PDA

View Full Version : New guy in town

SilverJester
05-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Hello all,
I'm Alex, in my spare time I enjoy long walks on the beach and....oh, wrong forum :cool: So Im' new to the forums and soon to be new to the area. I am going to be moving down to Acworth by the end of the summer and I just thought I would get a head start making some new friends. I'm moving from northern indiana, where, despite what anyone tells you, there is nothing but corn (and michigan, which is a block from my house, is even worse). Our car scene up here consist of a lot of DSMs and F-bodys and of course a lot of half-assed civics (maybe a few decent ones). Anyway, I really looking foward to moving. I drive a 97 Eclipse GSX, not big on sound/stero or looks, more into performance.

Shawna
05-25-2005, 07:00 AM
welcome! lol moving to crackworth huh lol i live not to far from that and theres still nothing to do here either!

SilverJester
05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Don't say that.....I happy to be moving remeber, let's keep it that way ;) Although I have visited the area before, and it is definitely a lot busier than where I am currently at (well maybe not acworth itself, but surronding cities). But I was wondering, how do you guys get around emissions? I know not all you you can still have cats right?

mp5o
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Just buy a less restricting cat.

Cliff
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
some counties don't have to pass emissions....and welcome and enjoy

gtikid
05-26-2005, 03:57 PM
welcome dude...DSM fo lyfe yo!

SilverJester
05-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. According to by brother the county I'm moving to has emmissions, I think it's cobb county, but not really sure. What kind of test do they do, I have heard somewhere that some states only do a computer test for a any emmission codes on vehicles 96+, if that's the case that would be awsome....if they do a sniff test I might be able to lean it out enough to pass?

welcome dude...DSM fo lyfe yo!

Do you drive one?

PSINXS
05-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the boards. Congrats on getting a GSX. I wanted one for so long but they are so rare. especially 2nd gen. I gotta come check it out sometime.

SilverJester
05-27-2005, 06:17 PM
thanks, I've actually had the gsx for about 6 months, and I had a TSi AWD for about 2 years prior to that. The trick is knowing where to look, dsmtuners, dsmtrader, or pretty much any dsm site always has some up for sale. But your welcome to check it out if ya want when I move down there (or if you are really that dedicated to it, you can drive up here...lol).

gtikid
05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. According to by brother the county I'm moving to has emmissions, I think it's cobb county, but not really sure. What kind of test do they do, I have heard somewhere that some states only do a computer test for a any emmission codes on vehicles 96+, if that's the case that would be awsome....if they do a sniff test I might be able to lean it out enough to pass?

Do you drive one?

naw i had a 2g NA eclipse but i totalled it

99ITRGIRL
06-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi Alex