PDA

View Full Version : Misc Active X Problems

wantsanS14
09-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Ok, so my a my friend just but this used computer, and its flash player its outdated. when i go and try to download a newer version the dowload never starts and i get this message saying that the activeX controls dont allow the page to run properly, i've already set the security settings to the lowest and it still doesnt work then and went into the custom settings and enabled all activeX controls but still nothing.

ne one know what is causing this and how i can fix it.

Allshow97
09-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Ok, so my a my friend just but this used computer, and its flash player its outdated. when i go and try to download a newer version the dowload never starts and i get this message saying that the activeX controls dont allow the page to run properly, i've already set the security settings to the lowest and it still doesnt work then and went into the custom settings and enabled all activeX controls but still nothing.

ne one know what is causing this and how i can fix it.

You may have some sort of spyware and or a virus not allowing the proper display of webpages with active content. I would advise getting some sort of spyware software and doing a scan, then try to access the Adobe site again. Some good software I can recommend would be Ewido Anti-Malware.

http://www.ewido.net/en