PDA

View Full Version : Failure or Success, You Decide

TheSnail
09-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Okay here is the poll. Tomorrow, I have the second part of my calculus 2 test. Today I had the first, in which I studied for a week only to fuck it all up on test day. I studied the 2nd part for about 2-3hrs covering 1/3rd of the material. I planned on studying all today, but I failed miserably on the first part even though I spent over 50hrs on it. So I lost hope in passing the 2nd part by “knowing the material” so Im not going to waste my time trying to learn it. The good news is this teacher unlike my previous two calc2 teachers (yes its my 3rd time) has multiple choice. So my plan for tomorrow, is to mark the correct answer without read the problem. How this works is, I look for what numbers or forum or sign that is used the most. Then narrow it down to only one answer. Basically if 3 out of 4 answers have a 1/8th infront of the integral then I would pick one with 1/8th, then if 2 out of 3 have a square root of U then I will pick one of those two. Then I look at the one without a square root to see what sign it is and pick the one of the two with a square root with the same sign. So basically this poll is to see who will be able to predict my test score in 20point intervals. Who ever votes in the correct interval once I recive back my grade will get a +1. Wish me luck

MongolPup
09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
No offense, but that sounds like a terrible idea.

RandomGuy
aderol ftw

~The_Duke~
I am going to guess that you do ok, on the test 60-80 :goodjob:

TheSnail
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
No offense, but that sounds like a terrible idea.

ITS MY ONLY OPTION! I HAVE STARTED DRINKING AND ITS TOO LATE TO TURN AROUND NOW!

RandomGuy
09-18-2006, 10:13 PM
shit man u'll be ok... i got a 89 on a cell biology/chemistry test i barely studied for a few days ago... i just fell asleep with the book in my lap... when on a normal day i'd be whoring IA til 5AM... but as soon as i see the book i just doze off into sleepyland

TheSnail
09-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I am going to guess that you do ok, on the test 60-80 :goodjob:

Thanks

And RG, what is this adarol you speak of?

TheSnail
09-18-2006, 10:17 PM
shit man u'll be ok... i got a 89 on a biology test i barely studied for... i just fell asleep with the book in my lap... when on a normal day i'd be whoring IA til 5AM... but as soon as i see the book i just doze off into sleepyland

You must understand that I do great in other classes, but I cant grasp calculus. It took me 4times to pass calc1 with a C, and Im on my 3rd time in calc 2 not because I dont study but because I dont grasp something I dont apply.

LiL PaKi
09-18-2006, 10:34 PM
hey we are on the same boat.. i have a Fed. Income Tax Exam in the mornin... i can't study.. i was at Nopi all weekend... and yea.. i'm sooo gonna fail... wait a minute.. i just f'in realized something.. mannnnnn it's ONLY part1 of the exam tomorrow.. fuckkk there is still a part 2 on thursday shyttttttttt d,fjsdgksfghfdghfhgd

edit: i have 2/4 chapters read.

ironchef
09-18-2006, 10:41 PM
You must understand that I do great in other classes, but I cant grasp calculus. It took me 4times to pass calc1 with a C, and Im on my 3rd time in calc 2 not because I dont study but because I dont grasp something I dont apply.I sorta had that problem. I aced calc in high school, took it once in college got a d, and now im retaking it again. And so far im owning, but this time around just like in high school, I actually have a good teacher. I think that makes a big difference even if you never apply what you learn to real life. I know i never do anything with derivatives or integrals outside of class.

RandomGuy
09-18-2006, 10:41 PM
You must understand that I do great in other classes, but I cant grasp calculus. It took me 4times to pass calc1 with a C, and Im on my 3rd time in calc 2 not because I dont study but because I dont grasp something I dont apply.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall#Performance-enhancing_use_and_abuse

ahmonrah
09-18-2006, 10:44 PM
random, are you offering him a suggestionn??

RandomGuy
09-18-2006, 10:52 PM
random, are you offering him a suggestionn??...

ironchef
09-18-2006, 10:53 PM
You are one disgusting motherfucker hahaha.

