PDA

View Full Version : Misc Help...w/ IBM NetVista All-In-One

'chell
09-16-2006, 08:37 PM
I picked up this IBM NetVista All-In-One worked fine for a little while and now
it won't boot up...it just automatically goes to a screen "we apolpogize for the..." "if you got here by error...." then gives me different start up mode options.

I have tried all of them and it will either just start re-booting again all over or occasionally start up the Windows XP for 30 secs. or so and shut down and start all over???????????????????????? :thinking:

Anybody now anything about these things? I read on their website about
critical BIOS updates???? Not sure, but pretty sure this has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance for any info... Michelle

Deaf Pimp
09-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Sounds like you might have some sort of driver/software conflict. Either that or you hard drive is going bad.

Also, try unplugging all devices except for the mouse and keyboard and see if it boots up. I've seen some occasions where other devices hooked on the computer during boot up cause issues.

'chell
09-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Sounds like you might have some sort of driver/software conflict. Either that or you hard drive is going bad.

Also, try unplugging all devices except for the mouse and keyboard and see if it boots up. I've seen some occasions where other devices hooked on the computer during boot up cause issues.

Yeah, i have tried 2 different hard drives that i know are good, no luck.

Also tried unhooking everything, when it starts to boot, asks for keyboard, when i attach it and hit enter, the process starts all over.

Thanks for the help though, if I can't figure it out I guess I will have to take it in somewhere... :(

Allshow97
09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
What error exactly are you getting? If it isn't detecting any hard drives then it sounds like you have an IDE controller error. I would try swapping 40pin cables make sure jumper settings are correct. If that doesn't work then like i said it maybe a problem with the actual controller itself.

'chell
09-19-2006, 12:15 PM
The error is "we apologize fore the inconvenience, But Windows did not start successfully, recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stope responding, restarted unexpectedly, pick the configuration that last worked properly.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode w/Networking
Safe Mode w/Computer Prompts

Last known configuration that worked properly"

Does anyone have a shop or know of someone who has one that I can drop it off????

Allshow97
09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok what it sounds like is that you need a windows repair. I am assuming you are running windows XP. So what you need to do is follow the following directions from this forum. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then i recommend taking it to a shop.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

-Allshow97

'chell
09-19-2006, 01:29 PM
i will give it a try, thanks, i will let ya know how it turns out...:???:
Ok what it sounds like is that you need a windows repair. I am assuming you are running windows XP. So what you need to do is follow the following directions from this forum. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then i recommend taking it to a shop.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

-Allshow97

hemi
09-19-2006, 01:39 PM
I say we take yours, put it next to mine, and pour a whole can of gas on them...

computers psht, who needs em.

'chell
09-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I say we take yours, put it next to mine, and pour a whole can of gas on them...computers psht, who needs em.

sounds good, your grill or mine??? We can have a marshmellow roast...:goodjob: