PDA

View Full Version : Misc Television repair question

Schugg
09-14-2006, 01:09 PM
I have a 48" sony color rear video projector television
model number: KP-48s65

right now my problem is that the television turns on, has sound, but the screen does not display any picture. i took the whole upper body of the tv off to get a good look at all those boards, and chips and things. and i didnt have a clue what i was looking at. but i noticed when the tv is on, that the 3 projectors do have a line the color of the projector in them. i guess its just not bright enough to go on the screen when its together. also my friend said he talked to someone and they said it may be a main switch diode?

i was looking up on some q&a pages for this model tv and it said for that problem it maybe not getting high voltage, or the crt's? are not getting a video drive, or the horizontal output transistor is open. and if thats the case ill have to change that out along with the flyback? and HV divider block.

is most of this right? and if it is any help on telling me what the horizontal output transistor/flyback/HV divider block/main swithc diode look like, and what they look like if they are bad? or even maybe which circuit board they might be on! im sure someones going to come and say if you dont know what your doing blah blah, well i dont know what im doing but im not going to learn paying some body to do it. ide rather try it on my own and either be happy cause i fix it, or not care if i dont. tv was free anyway.

Schugg
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
update:

well i was looking at it again, and i turned it on and left it on for a while, and i noticed that now the 3 projectors will come on for a few seconds then turn back off. never had it on long enough for it to do that before. sometimes they will stay on 5-30 seconds before that turn back off for a few minutes. just checking to see if that will help get the amount of things down it could be.

Schugg
09-16-2006, 04:43 PM
i take it nobody here knows much about tvs? just computers/games/cars...