PDA

View Full Version : attn ga teg: amer. hot rod corvette

99SI
05-24-2005, 08:42 AM
The show was a rerun but I just saw it last night. This 63 Corvette stingray was the most amazing corvette I have ever seen. Roll cage, tubbed, custom made aluminum hood, full custom leather interior, with leather lined floor board and leather wrapped roll cage, and most importantly an all aluminum 432ci twin turbo V8 making 1500 hp @ 20psi. Awesome.

kilpatty43
05-24-2005, 09:15 AM
god i love that car...

4bangin
05-24-2005, 09:23 AM
That car was gorgeous. It looked awesome before the body was even put on.

A.P. Photography
05-24-2005, 12:45 PM
I agree, one of the hottest rods to come out of Boyd Coddingtons garage in a long time.

The Yousef
05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
yeah that car was hot! i miss Charlie though....he it seemed to bitch the least amount on that show...

yousef

A.P. Photography
05-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Charlie was one of the best guys Boyd had and he always had a good attitude. I agree with Charlie tho, most of those cars were a rush build and it was ludicrous to make your people work 24-48 hour days to meet a deadline that you unrealsitcly set.

The Yousef
05-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Charlie was one of the best guys Boyd had and he always had a good attitude. I agree with Charlie tho, most of those cars were a rush build and it was ludicrous to make your people work 24-48 hour days to meet a deadline that you unrealsitcly set.

yeah...it seems like the deadlines are getting closer and closer together...you can only push your workers so much past the limit until they revolt.....i'm not sure if Boyd is doing for ratings or what...but it's retarded IMO....

don't get me wrong...Boyd's hot rods are bloody gorgerous...it's just his work ethic (if thats the right term)...that gets me....

yousef

civic95
05-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah that's body shops though. They always promise things before they can actually meet it. I wish they would take the drama out of these shows. It's so fake sometimes it just makes me turn the channel. They all tried to copy Orange County Choppers w/ the fake drama crap, and AMH would be awesome without it.

99SI
05-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Charlie jumped to the Chip Foose camp. Chip definately seems like he would be a more laid back guy to work for. I know body shops set times that they know they won't meet but the thing is, Boyd's does meet the deadlines! He just does it at the expense of his workers. I am glad they fired blue bear though, he bothered me more than anyone. I like the guy with the paralyzed face also. I love it when he laughs. shame on me.

99SI
05-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I tried to find some actual pictures but wasn't able to, only the artist renderings, if anyone can find the actual pics post em up in here. I can't get enough of seeing that car. That engine was a fuckin masterpiece. (as well as everything else on and in the car.)

Allstar3.8T
05-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Foose > Boyd
Boyd is historical, but a fricken cry baby. His cars are rushed, and if you'll look in every episode, you'll see cars from an older episode in the garage still gettin work done. (After supposedly completed). He def knows the industry, but he does 0% of the work now, and the idiots that work for him are barely skilled and have very limited knowledge. With the tools they have, anyone caould build a car to that level. If you cant do it, send it out...(interior, engines, even fiberglass work)
I lost alot of respect fo5r Boyd and crew by watchin every week.
GC

The Yousef
05-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Foose > Boyd
I lost alot of respect fo5r Boyd and crew by watchin every week.
GC

...exactly