PDA

View Full Version : Misc Good Autobody Collision Schools near Gwinnett

twkg
09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Anybody know of some good schools for Auto Body Collision around Gwinnett? I keep looking, but I'm only finding a few schools and I don't feel like commuting from Snellville to Valdosta.

Any help is appreciated...I can't stand my job.

Thanks,
Justin

FAHHQUE700
09-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I say this is an area where you need to work hands on before you devote time toward school. Just a thought... but you have better chances of getting hired on at a body shop if you were a shop boy at a shop for 2 years then a technical auto-body and refinishing certificate.

twkg
09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I do some stuff in my garage, but I would like to learn on a more professional level what needs to be done in certain cases. That's a good point though, about getting hired on as a shop boy. Thanks!

i4_garage
09-11-2006, 10:43 PM
^^yeah we have one shop-boy right now....he seems dedicated....body work takes time....4 out of 5 shop-boys drop in about 3 months lol

twkg
09-12-2006, 02:39 PM
In that case, I have a few questions about the whole shop boy thing. I.e. What all does the shop boy do? Also, the 4/5 shop boys statistic, is that because people just don't like the job after a little while, they can't handle it due to being lazy, or because it's that damn hard? Even bigger question is what kind of money does a shop boy usually make.

13Bracer
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
hey man im startin lanier tech in about 3 weeks.. im doin auto collision repair. from what i here its a great school and they have 100% placement for a job when your done if you want more info hit me back

blacknightteg
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
oh my god....justin lol wtf

twkg
09-13-2006, 04:21 PM
hey man im startin lanier tech in about 3 weeks.. im doin auto collision repair. from what i here its a great school and they have 100% placement for a job when your done if you want more info hit me back

Yeah man, send me some stuff info. I haven't checked out Lanier tech. yet.

& D, I'm just gettin sick of my damn job and the fact that I'm really going no where fast. If I'm going to go to school, I might as well be doing something I enjoy doing.

5thgcelica
09-13-2006, 09:37 PM

hahahahaah

Bishop
09-13-2006, 09:41 PM
hahahahaah

:lmao:

blacknightteg
09-13-2006, 09:50 PM
haha yea.....gotta point.

rickgiblin
09-13-2006, 10:24 PM

x3
:crazy: ass mexicans runnin around, while :cheers::drunk: during lunch, while creating major :burnout: in the parking lots with wannab :nx:bitches next door... i just cant help but to :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

5thgcelica
09-13-2006, 10:30 PM
^^^

HAHAHA dammit that shit is so true..i hate that damn place..lol yet love it at the sametime..hahahah

Hulud
09-13-2006, 10:59 PM
while creating major :burnout: in the parking lots
you're one to talk, from what ive heard ;)

rickgiblin
09-14-2006, 01:43 AM
you're one to talk, from what ive heard ;)

hell yea, there still there black as nite... i rosted the fuck out of those tires... good thing it wasnt my truck :)

i4_garage
09-14-2006, 08:30 AM
In that case, I have a few questions about the whole shop boy thing. I.e. What all does the shop boy do? Also, the 4/5 shop boys statistic, is that because people just don't like the job after a little while, they can't handle it due to being lazy, or because it's that damn hard? Even bigger question is what kind of money does a shop boy usually make.

its all of the above....lolz.....they like it in the beginine wit high hopes ....but then they will eventually get lazy ...becuz bodywork tends to be repetitive....also its takes time to improve...and "time" is a big factor ....and most of the time a shop boy doesn;t get pay.....but if they do it will be like 100 - 200 $ a week :doh: ....just think about it....technically they have to pay the shop ... that;s the mentality that people just have....money motivates people....so then they forget about the real motivation of their love for that such occupation

twkg
09-14-2006, 04:23 PM
^^^

HAHAHA dammit that shit is so true..i hate that damn place..lol yet love it at the sametime..hahahah

BTW, I was up at YRC a couple weeks ago and saw your car. nice job man! :goodjob:

its all of the above....lolz.....they like it in the beginine wit high hopes ....but then they will eventually get lazy ...becuz bodywork tends to be repetitive....also its takes time to improve...and "time" is a big factor ....and most of the time a shop boy doesn;t get pay.....but if they do it will be like 100 - 200 $ a week :doh: ....just think about it....technically they have to pay the shop ... that;s the mentality that people just have....money motivates people....so then they forget about the real motivation of their love for that such occupation

^Yo, that seems to be normal everywhere you go. My deal is that I like doing it already and I have this thing about having to make sure the work I do is perfect.

