PDA

View Full Version : Math question...

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I can't believe I can't remember how to do this. Some help, please?

I have a total price of $83. The original price was $74. Can you tell me the mark-up %?

Thanks. Later, QD.

joecoolfreak
09-14-2006, 10:19 AM
approx 12%

hemi
09-14-2006, 10:21 AM
74/83 = .8915 so the markup is roughly 11%? I think...

joecoolfreak
09-14-2006, 10:22 AM
74 * 12% = 8.88
74 + 8.88 = 82.88

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks, man. Reps to you. Old age catches up. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 10:28 AM
You, too. hemi. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM
im one of those asian kids who suck at math ..
but i know how to add - subtract - multiply & divide ..

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, but this thread isn't/wasn't about you, either. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
09-14-2006, 11:24 AM
damn QD, forgot ur meds this morning? :lmao:

09-14-2006, 12:24 PM
QD, you are getting senile in your old age. and its approx. 12%.

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Of all people to chime in. Lolol. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
09-14-2006, 12:54 PM
hey look it's PI!

Tarzanman
09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow. What do you do (for a job) that doesn't require you to remember basic math like that?

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Wow. What do you do (for a job) that doesn't require you to remember basic math like that?

Wow. I drive a goddamn semi-truck where I don't need to worry about that shit every day. What the fuck is it any of your goddamn business. Worry about somkething else rather than what I remember or forget at any time. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, but this thread isn't/wasn't about you, either. Later, QD.

well uhmmm hmmm uhhh ..

* leaves *

~The_Duke~
09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Wow. I drive a goddamn semi-truck where I don't need to worry about that shit every day. What the fuck is it any of your goddamn business. Worry about somkething else rather than what I remember or forget at any time. Later, QD.

I think he is still distressed about the blue 350z...

The Golden Child
09-14-2006, 05:09 PM
ahahahahaha !!!

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I think he is still distressed about the blue 350z...

Well he and his 350pee can fuck each other over in that goddamn bonfire on the next episode of The O.C. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-15-2006, 05:13 PM
ahahahahaha !!!

Shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
QD you need to stop being mean seriously ..
did you take your medicine ??

quickdodgeŽ
09-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Fuck you.

BTW, thanks for refusing to nominate me for banning. That was cool as shit of you. Don't check your reps for a couple of days. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
09-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Fuck you.

BTW, thanks for refusing to nominate me for banning. That was cool as shit of you. Don't check your reps for a couple of days. Later, QD.

check yours .. lolz

09-15-2006, 08:37 PM
i come out from time to time.

ShooterMcGavin
09-16-2006, 12:20 AM
QD you need to stop being mean seriously ..
did you take your medicine ??

come on bro, i already said that yo, gotta come original like a :ninja: should :goodjob:

5thgcelica
09-16-2006, 08:25 AM

wow. im 20. graduated in 04.... and i dont remember how to do that shit...lol.

some people just dont remember certain shit, especially if they never use it.

The Golden Child
09-16-2006, 09:56 AM
come on bro, i already said that yo, gotta come original like a :ninja: should :goodjob:

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!! :lmfao:

Tarzanman
09-17-2006, 12:20 AM

Sounds like I hit a raw nerve. If its not any of my business what you can/can't remember then maybe you shouldn't post it on a message board, genius.

Don't get sore at me because you can't remember 4th grade level math. Next time ask a 9 year old to help you if you don't want people to ask questions about your ignorance.

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Sounds like I hit a raw nerve. If its not any of my business what you can/can't remember then maybe you shouldn't post it on a message board, genius.

You didn't hit a nerve. I just like to put smaller people than myself back in their corner when they step to me.

Don't get sore at me because you can't remember 4th grade level math. Next time ask a 9 year old to help you if you don't want people to ask questions about your ignorance.

Wow. You sure fucked yourself on that one. You showed just how stupid you are by this part of the post. You obviously don't know that there is a difference in the words, IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY(which is the word your feeble mind was probably looking for). I'm not ignorant by any means. I'm also not stupid. You, on the other hand represent both stupidity and ignorance. Maybe next time I feel stupid, I could ask you if this is a normal feeling. You'd know. Why would you aks about my lack of remembering this? So what? I don't care. I like to keep you idiots on your toes. Later, QD.

Tarzanman
09-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Wow. You sure fucked yourself on that one. You showed just how stupid you are by this part of the post. You obviously don't know that there is a difference in the words, IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY(which is the word your feeble mind was probably looking for). I'm not ignorant by any means. I'm also not stupid. You, on the other hand represent both stupidity and ignorance. Maybe next time I feel stupid, I could ask you if this is a normal feeling. You'd know. Why would you aks about my lack of remembering this? So what? I don't care. I like to keep you idiots on your toes. Later, QD.

Lol! Since you brought up definitions... you should look up 'irony' I imagine some of the lurkers on this thread are thinking, "Did the guy who couldn't figure out how to calculate a percentage just call someone else stupid? Am I in the twilight zone?"

you *say* you aren't ignorant or stupid, if that's the case then you sure fooled the hell out of everyone reading this thread.

