PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods My car is getting retuned today...

iloveboost
09-08-2006, 09:27 AM
We're retuning with higher octane fuel (C16), side exit and more fine tuning. We used 112 octane had some ignition issues and thru a full exhaust last time.

It previously made 630whp/411 ft lbs @ 28psi. Main Stream will work their magic on it once more, so stay tuned.

I don't know how much higher the single Walbro will be able to go, so we'll see.

Pointless post, yes. I'm just excited and waiting on the call to see how much it made. Yes, I realize it's pointless until I get better tires and upgrade the transmission, but who cares. =P

Mad non-VTEC power!

Halfwit
09-08-2006, 09:52 AM
good luck

coughgetanewpassengerdoorcough

iloveboost
09-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Fresh paint and different paint scheme coming this weekend compliments of Vinh's Body Shop.

BigPoppaHurtm
09-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Who cares? Its still 0 rwhp :tongue1:

LOL jp :D good luck mang and definetly get an upgraded tranny yo :goodjob:

JDMBeau
09-08-2006, 02:16 PM
good luck man. nopefully nothing goes wrong, got pics of your side exit, my buddy has it on his integra and its pretty ghetto lol

SPOOLIN
09-08-2006, 03:36 PM
We're retuning with higher octane fuel (C16), .......side exit and more fine tuning!

who is yo mofo daddy.

iloveboost
09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Spoolin set the trend for Hondas with side exits.

Vteckidd
09-08-2006, 06:16 PM
not tonight, his tranny is just too far gone. i dont want to damage the motor.
got back to 6xx out of it, but his stock LS trans just doesnt want to come out of gear at 9000rpms. i dont want to run the risk of stretching a rod.

Maybe after he gets a Fresh GSR trans in it

93H22ACX
09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
not tonight, his tranny is just too far gone. i dont want to damage the motor.
got back to 6xx out of it, but his stock LS trans just doesnt want to come out of gear at 9000rpms. i dont want to run the risk of stretching a rod.

Maybe after he gets a Fresh GSR trans in it

let it coast down in gear :D

9000rpm on a 1.8-2.0L :eek:

try 2.2 @ 9500+:goodjob: ahaha

gl o you guys..hope u make some good power!

iloveboost
09-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Waiting on a fresh JDM GSR transmission with Quaife from HMotors...

Ah well. Better gearing and an LSD equipped transmission I'm sure will make a world of difference.

josh green
09-09-2006, 09:33 AM
yep you will probably have to have a retune just from changing the tranny. I know before spoolin had the gsr/ls hybrid he had an ls tranny that they tuned the car with. He slapped that tranny in and lost 20whp just b/c 4th was so much shorter. Made 404whp at MS and then at nopi it made 380.

umairejaz
09-09-2006, 09:44 AM
wow thats pretty sweet, post up some dyno charts when u get them in

RiceBoy
09-09-2006, 11:51 AM
yep you will probably have to have a retune just from changing the tranny. I know before spoolin had the gsr/ls hybrid he had an ls tranny that they tuned the car with. He slapped that tranny in and lost 20whp just b/c 4th was so much shorter. Made 404whp at MS and then at nopi it made 380.

Hmmm..did I hear that right?????
Don't spread misinformation...Tuning has nothing to do with tranny..It reads the Air Fuel Ratio coming out from the exhaust port.

Vteckidd
09-09-2006, 12:09 PM
HAHA

yaeh it shouldnt matter with the trans at all, the load tables and colums arent gear dependant.

Also josh that was on DIFFERENT dynos on different days, so numbers can vary especialyl with a high boosted car.

The problem is that his LS trans doesnt want to come out of gear at 9000rpms. So , even when you throw the cutch in the trans PHYSICALLY wont come out of gear. So it HANGs , and i dont like the sound of a car at 30psi HANGING at 9000rpms. thats when rods stretch.

iloveboost
09-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Haha, was pretty cool seeing my 4th gear topping out at about 145mph, hehe.

anothaRRR
09-09-2006, 03:49 PM
LOL, Nopi has their dyno outdoors and its hot as shit. Oh well....

93H22ACX
09-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by josh green
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

btw daniel...have mike spray nitrous into your intercooler :D

iloveboost
09-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't know if Mike's delicate fingers can handle the touch of anything but a keyboard. =P

josh green
09-10-2006, 12:19 AM
This is what the guy dynoing the car told me. I mean hell it was the one fab guys so I dont see why he would pull some shit out of his ass. Stock ls tranny vs. quaifed gsr, I am sure there is some drive train loss from the quaife, and shorter gearing does affect power. Not that a gsr and ls are far enough apart in gearing but it could make a difference. Also spoolins car was tuned in the same conditions that it was dynoed at, at nopi. Correction was SAE 3, the ONLY other thing it could be was a larger roller, but that is highly doubtful with it being mobile.

p.s. not to mention the motors max rpm was 8200rpm, and my car made 198whp on it which is what it made on you guys's dyno in the same conditions.

