PDA

View Full Version : monitor diagnostics on a lap-top?

AgentEasy
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
what program do i need.. and also i know i'll either need a new ECU or and upgrade or something.. any info would be much appreciated.. and yes JayG i'm reasearching it myself too..but any little extra help would be helpful..

scttydb411
09-13-2006, 12:18 AM
you're going to need to be clearer w/ more information in terms of your setup and what exactly you're trying to accomplish to get the help you need.

AgentEasy
09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
you're going to need to be clearer w/ more information in terms of your setup and what exactly you're trying to accomplish to get the help you need.

i just want to be able to monitor different things from my car, like oil temp, pressure, and diff things.. on my laptop..i cant find any programs..i know i'm gonna need some type of ECU plug in or something.. but i can't find anything..

Halfwit
09-13-2006, 08:47 AM
i just want to be able to monitor different things from my car, like oil temp, pressure, and diff things.. on my laptop..i cant find any programs..i know i'm gonna need some type of ECU plug in or something.. but i can't find anything.. put your labtop in your pass seat, then tape an oil temp gauge to it, pressure ect....jk i dont know

AgentEasy
09-13-2006, 09:26 AM
put your labtop in your pass seat, then tape an oil temp gauge to it, pressure ect....jk i dont know

casey your silly.. one day you'll have to show me how you did that windshield spayer thing.. lol

and yeah.. seems as good an idea as any.. lol

SL65AMG
09-13-2006, 12:00 PM
http://www.digimoto.com/

dont know how good it is but i spent 2 minutes on google and found this

drmcivicsi
09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
go buy a standalone FMU and be done with it =) but get ready to spend some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

scttydb411
09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.digimoto.com/

dont know how good it is but i spent 2 minutes on google and found this

i've also seen a similar setup that uses a palmpilot. i would go that route...palm is easier to keep/carry in the car than a laptop and you can get a mount to clip it to the dash and be able to view easier while driving.

green91
09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
what year is your car? if its 96+ you can use the scantool.net kit and monitor the data list via your obd2 port

AgentEasy
09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
thanks for all the help guys..