BTW, nothing wrong with my usage of the two words in question.

...ah, and to answer you question (why would I ask)... because my job routinely requires me to use the thermo, fluid dynamics, 2nd (and sometimes third) language and even geography for me to function....and its not a high tech job. So, it is almost inconceivable to me that anyone could stumble and meander through their adulthood without the skills necessary to calculate the tip on a restauraunt bill..... but, if you insist that *I'm* the idiot, then I am sure that must be case, lol. Must be that I'm not even smart enough to continue this conversation.

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2006, 09:54 AM
"Did the guy who couldn't figure out how to calculate a percentage just call someone else stupid? Am I in the twilight zone?"

No. I guarantee 100% that no one thought that.

you *say* you aren't ignorant or stupid, if that's the case then you sure fooled the hell out of everyone reading this thread.

I guarantee 100%, again, that no one thought this, either.

...ah, and to answer you question (why would I ask)... because my job routinely requires me to use the thermo, fluid dynamics, 2nd (and sometimes third) language and even geography for me to function.

Hmmm. Hmmm. It seems ignorance is rearing it's ugly head at you here, then. Maybe, juuust maybe, we both have different jobs. I could have sworn I posted mine, and it didn't include thermo or fluid dynamics. How's your foot taste?

So, it is almost inconceivable to me that anyone could stumble and meander through their adulthood without the skills necessary to calculate the tip on a restauraunt bill....

Wow. You really showed yourself to be an idiot if you really believe what you posted.

but, if you insist that *I'm* the idiot, then I am sure that must be case, lol. Must be that I'm not even smart enough to continue this conversation.

With your ramblings that no one here gives a shit about, I don't think you are. Later, QD.

Tarzanman
09-17-2006, 12:11 PM
No. I guarantee 100% that no one thought that.
I guarantee 100%, again, that no one thought this, either.

Forgive me if I seem unconvinced that you know (as you claim) 100% what everyone thinks. Obviuosly, you don't really believe that either. Argue every point except the one at hand, right?

Hmmm. Hmmm. It seems ignorance is rearing it's ugly head at you here, then. Maybe, juuust maybe, we both have different jobs. I could have sworn I posted mine, and it didn't include thermo or fluid dynamics. How's your foot taste?

Scroll back up. You asked, I answered. FYI, ignorance = lack of knowledge. Your statement is so cryptic and ill conceived that niether of us has any idea what you are trying to say. We do both have different jobs. I bet i could do yours a hell of a lot better than you could do mine... yet according to you, I'm supposedly the ignorant stupid one. I guess its better to gloss over the logic and circumstances when it goes against you, eh?

Wow. You really showed yourself to be an idiot if you really believe what you posted.
Yes. Unless your IQ is *substantially* below 100, then you should have the common sense to be able to estimate a 15% restaraunt tip. I know 9 year olds that can do this in their head. If you can't even do this with a pen and paper then you're either lazy (mentally) or have killed off a great many of your brain cells. Feel free to disagree with me, but you dont' live on a mountain in west virginia and this isn't a 3rd world country. If you have graduated from elementary school and cant do this then your math skills are way below average for this country.

(Or are you from west virginia?)

With your ramblings that no one here gives a shit about, I don't think you are. Later, QD.

Nice sentiment, but you're being dishonest. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't bother to reply.

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Forgive me if I seem unconvinced that you know (as you claim) 100% what everyone thinks. Obviuosly, you don't really believe that either.

I do know what everyone here thinks. I am QD and I am IA.

FYI, ignorance = lack of knowledge.

Not in all circumstances. Ignorance is not wanting to have knowledge. Such as youself.

I bet i could do yours a hell of a lot better than you could do mine...

You probably could. You couldn't do my job better than I do mine, but, seeing as how I have no training in your field, I couldn't do yours at all.

yet according to you, I'm supposedly the ignorant stupid one.

I don't think you're stupid. Just ignorant. Remember.

Yes. Unless your IQ is *substantially* below 100, then you should have the common sense to be able to estimate a 15% restaraunt tip.

Actually, I can estimate a restaurant tip. YOu must've mis-read the question completely in the original post.

I know 9 year olds that can do this in their head.

You sure like to refer back to young children. You related to Michael Jackson or R. Kelly?

If you have graduated from elementary school and cant do this then your math skills are way below average for this country.

Wow. Ignorance also comes into play since you think you know all about me from one simple question. Lolo. Jokes on you, sucker.

Nice sentiment, but you're being dishonest. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't bother to reply.

I guess you do care since you do keep replying. I can go on ofrever. And you'll lose. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
09-17-2006, 02:04 PM
god daymmm !!!

FatboyV8
09-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Its a battle of wits, and i'm not invited. :(

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2006, 02:32 PM
god daymmm !!!

I agree. This whole series of posts has no reason for being. I'm out. Later, QD.