PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE ON VW JETTA

u_like_me
09-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Ok.... Get this. I got up this morning to go to dialysis and it was chilly outside so I used my seat heater in my 04' VW Jetta 1.8T. I turned it off when I arrived and when I left it was still chilly outside so I turned it back on. I was on my way home and I smell this really awful burning smell. I had my windows down a little for fresh air so I figured it was coming from outside. Then I keep feeling this stinging feeling on my ass and leg, so I look down and all I see is a hole with smoke coming out. At first I had no clue what it was but I knew I had to put it out so I locked the car down in the middle of the 2 lane I was on, jumped out and poured my coke on the spot burning. (Really sucked) I realized it was the seat heater so I instantly turned it off. I took an ice cube and held it on the spot for a minute or so until it stopped smoking. Within the 2 or 3 minutes I had been stopped the traffic had already backed up atleast 8 car lengths. I had my hazards on but I was still so damn scared and felt like an idiot.
Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, can you please tell me what the heck I need to do besides not use the seat heater...:no: Any help would be greatly appreciated..

O, I checked for recalls and there were none for my car but there were a few Technical Bulletins. It states the difference in a recall and a technical bulletin is a recall is something that is more severe. Um..... My ass was on fire, how much more severe does it have to get before it ends up turning into something really bad????

Thank you for any help or comments......
Michelle

Spyder
09-20-2006, 03:31 PM
only one thread on a subject at a time for you ;)

B16a2 Civic
09-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Lol, ass on fire