PDA

View Full Version : Two Teens dead, three injuried

ProjectWidow
05-24-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63560

i got a call earlier this morning telling me that one of my good friends died in a car accident around 5am today. was hard to believe! one other teen died and 3 were taken to the hospital. its so sad to hear something like that. let them rest in peace!

Kasey Flanagan, July 13, 1988 - May 24, 2005
Beau Shadrick, July 19, 1988- May 24, 2005

Eli
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear your friend passed away man.

The Yousef
05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
My God.....i'm sorry about your friends my fellow luder.....

ATK_Designs
05-24-2005, 06:54 PM
sorry to hear about that man.

Ms Dollar
05-24-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I know what you're going through...You'll be in my prayers along with the families of the other victims...

Just stay strong

jrobbins30041
05-24-2005, 07:38 PM
sorry to hear man

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Sucks to hear. I also saw that on the 6 news and they said alcohol may have been involved. Later, QD.

5thgcelica
05-24-2005, 08:51 PM
damn. im sorry to hear that.

i couldnt even tell what car that was. driving way too fast.

soul
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear that

My buddy pasted away 5/23/05 after being in ICU for a few days, the Hospital might be the reason of death thou.

R.I.P. Bj

bigb996
05-24-2005, 09:42 PM
thats really sad....sorry to hear that man. I hate hearing about people dieing in car crashes it really is a terrible thing that tears anyone up no matter if you knew them or not.

Cliff
05-24-2005, 10:23 PM
that rover was ripped about...hate to see that man....

babygurl
05-24-2005, 10:28 PM
sorry to hear about that....my thoughts and prayers are with you, as well as the your friends families.....

Brett
05-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah that was on the news this morning, I think they said speeding played a huge factor in that also.

What parents allow thier kids to be out at 5am screwing around? Why give a 16yo the keys to a Land Rover, they arent exactly under powered ( Parents didnt seem to make good choices here and the kids obviously didnt either )..... And why do kids not think they can get killed when drinking and driving? Im sorry for your loss, But when will kids realize they need to be a bit more mature behind the wheel

ProjectWidow
05-24-2005, 10:32 PM
thanks everyone for the nice, thoughtful comments! it really is nice to see people come together and try to make things better at a time like this. i thank you all.

Yeah that was on the news this morning, I think they said speeding played a huge factor in that also.
yeh. i personally dont think kasey was driving drunk but you never know, speeding i believe though and on a curve like that i can see how u can lose control while speeding and tired. i heard from someone that he might have fallen asleep since no brakes were applied.

babygurl
05-24-2005, 10:35 PM
i do agree with brett............

man
05-24-2005, 11:41 PM
do you know how Scott's doing?

CLyons27
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
do you know how Scott's doing?
mike, i heard he had to get brain surgery or something severe...

MasterMadman
05-25-2005, 01:55 AM
What parents allow thier kids to be out at 5am screwing around? Why give a 16yo the keys to a Land Rover, they arent exactly under powered ( Parents didnt seem to make good choices here and the kids obviously didnt either )..... And why do kids not think they can get killed when drinking and driving? Im sorry for your loss, But when will kids realize they need to be a bit more mature behind the wheel

From what I heard 4 of them snuck out and went to a party and they called Casey to take them home b/c they realizied that they were too drunk to drive. That's what I heard from my neighbor who's a teacher there.(** this is just what I heard .... so ..... don't take it as the 100% truth as I'm not totally sure it is, but the source is reliable**)

Rest In Peace and I hope all goes well with the others involved. My heart goes out to the families involved as well.

RBpoweredSileighty
05-25-2005, 02:42 AM
sorry to hear, that sucks

flysi00
05-25-2005, 07:59 AM
damn that sucks sorry to hear that

trythefly
05-25-2005, 08:37 AM
just read about that in todays paper. Thats really horrible but this whole thing could have been prevented. Sorry for your friends loss.....

ProjectWidow
05-25-2005, 08:54 AM
mike, i heard he had to get brain surgery or something severe...
i heard he had a fractured skull and had to get a metal plate implanted.

accented
05-25-2005, 09:42 AM
"Police suspect alcohol may have played a role in the wreck after they found beer cans in and around the vehicle."

im sorry you lost a friend, but if the above statement is true, then i feel no pity at all

RHStansbury
05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
This is terrible. I have lived away from Atlanta for a few years now but I knew Beau's brother and can remember Beau running around the neighborhood as a crazy 8 year old.

Kristi
05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
that is terrible and i'm sorry for your loss

i was watching that on the news this morning and they were saying that they are being told that the driver wasn't drunk - that he stayed sober to drive his drunk friends home - but the rest were drunk. it wasn't official or anything, but that is what they were being told.

that sucks.

CLyons27
05-25-2005, 11:28 AM
i heard he had a fractured skull and had to get a metal plate implanted.
yea i heard that part 2. thats so bad picturing our friends like this

CLyons27
05-25-2005, 11:29 AM
From what I heard 4 of them snuck out and went to a party and they called Casey to take them home b/c they realizied that they were too drunk to drive. That's what I heard from my neighbor who's a teacher there.(** this is just what I heard .... so ..... don't take it as the 100% truth as I'm not totally sure it is, but the source is reliable**)

Rest In Peace and I hope all goes well with the others involved. My heart goes out to the families involved as well.
whats the teacher's name?

Phenix
05-25-2005, 02:38 PM
gene,
sucks that your friends passed away, having driven on that road I can tell you that if you do go to fast things like that will happen. Even if the driver wasnt drunk he still should have made the other kids where seat belts. But we cant change whats happened, sorry for the loss and they will be in my thougts for the rest of my life...

MasterMadman
05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
whats the teacher's name?

Mrs. Marenelli (can't spell sry, but she's a math teacher)

99ITRGIRL
06-01-2005, 08:49 PM
sorry to hear that. God Bless!!!!

Ruiner
06-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I sympathize with your loss. I hate that this happened. It always saddens me to see young kids go like this. :(

However, so many things were wrong and so many laws were broken. It will be interesting to see how the charges play out and if anyone is held responsible other than the 16 year old driver. I am not judging, but rather listing what all was wrong (feel free to add more if I missed something).

Below, I have listed 5 points that will be curious to see how they play out, legally:

1. Out past GA Curfew Law - The driver shouldn't have been driving according to GA law, so this could have been prevented. If the parents knew about their 16 yr old driving and gave persmission, they could be charged by the other families and/or the state. Curious to see how that turns out. 1st law broken.

2. Driving with more than one person that is not in your family (GA Law for 16-17yr olds, correct?) - Once again, against the law I do believe and they might end up holding someone responsible. Will be interesting to see. 2nd law broken

3. No seatbelts? What gives with this? That could have very well saved the life of everyone in the car. That and it is illegal to not wear one while driving. 3rd law broken.

4. Beer in the car - Yeah, not good when you are 16, 17, and 18 years old. Whoever gave them the beer could end up being charged and face VERY serious charges. It will be interesting to see what the police investigation turns up. I will also be curious on the autopsy of the two kids that died and the BAC levels of the other 3. 4th law broken

5. Speeding - Slid sideways for over 100yds AFTER they left the road and still hit the pole with that much force. Would you guess 100-110mph given a 55-60mph impact? 5 law broken

JagerGirl
06-01-2005, 11:57 PM
sorry to hear about that.. i heard about it the next day, I work in an ER and we always get the ambulance radio conversations throughout GA... I heard everyone talking about it... I'm so sorry to hear it man, I truely know how you feel.