PDA

View Full Version : Yay!

Kristi
05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I got my window replaced!!! YAY! They came out to my house today and replaced it. Woo Hoo - now all I have to get done is the tint on that window and we are good to go!

Just thought I would share my excitement.

For those who don't know what happened - I was driving home from work yesterday and heard a big bang and then heard my window shatter. I look over and see the whole thing shattered but being held in by the tint. This was my drivers side back roll down window. At first I thought a bullet or something hit it by the big bang I heard right before it hit - but it doesn't look like a bullet hole.

Anywho - its fixed now. YAY :tongue:

B16a2 Civic
05-25-2005, 03:48 PM
did you find out what it was?

Kristi
05-25-2005, 03:50 PM
nope - james and my mom think it was a rock - but i'm not so sure

HyPer50
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
I got my window replaced!!! YAY! They came out to my house today and replaced it. Woo Hoo - now all I have to get done is the tint on that window and we are good to go!

Just thought I would share my excitement.

For those who don't know what happened - I was driving home from work yesterday and heard a big bang and then heard my window shatter. I look over and see the whole thing shattered but being held in by the tint. This was my drivers side back roll down window. At first I thought a bullet or something hit it by the big bang I heard right before it hit - but it doesn't look like a bullet hole.

Anywho - its fixed now. YAY :tongue:

If some of those semi's with the retread tires on have a blowout (happens alot) it will sound like a gunshot, and it could bust a window... I wouldn't neccesarily think it was a bullet.

B16a2 Civic
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
i think it was those 5 audiobahn 12's inch speakers you got in the trunk, you shouldn't turn it up loud again, especially with a 5,000 watt amp....c'mon....but hyper's hypothosis sounds better then mine

Kristi
05-25-2005, 03:57 PM
nah - i was on sugarloaf right before highway 20 - so no semi's and there weren't any cars in front of me or on the other side of the road - just behind me. i don't know what it was, my first instinct tho was a bullet, just because of the sound. but i don't know what it was.

Jaimecbr900
05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Sounds like some kids probably shot at you with a BB gun from the woods. Windows don't just shatter like that for no reason at all. Probably some kids shooting at cars passing by and they got lucky and shot your window.

BTW, did Collins mention to you that I saw him on 124 the other night???

The Yousef
05-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Sounds like some kids probably shot at you with a BB gun from the woods. Windows don't just shatter like that for no reason at all. Probably some kids shooting at cars passing by and they got lucky and shot your window.

yeah makes sense...schools out...therefore the retards out.....

eViLMunkey
05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Fun fun fun... cAN i break it now...

Kristi
05-26-2005, 10:10 AM

that is what i figured. damn kids! they cost me $200! actually my mom paid for it since she paid for Heather's back window. gotta love mom's!

yea, james did mention to me that he saw you, i wish i'd been with him to see your car

Kevykev
05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
coo

Jaimecbr900
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
yea, james did mention to me that he saw you, i wish i'd been with him to see your car

Oh, it wasn't like that. I was headed home from my mother-in-laws house in Dacula. I just saw these lights making their way up to me on 124. I figured it was some kid wanting to race or something (I get those on a daily basis for some reason :rolleyes: ). Then when he came up beside me, I noticed it was him and not some punk kids.

I thought that was him. I would've pulled over and chatted, but the wife and kids were ready to get home already. Maybe next time. :goodjob:

B16a2 Civic
05-26-2005, 12:12 PM
hey jaime, do you have a link to your car or anything, i only seen a few pics of it

speedracer41
05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
It could have been anything hitting the window, but the pressure regulation between outside and inside was probably the bang you heard. I've been there!

Kristi
05-26-2005, 02:42 PM
yea jaime, i understand that. i have a stock car - but people try to mess with me all the time. dunno why. but i still wanna see your car close up and stuff.

Jaimecbr900
05-27-2005, 12:38 AM
hey jaime, do you have a link to your car or anything, i only seen a few pics of it

There are more to come, but this a sample of some:

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=8225

Jaimecbr900
05-27-2005, 12:39 AM
yea jaime, i understand that. i have a stock car - but people try to mess with me all the time. dunno why. but i still wanna see your car close up and stuff.

Nopi booth at HIN. Come by and introduce yourself.

Kristi
05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
i will! james and i will be there and i will come check out your car - from those pics - it looks HOTT!