PDA

View Full Version : Misc Suicide

Hulud
09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
well i was thinking, you know on 9/11 all the people that jumped to their death, whats your take on it?

like do you think they should have suffered from whatever was going on up there, or do you think it was justified?

ShooterMcGavin
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
justified imo, but jesus might have a different view of it than i ;)

tony
09-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I think they jumped with the notion that they had a better chance of surviving rather than staying up there and burning to death.. that would not be considered suicide.

ShooterMcGavin
09-11-2006, 10:50 AM
^^^u THINK, keyword there. whether or not it was suicide is between them and whatever god they believe in, if they believed in one at all.

SL65AMG
09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
u cant survive a 40 foot drop onto asphalt.....much less a 1000 foot drop

personally id rather die on impact than burn for 15 minutes till i died

Hulud
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I think they jumped with the notion that they had a better chance of surviving rather than staying up there and burning to death.. that would not be considered suicide.
honestly i dont think they were that stupid, cmon you know people arent going to live from a 70+ story fall

tony
09-11-2006, 08:02 PM
honestly i dont think they were that stupid, cmon you know people arent going to live from a 70+ story fall

What other choice do you have? I could imagine the heat was unbearable, at that time and moment I would be doing anything to get away from the heat.

ShooterMcGavin
09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
leadfoot and i were talkin, what if some of those ppl didn't jump out but were pushed/thrown out? like u know, imagine if u didn't really need to go in that day but ur boss called u in for some bs meeting. then u were one of the ppl stuck up there, he essentially signed ur death certificate, wouldn't u wanna throw his ass out??? :D

Hulud
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
What other choice do you have? I could imagine the heat was unbearable, at that time and moment I would be doing anything to get away from the heat.
i know they didnt have a choice, fuck it i woulda fucking jumped too

but im saying either way they know they are gonna die

my point is as i was lead to believe in teh christian religion, commiting suicide is an unforgivable sin. so hows that justified?

i mean i will never accept a god who is like that :2cents:

ShooterMcGavin
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
cuz ur supposed to trust him, have faith in him, 100%.

Hulud
09-11-2006, 08:39 PM
:rolleyes:

ShooterMcGavin
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
hey u asked, didn't say u'd like the answer ;)

Hulud
09-11-2006, 09:08 PM
hey u asked, didn't say u'd like the answer ;)
i just find it messed up how your supposed to sit there and burn to death

trini_gsr
09-11-2006, 09:48 PM
when it comes to religion and rules, nothing is absolute. the bible says you shouldn't kill...but what if your life is threatened? you shouldn't steal...but what about those katrina victims who broke into supermarkets for food? and so on...

Hulud
09-11-2006, 10:17 PM
when it comes to religion and rules, nothing is absolute. the bible says you shouldn't kill...but what if your life is threatened? you shouldn't steal...but what about those katrina victims who broke into supermarkets for food? and so on...
so your saying sinning is ok if it benefits you?

trini_gsr
09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
so your saying sinning is ok if it benefits you?

lol...no i'm not saying that. i guess what i'm saying is that none of those actions (killing, stealing, etc) is inherently sinful 100% of the time. maybe 99.99 percent of the time but not ALWAYS. lol.

when you reach a gray area like the one you described, with folks jumping out of the towers...you have to consider the action in context to determine if it was really 'sinful' or not.

ShooterMcGavin
09-12-2006, 03:56 PM
^^^bible says clearly through many passages and examples that no instance of killing yourself will be considered "ok"

Hulud
09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
^^^bible says clearly through many passages and examples that no instance of killing yourself will be considered "ok"
:stupid:

Hulud
09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
you have to consider the action in context to determine if it was really 'sinful' or not.
according to the bible suicide is never forgivable

8bangin302
09-12-2006, 06:57 PM

yep.

GTScoob
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
It was always my understanding that Catholics believe that suicide means that you go straight to hell but it is tolerated in other Protestant faiths.