SPOOLIN
09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
no that guy dynoing the car was a tard. MY tranny didnt make me lose 30 hp, their traveling miscalibrated dyno was causing the problem. Remember everyone was losing a bushel of power accross the board. The tranny has nothing to do with the tune.

Vteckidd
09-10-2006, 11:53 PM
spoolin, i got a pic fo you

SPOOLIN
09-11-2006, 12:26 PM
i seen it. lol unless you have a better one

BoostedS2k
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
When is it going to be retuned? That is the question???

iloveboost
09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
After the car comes out of the paint booth, and the JDM GSR transmission arrives and is installed.

Debating on some carbon coated synchros before it's all back together.

v8killr
09-11-2006, 07:08 PM
be carefull man...dont trust that walbro for much more power. make sure SOMEONE watches youre fuel pressure while youre on the dyno. could be disaster man...be CAREFULL!!! such a nice setup to blow up ove a fucking walbro! lol! GOOD LUCK!!!

iloveboost
09-11-2006, 07:09 PM
We'll probably do dual Walbros in there before it's all said and done.

HeLLo iM iZzY
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
what color you paintin it??

iloveboost
09-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Sebring Silver and Nighthawk Black Pearl.

Pics to come after Nopi.

BoostedS2k
09-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah...Daniel I should be done painting the car once my playschool paint kit comes in.

v8killr
09-12-2006, 06:19 AM
We'll probably do dual Walbros in there before it's all said and done.

cool, do that BEFORE you throw it back on the dyno or you may regret it man!!! the most ive seen out of single walbro hp is like 650-675ish whp...and thats just stipid really. PUSHING the limits and that thing will fail sooner or later. :boobies:

iloveboost
09-12-2006, 08:33 AM
I think st00pid tuned a car recently to 706whp on a single Walbro. Not saying I would do the same, just saying it's been done, heh.

SPOOLIN
09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
yeah ive seen people make 700 on a single walbro, gotta upgrade flow capacity in the stock system though and have a good regulator.

Turbogixxer
09-12-2006, 10:35 AM
yaeh it shouldnt matter with the trans at all, the load tables and colums arent gear dependant.

Actually, the ECU does see what gear it is in (RPM vs Speed) and makes changes to the fuel table for a the gear. Different gearing will put a different load on the engine, thus it will affect the a/f.

Another thing, a transmission is just a TORQUE MULTIPIER, you are rating the horsepower of the engine, not how the transmission will multiply the torque.

SPOOLIN
09-12-2006, 10:51 AM
an ecu does not see gears. they see rev/boost/fuel tables.

Turbogixxer
09-12-2006, 11:19 AM
an ecu does not see gears. they see rev/boost/fuel tables.

Say what?

SPOOLIN
09-12-2006, 11:50 AM
yeah its got FUEL TRIM for the gears but it doesnt mean that changing the gear ratio is going to affect the tune.

Turbogixxer
09-12-2006, 12:12 PM
yeah its got FUEL TRIM for the gears but it doesnt mean that changing the gear ratio is going to affect the tune.

Oh lord. Think about it. If they have a fuel trim for each gear (meaning you have change the amount of fuel per gear), if you changed a transmission with different gears, you still think the tune will be the same as before?

That brings up another point, if gearing has nothing to do with horsepower output, why do you have to change the fueling per gear? Fuel will follow the VE of a engine.

Vteckidd
09-12-2006, 12:50 PM
LOL i think you guys are reading too much into it.

EmminoDaGreat
09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
volumetric efficency ftw.../\ pretty smart guy...

v8killr
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
yeah ive seen people make 700 on a single walbro, gotta upgrade flow capacity in the stock system though and have a good regulator.

i WOULD NOT trust that fuel pump with that amount of power....thats my OWN opinon. especially with all that money invested!!! just be SAFE man!!! :goodjob:

scttydb411
09-13-2006, 01:09 AM
turbogixxer is correct. going with a different geared tranny will affect the tune some. the car should be retuned when the tranny and fuel pump conversion is done. the pump conversion alone will throw the tune off as well since it will change the flow characteristics of fuel if it's working it heart out right now.

when mony's car was leaning out because of pump (reason 1 was it was a 190 when he thought it was a 255), but when he did the power upgrade it allowed to pump to fuel a little more when it got to higher cycles and obviously provided more fuel.

turbogixxer...on a side note, are you down in west palm beach? a couple people down there have called me to come down to tune their cars because their tuner is moving. i have no problem going down there since i have friends down there, but i'm looking for a lower cost alternative for the customer than for me to travel all the way down there.

josh green
09-13-2006, 01:30 AM
damn... sounds like Josh Green isnt a complete idiot after all.....

