PDA

View Full Version : Bad Seller: Skinny

seiledt
09-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Sold me an ac compressor he said worked great. Compressor is bad and he will not respond to any means of trying to contact him. I have given him over two weeks to respond.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-16-2006, 03:02 PM
oh shit..

and he's an OG......

plz explain skinny..

aaronfelipe
09-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Just FYI, he lost his cellphone. He IS a straight seller.

mccoy1178
09-16-2006, 06:40 PM
skinny is a good guy. he'll take care of it man.
Mccoy

green91
09-16-2006, 06:47 PM
How do you know its bad?

thinkskater
09-16-2006, 07:02 PM
nah , skinny is the shit , very good guy to work with.

aaronfelipe
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
nah , skinny is the shit , very good guy to work with.
X2

2.0civic
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
How do you know its bad?

Wandering the same...Heard nothing but good things about skinny

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-16-2006, 08:20 PM
x3

thats why I'm suprised

LQQKITZME
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Wandering the same...Heard nothing but good things about skinny

He has been a long time friend if its wrong he will fix it...

uproot
09-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Skinny's the man.

definitely a good seller.

Flip
09-16-2006, 10:05 PM
x3

thats why I'm suprised

X4... he'll fix it up...

HalfBaked
09-16-2006, 10:36 PM
x5.

I've never met him or talked to him, but apparently he will fix it.

uproot
09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
x5.

I've never met him or talked to him, but apparently he will fix it.

lol.

OG-Skinny
09-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Here's what's happened the past 3 weeks for me. ..

I've moved, so no intrenet.
I check the net @ work but pop-ups are blocked so i have no idea who has sent me pm's (until today obviously cuz i have the net back)
I'm starting school
I work 2 jobs.

And since you already gave me negative feedback I'll let everyone know that i sold you a working a/c compressor FROM NAD AUTO w/ warrenty on it. I told you that when you picked it up. I also know that you got it from me more than a month ago. so, i dunno from what you did with it in the past month.

If i had money to give back to you I would, but i'm already a bad seller (since this is a thread about me).

Who thinks i should give back $60 for a part i sold more than 30 days before this guy ever put it on?

2.0civic
09-17-2006, 12:57 AM
My question is DID it work when he got it?? if so, ill delete this thread

OG-Skinny
09-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Yes it worked. I don't sell stuff that doesn't work. as you can see from other peoples reponses. and read what i put. I sold it to him on like, the 8th of august. and it took him like, 3 weeks to put it on.

how do i know he oiled it? How do i know he didn't damage it? I took it off cuz my gf at the time paid for a BRAND new one two days after i had put the one in question on. it worked great for those two days. then like I said, my gf didn't want to have another a/c compressor go out, so she bought me a brand new one.

2.0civic
09-17-2006, 12:59 AM
and if its warrantied, whats the big fucking deal? Was it just a compressor or more?

OG-Skinny
09-17-2006, 01:01 AM
no, just a compressor, but i'm sure the warrenty is already out. it was like a 30 day warrenty or something like that, and i took me 2 weeks after i bought it to put it on.

2.0civic
09-17-2006, 01:03 AM
personally, weve only met once and i think other than just posting "compressor doesnt work blah blah" and seeing everyone elses responses, im locking this for now until he wants to tell his side

Thread creator, whever you want to add more to your story, PM me, Rutroe, aaronfelipe, mongolpup, or a admin.

2.0civic
09-17-2006, 01:08 AM
reopened. im probably going to sleep in a bit but i will delete this when i get up if the situation still isnt resolved

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-17-2006, 07:11 AM
damn, so he did cover his bases...

:goodjob:

LQQKITZME
09-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Sold me an ac compressor he said worked great. Compressor is bad and he will not respond to any means of trying to contact him. I have given him over two weeks to respond.

Well here is a little insight about this seller he sells me a old rwd celica saying it only needs a gas tank <couldn't hear it run very long staring fluid>. It was cheap so i bought it thinking gas tanks are 50 - 100 bucks , but he sales me a car with Knocking engine, Bad rearend. we didn't have this forum at the time and I never said anything. So after buying it paying 150 for towing from woodstock to buford, spending some money on it trying to fix it I lost money cause all i had was a basic shell <bad engine> so i had to sell it for less then I paid for it not counting the towing I got screwed on that deal way more then 60 bucks

Lee

seiledt
09-17-2006, 03:50 PM
When I got it I just checked to make sure the wheel spun, but did not check the clutch. Took it to my buddy's shop and whas ready to install it and he told me the clutch was locked up and showed me.

I did nothing with it, I mean the hoses are still connected where you cut it out of your car. I am not trying to be an ass, but for two weeks I have been trying and trying to get in touch with you and no response.

I don't expect anything back, but just want others to know he sold me a bad compressor. You can deny it or whatever, but why would I lie?????

seiledt
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Well here is a little insight about this seller he sells me a old rwd celica saying it only needs a gas tank <couldn't hear it run very long staring fluid>. It was cheap so i bought it thinking gas tanks are 50 - 100 bucks , but he sales me a car with Knocking engine, Bad rearend. we didn't have this forum at the time and I never said anything. So after buying it paying 150 for towing from woodstock to buford, spending some money on it trying to fix it I lost money cause all i had was a basic shell <bad engine> so i had to sell it for less then I paid for it not counting the towing I got screwed on that deal way more then 60 bucks

Lee

I have talked to about this since then. You payed what like $300 for the shell?? You knew the car didn't run, I mean you had to tow it right? I never said the gas tanks was bad, but I mentioned that I thought one problem was the fuel pump. Other than that I made no claims. And let me quote you "A shell in this shape is well worth the asking price!"