Anyways, what's wrong with that school? Other than its location?

rickgiblin
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
theres nothing wrong with the school... its a hell of a fun time... just be ready to fork out some cash if you wanna work on your shit. but theres about 4 people from ia in there and its all good

5thgcelica
09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
BTW, I was up at YRC a couple weeks ago and saw your car. nice job man! :goodjob:

Anyways, what's wrong with that school? Other than its location?

preciate it...

the school is just, retarded. there aint shit for us to do right now..unless you bring your own stuff...which...you have to pay to do... but all in all... we've had some damn good laughs.

Bishop
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
preciate it...

the school is just, retarded. there aint shit for us to do right now..unless you bring your own stuff...which...you have to pay to do... but all in all... we've had some damn good laughs.
lol alot of good laughs.

But dont buy anything from the school. They mark up the price 10%. If you need paint, buy it at slacks or if there is an autocolor by you, do that.

twkg
09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
lol alot of good laughs.

But dont buy anything from the school. They mark up the price 10%. If you need paint, buy it at slacks or if there is an autocolor by you, do that.

I always go with AutoColor. Good people.

Bishop
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I always go with AutoColor. Good people.
smart man. Autocolor is my favorite place to get paint from. I went to slacks (local body supply store) to get some fineline tape. Everyother place its $6 a roll. At slacks it's $2.

rickgiblin
09-15-2006, 05:00 PM
blablabla... craigs a little dipshit he doesnt knwo nothing... he just sits around and tries to :idb: everyone then the :police: come for me every once in a while.. while we have a wannab:ninja: in the class who all he does is smoke pot and runs into the paint booth cuse he cant stand up.

Bishop
09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
blablabla... craigs a little dipshit he doesnt knwo nothing... he just sits around and tries to :idb: everyone then the :police: come for me every once in a while.. while we have a wannab:ninja: in the class who all he does is smoke pot and runs into the paint booth cuse he cant stand up.
lol then why did u ask me to set up your spray gun for you? tool

Bishop
09-20-2006, 12:40 PM
are you starting the actual course or are you starting your core classes?

rickgiblin
09-20-2006, 12:46 PM
lol then why did u ask me to set up your spray gun for you? tool im just playin with you ninja... you know that pimpin. but today was a bitch day and i was only there for like an hour i know... i arrived late, o well. :D , i wonder who all is starting the acctual class. well, i guess were gonna be fixin our own shit next 1/4 cuse of the bs school. hopefully some noobs come in so we can perform plan a... its gonna be fun

Bishop
09-20-2006, 05:24 PM
im just playin with you ninja... you know that pimpin. but today was a bitch day and i was only there for like an hour i know... i arrived late, o well. :D , i wonder who all is starting the acctual class. well, i guess were gonna be fixin our own shit next 1/4 cuse of the bs school. hopefully some noobs come in so we can perform plan a... its gonna be fun
lol. I think we are going to have to work on our own shit for the rest of the time there i bet. Fuck that, if he didnt charge out of the ass i would actually work on my own shit. Fucking fag. Its soo much bullshit too. Why does he charge it? For using electricity? Filters for the booth? The school pays for that which in turn, the government pays for it. He's just pocketing that money just like he did with the paint today.

5thgcelica
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOOOOORDDD NIGGAAA that bastard..

i dont know what the hell we are gonna do for the rest of the time there.... burn shit i guess. lol!

Bishop
09-20-2006, 08:20 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOOOOORDDD NIGGAAA that bastard..

i dont know what the hell we are gonna do for the rest of the time there.... burn shit i guess. lol!
lol that was some funny shit. If this really does happen (only working on our own cars) i;m going to try to talk to him about lowering the fee....like $20 or $30 for all quarter

5thgcelica
09-20-2006, 08:21 PM
word. cause i cant afford that shit.
i mean ill do some minor stuff. but woooo...dis nigga be broke.... espeically w/ whats goin down now...

Bishop
09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
word. cause i cant afford that shit.
i mean ill do some minor stuff. but woooo...dis nigga be broke.... espeically w/ whats goin down now...
yeah, thats some gay ass shit. i say we all just don;t bring cars in. lol seriosuly....we wouldnt have anything to do. Its genius! He will ask why we dont bring anything in and we will tell him that the fee is fucking rediculous. Then he will drop it or lower it alot...We should go talk to someone like the president and see if that fee is legit