Vteckidd
09-13-2006, 12:17 PM
'''''

Wefaha
09-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Good news

v8killr
10-01-2006, 06:46 PM
updates??? tranny in yet??? whats up? :cheers:

Vteckidd
10-01-2006, 06:48 PM
he ordered a tranny, but i doubt it will make much past 650ish. Its pretty much maxed out.

but the trans should allow him to actually track it

FAHHQUE700
10-01-2006, 08:49 PM
it's called a tip table, and sometimes the tranny can have something to do with the tune. I have never tuned with any of the stuff you guys use. Just FAST, EFI Solutions, and the SCT Pro Racer Programs. But still it's all pretty much the same stuff.

One question for the owner of the car. Why don't you have the new tranny's gears face plated? it will still be streetable unlike building a proshifted tranny. And it will handle anything you can throw at it. Plus it's 10x quicker than a normal tranny. The only draw back is that it requires more maintainence. But look at it this way you drive a 600hp+ honda.... it's gonna need alotta upkeep.

700, hell even 600hp is very impressive on a single 255 Walbro, but the only thing is running 100% cycle duty on those pumps is harse. Just one recomendation to the tuner, or anybody who is using a pump that only needs a little more, or maybe a little more security can use a pump driver which is like a voltage amplifier. A bigger pump is not always the answer... to make it simple you have a 12v operating system. @ 12v a 255 LPH pump theoredically should run 255 LPH running a pump driver @ 17v produce up to 385 LPH WITHOUT killing the pump. And actaully Walbro has done many test running the pumps @ 17v with no problems, no current drops, nothing, but great results. Having too small of pump can also kill your injectors. Running those late night street races, running high voltage ignition systems, and even car stereo system robb your fuel pumps voltage... maybe your getting 11v-12.8vdc to your pump... well, it's killing it self to keep up with the injectors, and at this time, most of the tuners will have the injectors hung open in WOT @ 100% cycle duty, now your killing your injectors. Oh yeah... all the excess work from your pump & injectors causes more heat soak in the fuel. Fuel likes to be cold... this helps out with that too...

I know, I kinda went overboard on this, but oh well...
I'm only trying to help. I like to see shit like this...

PM me for more infomation.

-Andrew

scttydb411
10-01-2006, 09:53 PM
if i remember correctly there is an external relay and larger gauge wire to keep the pump voltage from sagging. also there are custom lines ran as well and the inj aren't maxed (thank god).

you're absolutely right and anyone thinking of making 450whp or more should always consider the pump mod and make sure to have an the next larger inj than you think you'll need. pushing inj at very high duty cycles is like playing a sub at full blast on a smaller amp for long periods of time w/ small gauge wire...the amp will get very hot, may fry the amp (cut off if it has thermal protection), or melt the fuse.

FAHHQUE700
10-02-2006, 05:48 AM
this peice is like a line driver for an amplifier, ups the voltage to 17vdc @ the pump where larger wire and a relay you MAY seen 13.8vdc. if the battery is getting a decent charge 14v-14.4vdc. The other draw back is the correct way to utilize this is you will have a small spike in a/f until the hobbs switch from a source of vaccum reach boost, or a certain level of sensitivity. Many people will ask, why not run it the whole time? to tell you the truth, I can't truthfuly answer the question, I was just told by pump engineers that it's not a wise idea for the rest of the fuel system.

i have seen 375 LPH supply enough fuel to 55lb low impedence injectors to 805hp. 386 LPH should be more than plenty for reaching your goals unless your lines/fuel rail(s) are too small.

Vteckidd
10-02-2006, 12:29 PM
your talking abouta fuel pump relay, SHHHHHH not everyone knows about that ;)

iloveboost
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Transmission was ordered last Friday. Should be here in the coming days.

Honestly, I'm happy with the power my car is making now. It's more than I'd ever *need* to use. Once I get some slicks, I'll be happy with my car.

At this point, all I want is a fine tune. I could care less if I don't make anymore power. If I make more power, cool. If we make the same power on less boost, great!

Only reason I'd want more power is to brag about it and make me feel cooler. In reality, 660HP vs 700HP won't make enough difference to me to put that much more stress on the engine.

SPOOLIN
10-03-2006, 10:25 AM
yeah while my engine is blown, i think im going to look at my tranny some.