

Integseeker04
09-20-2006, 08:10 PM
What is a good way of fixing it without taking it off and putting on a new gasket? I already tried oil additives, but that only worked for short period of time. Any ideas?

SLow_POke
09-20-2006, 08:19 PM
What is a good way of fixing it without taking it off and putting on a new gasket? I already tried oil additives, but that only worked for short period of time. Any ideas?

you NEVER just cover-up a problem bro . just fix it .

-Ernie

Hektik
09-20-2006, 08:19 PM
JB WELD

Integseeker04
09-20-2006, 09:05 PM
I understand that I should fix it the right way, but after taking it to the same place about 3 times, it still isn't fixed. It's annoying and I need to get rid of the small leak. Other than JB Weld, what else should I try.

green91
09-20-2006, 09:06 PM
replacing the gasket. duh.

3kgtdrvr
09-20-2006, 09:29 PM
take it to a GOOD shop lol no oil additive is gonna fix it, it just needs to be fixed so take it to a better shop...may i recomend K&R Auto
670 old norcross road, suite 400
lawrenceville, ga 30045
(770) 339-0202
mon-fri 8-6 and sat 9-3

GIXXERDK
09-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Its not hard to replace a gasket..

Danny
09-20-2006, 10:07 PM

If u have a honda, its piece of cake. I cant remember how many times I had the pan off my honda, takes about 15-30min, depending on how fast you are.

and dont listen to the guy that said JB weld, thats plain dumb. INless its a POS u dont care about.

bottom line, grab a shop manual for your car (if your not familiar with it), then just got at it. Like i said, hondas are cake man. good luck. gasket should be cheap.

Hektik
09-21-2006, 03:49 AM
the JB Weld comment was beint sarcastic I guess i would have worked better if u could here me lol my bad..

taking the gasket of is a peice of cake i mean u have to have like the mechanical inclanation of 1 its almost as easy as changing ur oil. buy the new gasket and put it on ur self and save some money easy as that.
if u still cant figure it out just ask someone from here to give u a hand ull be surpirsed to see how ,many people will actually help u out if u just ask.
either way G/L

Flip
09-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Replacing the gasket is really easy. Just one tip to remember or you'll be doing it again very soon. When you remove the old gasket, make sure you get off the two metal rings on either side of the gasket that begin in the gasket but after a while they will stick to the bottom of the block so when you pull the gasket off, they stay stuck to the block. Then when you put the new gasket on you have extra ones there making a gap between the oil pan and the block. Also try to get ahold of some hondabond but don't use too much since you don't want it gettin in your oil...

Integseeker04
09-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys. Any body with a the right tools feel like helping me?

dereksi
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
JB WELD
Lol

Danny
09-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks guys. Any body with a the right tools feel like helping me?

all u should need is sockets. maybe a couple other common tools that you should have.

green91
09-21-2006, 07:15 PM
PB blast the exhaust bolts about an hour before u plan on starting the job. removing the exhaust pipe between the manifold and the cat is the hardest part of the job. if your quick it could easily be done in less than an hour.