PDA

View Full Version : So, 5 years ago, what were YOU doing when you found out?

SixSquared
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
My mom and dad always said that they remember exactly what they were doing, who they were with, and what they were talking about when they learned that President Kennedy had been assassinated. I never understood what they meant until 9/11.. 5 years later, I remember like it was yesterday.

My entire senior class was down on the football field, all arranged in a large "02" for the yearbook picture. After the picture, we were all walking up the hill back to class, and I was cutting up with some friends. The JROTC class was running up the hill, and I just assumed they were being superstars. My friend Holly, a JROTC member, came running up to talk to us for a second. She said "I dunno if I wanna join the national guard anymore. I think I wanna go full blown army" and we were all like "WTF why?" (all Holly had talked about for MONTHS was National Guard). And she said:

"Didn't you hear? They blew up the pentagon."

My entire school spent the rest of the day glued to the TV. My dad called me to let me know that all our relatives in NYC were safe.

The next Sunday, while at church, we found out that a couple at the church had lost their daughter, son in law, and two grandchildren, who were on the first plane to hit. I remember being amazed that even though it was horrible, until then, it had seemed so far away. Now it was hitting home.

I don't think I'll ever forget Holly saying "They blew up the pentagon"... :cry:

So what were you guys doing?

quickdodgeŽ
09-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Another one of these threads? Later, QD.

Hulud
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
yea seriously theres already one of these

blacknightteg
i was walking from one of my classes to my other...friend came up to me and told me, thought he was full of shit till i got to my 3rd period and saw it on tv...freaked me the fuck out for the rest of the day...i was all worried and shit

DJ XtRaKŠ
repost

quickdodgeŽ
No disrespect intended, of course, but there is already a thread on this exact subject. Later, QD.

1439/2000
09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I was thinking, "5 years from now IA will have a BILLION REPOSTS."

Then a couple planes hit and threw my train of thought off.

HvyArms
09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I was getting ready to go to class, turned to CNN as usual as I got dressed...was like WHOA. Called up a few friends, told them to turn on their TVs...then the plane hit the second tower...WHOA.

Honestly, I wasn't upset at all. I remember saying "man, do you see this shit? these people are gonna be crazy after this, Americans cant take war"

Thought it was odd how, even before the plane hit the second tower, Howard Dean was on CNN talking about how it was an act of Bin Laden. Putting a bug in the ear of the American Public?

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it just didn't seem real somehow. Guess it's because it was orchestrated by the US:ninja:

Ran
09-11-2006, 11:49 AM
I was thinking, "5 years from now IA will have a BILLION REPOSTS."

Then a couple planes hit and threw my train of thought off. :lmfao: :lmfao: