PDA

View Full Version : AC question

JDMBeau
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
alright so when i did my swap i undid my AC lines

now im selling my car and i gotta put the ac back on for the new buyer.

now there has been nothing in the system for about 4 months, i have oil and 4 cans of R134a. the system will be completly vaccumed and all that.

do i have to worry about the AC compressor going bad. i dont want to do all this and it end up being bad. i know it wont cut on if there is no pressure in the lines, so do i have to worry?

also is there a way to take it off the car and check to make sure its good, like engage the clutch and spin it or something

3kgtdrvr
09-20-2006, 07:09 PM
did u have something covering the fittings so dirt and stuff didnt get in? u can bench test the clutch or jump the relay to engage the clutch but that wont tell u if the compressor is good. now that its been open ur also gonna have to replace the receiver drier or accumulator too.

i4_garage
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
here is how u can test ur compressor....take it off...lol....irnoic isn;t it...then stick two fingers into the two holes and spin the pulley as fast as u can .... if u can feel pressure than its good..if not than it bad

3kgtdrvr
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
^the compressor could still be bad, plus the clutch has to be engaged or the pulley itself will just spin

i4_garage
09-21-2006, 07:13 AM
just do it....works for me all the time.....lol....

civicduty
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I havent had any problems with storing compressor that
I have took off and the reuse them again. Long as you had the holes pluged off you should be ok.