TheSnail
09-18-2006, 11:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall#Performance-enhancing_use_and_abuse

I think I took one of those back in the rolling days. But maybe I should give it a shot since right now I spend my class period drawing circles that resemble clocks, then draw in a new minute hand whenever I check the time.

devinwebb907
09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
can u change my vote from 80-100 to 40-60....i really dont wanna vote for that. and count my rep vote on that too :]

TheSnail
09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Thats fucked up.

TheSnail
09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
+1 for your honest guesstimation though :).

ahmonrah
09-19-2006, 03:50 AM
...oh lord.....i will do no such thing!! it'll get stuck in my goatee...

IndianStig
09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Calculus is a bitch, I have a midterm coming up in a week or two. I feel the same way with Government as you do with Calc, try and sit down and study for it, then I'm just like, "fuck this"

imma call you getting a 70+, crunchtime makes people pull off crazy stff

Ran
09-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I saw 40-60. Not saying you're dumb, but Calc is a b*tch and I suck at math.

Crazy Asian
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
^ Wait arent you asian?Either way Wow...an asian failing math is like a black guy with a small dick. How many do you see of those?

TheSnail
09-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok well it was 13problems. I knew one of them and almost knew another one. So thats like at least a 10. For the other 11problems I used my deciphering method, and it only took about 30min. I was the first one to be finished with the test because I didnt have to solve any problems. If I was to predict what I got, I would say my deciphering method was at least 50% correct + the 1.5 problems I got correct. So I would say I got a 55 and up, but Im pretty sure we get test back tomorrow, so we'll see.

GIXXERDK
09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
lol my teacher wouldnt accept it w/o any work, even if its multiple choice.

RandomGuy
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Ok well it was 13problems. I knew one of them and almost knew another one. So thats like at least a 10. For the other 11problems I used my deciphering method, and it only took about 30min. I was the first one to be finished with the test because I didnt have to solve any problems. If I was to predict what I got, I would say my deciphering method was at least 50% correct + the 1.5 problems I got correct. So I would say I got a 55 and up, but Im pretty sure we get test back tomorrow, so we'll see.
LIRL... I HAVE THE SAME DECIPHERING METHOD LOL

haha its like a little more skilled than randomly guessing.

its pretty pimp actually

i once got a 80 on a test i should have gotten like a 50 on hahaha ;)

TheSnail
09-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah its like psychological answering lol. But when I was doing the test with my deciphering method, it resulted at one point 4 answer D's in a row which made me worry, but I wasnt about to get psychologicalized out of my psychological answers.

Ran
09-21-2006, 09:28 AM
^ Wait arent you asian?Either way Wow...an asian failing math is like a black guy with a small dick. How many do you see of those? :lmfao: Screw you man. I'm half Asian so I'm allowed to be dumb when it comes to math and science. :D

TheSnail
09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I got my test back today, and about shat my self. Looks like my deciphering method was on point. The first part that I spent 50hrs studying for that I thought I failed because I had to decipher 90% of the answers, I got a 10 out of 13 question correct, which is a 77. The second part (which is the one this poll is about) I did not know how to do any of the questions and went in to take the test, only depending on deciphering the answers. Well it turns out the deciphering method was on point again as I got a 9 out 12 questions correct which is a 75. My test total score was a 76 and he gave a 8point curve so my dumbass got an 84 by guessing answers lol. That is the best score I have ever received in calc2, and that 84 made my day the best day ever!

So, +1 to all who had marked "60-80" as I got a 75.

60-80 people (2kaccord, 5thgcelica, ahmonrah, fastboyamin, Hektik, rickgiblin, Samurai J, {X}Echo419, ~The_Duke~)

TheSnail
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
k, got everyone except:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hektik again.

imbosile
09-22-2006, 12:20 PM
nice job, i would be pumped if i got a C on any calc II work. calc II is raping me right now...

TeeJay
09-22-2006, 06:03 PM
congrats