PDA

View Full Version : Andretti Karting allows RIMO karts on circle track-drift

Rhoad Racing
09-19-2006, 04:47 PM
For those of you who have been to Andretti Karting and taking the Sprint Cars out on the circle track.... the driftability of them is straight up lame. They are slow, heavy and just not that fun.
So as of Tomorrow (Sept 20th) Andretti is allowing everyone to take the RIMO karts out on the oval track for some slide action. Let me assure you.... its a ton of fun, especially when you and three others are diving into the corner sideways all at the same time.
"Drift nights" are only on Weds and Sundays.... all day long. The cost remains the same as a road course race and/or Sprint car race; $20. And up to 4 karts are allowed on the circle track at a time. If there is a good response, Andretti will be hosting a small compitition with a cash purse and prizes.

If you guys are up for it.. let me know. I'll be Andretti tomorrow night.
I'll try to get some video up asap.

http://www.andrettikarting.com

RIMO Kart
http://www.andrettikarting.com/images/stories/PublicGallery/Karts%2008.JPG

Sprint Kart
http://www.andrettikarting.com/images/stories/Karts/sprintcart.jpg

The BUCKY
09-19-2006, 04:58 PM
thats pretty awesome

Jigoku Z
09-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Those Rimo karts are slow as hell.. they bearly clocks 26mph... I used to race in the league at AK... but sick and tired of the karts not running what they advertised... and all the karts aren't well kept...

Rhoad Racing
09-19-2006, 10:00 PM
GA prohibits "community" karts exceeding 26mph. The RIMOs are governed to 24mph. However, we will be ungoverning them for this particular event.

Rhoad Racing
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
took some vids of us screwing around tonight.
Sorry for the shakey camera with the "on-board". I was hand holding the camera.

http://www.studiorhoad.com/vids/andretti_driftkarts.wmv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c32OmrUMHZw

green91
09-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Will they be doing the drift oval this sunday? Same cost as a normal run.. ? time?

Rhoad Racing
09-21-2006, 11:13 PM
yep... every Weds and Sunday. Come on out ... I"ll be there pretty much all day.

about a dozen of us went Weds night and had an abosolute blast!! 4-5 karts deep, completely sidesways within inches of one another. Ask anyone that went... its well worth the money.

green91
09-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Awesome, ive driven their road course a few times and the karts diddnt have the power to slide through the turns so im looking forward to being on some stronger karts

Hektik
09-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Damn that looks like fun i might have to try and make it out to one of these

slowrolla97
09-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Hell yeah it is fun. I just started working there so i get to play around a lil bit and it is a blast. I incorage anyone and everyone to come out and play. I will be there this sunday.

Rhoad Racing
09-30-2006, 12:11 PM
i might be there on Sunday as well. Not sure when though.

Dominic49
10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I'll be bringing the camera mount for some onboard action....

Rhoad Racing
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
sorry fellas, couldn't make it. Im still in VA.

Dominic.. .just FYI. The Andretti Track supervisor is reallyyy picky about cameras on the track (for insurance reasons). Not saying you shouldn't take a camerea, just be weary of the track supervisor. He's a tall, lanky, shaved-head guy. And a striaght up dickhead.

Tracy
10-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I love it. Wish it cost less! Talk to them Chris! Tell them how poor drifters are!

Rhoad Racing
10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
haha... werd. Ive tried to tell them that its too pricey, but they didn't care. As long as they are filling up the schedule every night (which they are) don't expect the prices to drop.

CodyW
10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
you gonna be there tomorrow chris? i still wanna make it, however the drive from down here sorta sucks...if a good crowd is gonna be there i'll try my best to show up.

Rhoad Racing
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
nope.. unfortunently not. Im in VA now and will be in SC all weekend. As of right now, Im not sure when I'll be able to make it up there. I'll certainly let you know though.

Dominic49
10-03-2006, 11:47 PM
sorry fellas, couldn't make it. Im still in VA.

Dominic.. .just FYI. The Andretti Track supervisor is reallyyy picky about cameras on the track (for insurance reasons). Not saying you shouldn't take a camerea, just be weary of the track supervisor. He's a tall, lanky, shaved-head guy. And a striaght up dickhead.

I got some ninja style pictures.... I'll have them up in a lil bit...

lemansz
11-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Those Rimo karts are slow as hell.. they bearly clocks 26mph... I used to race in the league at AK... but sick and tired of the karts not running what they advertised... and all the karts aren't well kept...

haha thats why you pick out one of them with good tires and then turn the govener screw on it.. while everyone is gettin bucleked in

if you drive it a couple of times and turn the screw a little each time.. you will be rockin and rollin in no time!

thats how scubasteve set or aquadude whoever set the records...

Rhoad Racing
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
haha thats why you pick out one of them with good tires and then turn the govener screw on it.. while everyone is gettin bucleked in

if you drive it a couple of times and turn the screw a little each time.. you will be rockin and rollin in no time!

thats how scubasteve set or aquadude whoever set the records...
you're right, but don't let the track officials see you doing it. They'll toss you without hesitation.. And as an x-track lead, I can assure you that the track staff has a keen eye for spotting that stuff.

But since I don't work there anymore :D.......
there's an easier way to get more power without unscrewing the gov. With your right hand, reach under the plastic engine cover infront of the gov screw. There's a thin, metal rod about 6" long there. Lightly push that rod towards the front of the kart.... this will by pass the gov.
But you didn't hear that from me ;)