PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods T25....or....kcar turbo..

JITB
05-24-2005, 05:12 PM
I cant completly remember the name type of turbo that comes on the old chrysler lebaron Gts.. Tdo4a? Mitsubishi turbo. but anyway. IM at a cross road and deciding on which turbo to get, any experience with the tdo4 mistu turbo? ive driven with the t25 and it seems to get tired at about 5500, is the tdo4 any different, it looks a tad bit smaller ont he intake side, but bigger on the exh side. the old t25 i had had a oil leak and i am jsut gonna get another one...thoughts?

Spyder
05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
14B>T25 spools about the same and makes alot more power, or with the price of turbos now days ebay it and buy something that is exactly what you need... assuming you can afford the down time. if not just get a 14B or a T28 or another variation. also what budget are you working with? what car is it on... so on.

JITB
05-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Its goin on the protege, stock fuel etc only 6-8psi got a evo8 intercooler on the way..not a big budget seeing that its my daily car. But i have everything else, jus tneed another turbo..just deciding if i should go ahead and get the tdo4 or wait to find a good t25 again. The problem i had with the old 14g was fitting, it fit so tight in the bay, with the curvy intake side + internal wastegate, just killed space. The tdo4 has the internal wastegate aswell, but the intake side seems smaller and almost perfect..space wise.. regardless im getting something this weekend.

Spyder
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
T28 mounts to a T25 flange and is dimensionally the same but can produce about 100 more HP, also it spools nearly the same but will pull harder on top end.

GA180SXRIDER
07-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Do you plan on selling that blow turbo?