PDA

View Full Version : question

blacknightteg
09-10-2006, 11:44 AM
alright so i want to clean/degrease my engine. whats a good way to do it on my own instead of having to take it some where or spend a shit load of money to buy shit to do o it

uproot
09-10-2006, 11:46 AM
good question mine needs a good cleanin too... hopefully someone will have some good idears

blacknightteg
09-10-2006, 12:31 PM
i mean, i know you can do it buy just covering up i think its, the distributer or something with like a trash bag so it doesnt blow it up and then like, pressure wash it. but i've heard other methods, i just dont know what to do. tired of my shit looking like ass tho

TypeRPersonality
09-10-2006, 12:49 PM
engine degreaser spray? . . . don't know the brand i have, i'll check it out later. but it works well enough.

SL65AMG
09-10-2006, 01:02 PM
they have engine degreaser spray which works really well...(worked for me anyways)... or you could go to one of those d-i-y car wash place and use that engine cleaner....ive never used that though

IntegraXTR
09-10-2006, 01:09 PM
man I'm surprise no one has said this yet.....go buy some "simple green" or "purple power" ok, then turn your engine on and spray it down with that, make sure the engine is running at operating temperture so its hot, cover up your dizzy, battery, and alternator if possible. Then if you don't have a pressure washer (you can just go to the car wash) then just take your water hose with a nozzle and spray it down. How does this work? since the engine is on and running hot already with the chemicals on it (simple green, engine degreaser, purple power) it'll melt all the grease off while your spraying it with water. Done this several times and works everytime.

Hope this answers the question.

blacknightteg
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
appreciate it shit head