ShooterMcGavin
09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
^^^don't really think it matters to god if ur catholic or protestant, there is ONE christian bible is there not?

trini_gsr
09-13-2006, 10:09 AM
it's a judgement call then. i mean i could be wrong still. but the bible also says murder is wrong, yet God called for the Israelites to go out and murder plenty of ppl in the conquest of the land of Caanan...

plus i don't think there's any examples in the bible that correspond exactly to what was going on sept 11th. i guess yall are right...the right thing to do would be to trust in God to deliver you and die a fiery death. but you can also argue that folks jumped thinking that God would deliver them also.

like i said...99.99% of the time it's cut and dry but the situation on 9/11 i think falls into a gray area. i couldnt say with confidence if the folks who jumped died as sinners or not...lucky for them it's not for me to judge :D

ShooterMcGavin
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
^^^murdering and committing suicide are completely different sorry. when u murder "in the name of god", u still have an opportunity for true repentence before U die. if u kill urself, ur last act will have been a sin, no repenting, no heaven.

§treet_§peed
09-13-2006, 09:55 PM
well i was thinking, you know on 9/11 all the people that jumped to their death, whats your take on it?

like do you think they should have suffered from whatever was going on up there, or do you think it was justified? my take was cause they were jumping and rather fall and have a better chance at surviving that being burned to death....

§treet_§peed
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
and i mean more than likely you would of had a heart attack and die before you hit the ground...so you would of never felt it or anyhting...which i think is better than being slowly bunred to death..you know cooked alive..slow and tortuing....

Hulud
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
my take was cause they were jumping and rather fall and have a better chance at surviving that being burned to death....
honestly its been said before in here, theres no way your going to survive a fall from a 70 story drop

but its not really just your thoughts on it, its more a question on religion, how people interpret in on religions views

§treet_§peed
09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
me myselgf honestly...i would take my chances with jumping in that situation..i mean even though oyu know your 99.9999999999999999999999% not gonna survive...in that situation you wouldn't think of that you would think this is a better chance than sitting here and burning to death...

Hulud
09-13-2006, 10:45 PM
me myselgf honestly...i would take my chances with jumping in that situation..i mean even though oyu know your 99.9999999999999999999999% not gonna survive...in that situation you wouldn't think of that you would think this is a better chance than sitting here and burning to death...
dude, your missing the point, hell i woulda jumped too, but yet im not religious

my point of this thread is what people did on that day in reference to religion

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2006, 09:12 AM
We will never know for sure the thought process behind any of the people that jumped. Some MAY have thought God would save them. Some MAY have thought they could survive somehow. Some MAY have taken the lesser of two evils and in fact jumped to their deaths.

We will never know for sure, so it's impossible to answer the question w/o a large percentage of speculation. It is very possible that all the answers have in fact been discussed here already. But unfortunately we will never know.

Everyone is correct though. It does say in the Bible that suicide is a sin because it is murdering one's self.

Rabunchic
09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
The reason I think suicide is an unforgivable sin is because say you steal, cheat, lie, murder....you can still repent for what you have done and be forgiven, but when you commit suicide you are committing murder, and you cant repent for killing yourself.

ShooterMcGavin
09-14-2006, 02:28 PM
^^^REPOST! and it's not just what you think, it's what the bible says.

b@d @pple
09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
i really dont understand how this pertains to "god" in anyway

4dmin
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
suicide is the pussy way out if there is a hell you deserve to go there if you take your life.

tatodotcom
09-14-2006, 03:48 PM
my g/fs uncle was one of the people who jumped out of the building...he called his wife(my g/fs aunt) and told her they were going to jump out....she told me he said they did it because they didnt want the terriost to take their lives so they took it into there own hands......he didnt jump from as high up as the other people yall are talking about but it was up there.....

Hulud
09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
i really dont understand how this pertains to "god" in anyway
i think you seemed to miss what i wrote then, my question was how (in the religious sense) is someone gonna have to suffer through the heat to be accepted into "heaven".

§treet_§peed
09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
technically according to the bible God doesn't want us suffering in any way..so i think in situations like that that you could still be accepted into Heaven...

ShooterMcGavin
09-15-2006, 08:47 AM
^^^u must've not been reading the right chapters/verses, says in more than one place that killing urself is not allowed. in fact there's a story in the bible about how someone who earnestly trusted in god, was fighting in a war/battle and decided to kill himself because he didn't want to be tortured and didn't make it to heaven.

§treet_§peed
09-15-2006, 09:02 AM
hmm but technically they didn't kill therselves...the terrorist did

Rabunchic
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
technically they did. They chose to jump noone pushed them. I am sorry if that hurts someone. The terrorist didnt literally kill them they caused the reason the people jumped. The people jumped by their own choice.

§treet_§peed
09-15-2006, 09:54 AM
i laugh my ass every time i see your avatar and your sig lol... they may not have been phsycally pushed...but mentally you damn straight