PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki SV650S

Eli
05-25-2005, 11:44 AM
I see everyone on here really loves these bikes... been pushing them pretty hard to people look at getting a 600cc bike.

Any particular reasons? Read some reviews and everyone said its just such a great bike, etc.

WOW has a 2002 with 3k miles with the asking price of 4,170.00. Also found an 03 in Conyers at a dealer with 1k miles for asking price of 4,500. What do yall think of these prices? Bikes are only 6,449.00 new MSRP from suzuki.com.

I just cant decide if i like the look enough.. i like it, but i kinda wanted something a little more aggressive looking (might not be the right word). The one from WOW has the lower fairing kit but the 03 from Conyers doesnt (naked). Both are silver btw.

chuck
05-25-2005, 12:36 PM
stay away from WOW unless you have the bike inspected before you pay a dime for it, they have been known to sell a lot of crap and target first time buyers.

you may also want to look at the yzf600r....not the R6, they are different...but they look somewhat sporty, are "easy" to handle and are very comfortable...i had one for my second bike, it was a 2002 in PERFECT factory condition and I got it for $4100...you could probably find a late 90's or early 00's one in your price range. very comfortable for riding two up as well.

they haven't changed anything but the stickers in quite a while:

2005:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/mcy/500/05_yzf600r_blu_4_3528.jpg

1997:
http://dodrt.dod.no/006/images/yzf600.jpg

Eli
05-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks Chuck. I would have my step-dad and dad both look and ride any bike before I purchased (both bikers, just from the Harley world) and a neighbor of ours is into sport bikes and would be able to help us.

The other place where the 03 is located is called ValuCycle in Conyers...

THe one at WOW seems real nice tho, its the 02 (which i like cause its analog gauges, 03 has a digital speedometer which honestly i dont like) and the one at WOW has lower fairings...

Got an insurance quote on the 02 SV650S (thru progressive) and its $504 for 12 months..aka like $40 a month! Hell yeah! LOL

Cliff
05-25-2005, 04:16 PM
valucycle is an ok dealership...they will sell anything also so make sure you have it very closely inspected...i still suggest goin and wanderin around mountain adventures one day

chuck
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
eli, i would also get coverage against uninsured motorists...its a little more but at least you wouldn't be totally fucked if some idiot with no insurance sent you to the ER.