I even called you a month or two later to see how it turned out! If you did have problems maybe you should have contacted me. If you were pissed I would have told you to give me the car back and I'd give you the money back.

2.0civic
09-17-2006, 07:02 PM
so the thread just turned back around on the creator, LIRL. So when did you check out the compressor?? all nad parts from what i hear have a warranty....

seiledt
09-17-2006, 07:21 PM
so the thread just turned back around on the creator, LIRL. So when did you check out the compressor?? all nad parts from what i hear have a warranty....

What does it matter if NAD warranties parts? That doesn't effect me in any manner. I didn't buy it from NAD.

The bottom line is that he sold me a compressor he said was in working order and it was not. He also did not respond to my attempts to contact him.

2.0civic
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
What does it matter if NAD warranties parts? That doesn't effect me in any manner. I didn't buy it from NAD.

The bottom line is that he sold me a compressor he said was in working order and it was not. He also did not respond to my attempts to contact him.

Nad warrantied parts=free replacement and no bitching...

bottom line NOW is skinny responded OPENLY, explained circumstances, and is a stand up guy...Everyone knows that. So when you come on accusing a good known seller here of ripping you off, you need to bring more to it than "bad compressor".

What are YOU looking to gain out of this??

EDIT: the most Ironic thing is, you are accusing a bad seller and then someone comes and accuses you of being a bad seller so your legitimacy here is already compromised

seiledt
09-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Nad warrantied parts=free replacement and no bitching...

bottom line NOW is skinny responded OPENLY, explained circumstances, and is a stand up guy...Everyone knows that. So when you come on accusing a good known seller here of ripping you off, you need to bring more to it than "bad compressor".

What are YOU looking to gain out of this??

EDIT: the most Ironic thing is, you are accusing a bad seller and then someone comes and accuses you of being a bad seller so your legitimacy here is already compromised

NAD is not going to replace a part for me that I bought from someone else.
The compressor was bad, oh well I can handle that. Just wish he would have responded to my attempts to contact him. I think others should know the problems I had.

As far as me being a bad seller, he should have attempted to contact me and I would have returned his money. But he never tried to contact me as he stated, so why is my legitimacy compromised? He only paid $300 for clean ass shell.

green91
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
So youre trying to justify lying about the condition of the engine?

Vteckidd
09-17-2006, 10:29 PM
SKINNY a bad seller? thats like saying Carrot tOP isnt annoying.

bump for skinny, if it were me, i wouldnt give him any money back, 30 days is too long. SOLD AS IS

silversol
09-17-2006, 10:30 PM
ook it to my buddy's shop and whas ready to install it and he told me the clutch was locked up and showed me.
who can he tell it was bad just by looking at it? mabe your mechanic just wanted you to buy the compressor from him!

Vteckidd
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
an man, if your so WORRIED about it HAVING to work, BUY A NEW ONE.

i mean you spent $60 on a USED compressor, what do you expect? fuck i bought a DX Hydro tranny for $50 from somone one this board, claimed he was told it was a good tranny. i installed it in a buddies car an it grinded every god damn gear , you know what i did? RODE THE FUCK OUT cause i paid $50 for a transmission an took the risk.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

EX-Svic
09-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Skinny is a good seller.... you just stop bitching and get a new one. end of story.....you made this thread to make a point, you did it , It failed Move On with life.....

OG-Skinny
09-18-2006, 12:32 AM
so, if i read right, you never even installed it/put freon in it and your mecanic said it was bad? sounds fishy to me.. cuz my brand new one i installed, the cltuch was very stiff where i couldn't move it.

Flip
09-18-2006, 03:11 AM
SKINNY a bad seller? thats like saying Carrot tOP isnt annoying.

bump for skinny, if it were me, i wouldnt give him any money back, 30 days is too long. SOLD AS IS

Well said... I've known him since high school and he doesn't have a shady bone in his body... Very skiny bones but not shady LOL.

LQQKITZME
09-18-2006, 06:23 AM
YOUR NEVER ON WTF THE GAS TANK YOU HAD OUT OF THE CAR BECAUSE IT WAS RUSTED DO YOU NO REMEMBER I CAN PULL UP YOUR OLD POST AND SHOW YOU... 350 + 150 IN TOWING GAS TANK 100 YOU GAVE ME THE FUEL PUMP FOR EXTRA CASH :thinking: :screwy: ITS NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL I AM JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW, BUT IT WAS NOT WHAT YOU SAID WAS WRONG WITH IT POINT BLANK. AND I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE TRYING TO CALL YOU OUT I DON'T HAVE A "BAD BUYER/SELLER THREAD" BUT TO GET PISSED OFF ABOUT A SMALL PART WHEN YOU JACKED ME FOR MORE THEN THAT I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING

LEE

NAD is not going to replace a part for me that I bought from someone else.
The compressor was bad, oh well I can handle that. Just wish he would have responded to my attempts to contact him. I think others should know the problems I had.

As far as me being a bad seller, he should have attempted to contact me and I would have returned his money. But he never tried to contact me as he stated, so why is my legitimacy compromised? He only paid $300 for clean ass shell.

aaronfelipe
09-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Looks like the main issue has been resolved or voted for.I think the compressor should be installed to give it a shot. If there is another problem with another member, please start a new thread.