PDA

View Full Version : DIY clutch jobs??

babowc
09-07-2006, 08:01 PM
hey fellers..
anyone wanna help me change out the clutch this saturday morning?
i'll buy lunch and some more.. beer or something, if you're over 21.. im 19 lol

anyways. .it'd be on a s13 with ka24de.
i have necessary tools and i'll probably go buy a few more.
got impact, tq wrench, jack, stands, etc...
just need a helping hand and someone whos a bit knowledgeable with s13s.

252 725 0888
lmk, ask for mike.

thankks.

2.0civic
09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
what car is this?

babowc
09-07-2006, 10:50 PM
oh my goodness.. haha im so sorry, i'll edit it ASAP

i4_garage
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh its a nissan!!!!!!!!!!!!>...lol...i have to think about it :)

babowc
09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
haha im just not confident i can do the job in two days turn around time.
im not exactly sure on which clutch i'll be going with.. but after soem more research.. i might go with the WB special..

that is when i get paid.. lol

bsaney
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
any DIY'ers do clutch around the ATL metro area??
the thing is, my clutch is fried.. or will be fried very soon; i was at a hill and it couldnt make it when it was in the middle of the hill.. so i had to go all the way down, speed up and go past the hill.

anyways,

if anyone is experienced or have the equipment (jacks/stand/basic stuff), i was wondering if i could come over and do a clutch job with whoever.

of course, i'd pay, but i just want to learn how to do it myself, and i'm aware clutch jobs arent very do-able by self?

lmk guys..
252 725 0888- anytime phone, i live in the gwinnett area.
[email protected] ([email protected]) - anytime email.

*edit*
sorry for the stupidity on my part..
this would be for a 1991 nissan 240sx.
i have basic tools and an impact and tq. wrench, but i have no experience in changing out clutches.. so i am out of luck :(
*/edit*

That should be a Sat evening job with the parts a buddy and 4 jackstands, unless that's some strange RWD system...
Barry

EmminoDaGreat
09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
240's are relatively easy... just like any rwd vehicle...

babowc
09-11-2006, 10:42 PM
is it?..
i dont know.. i never have done it before..
dont want to get stuck in the middle of the swap, since im hardly knowledgeable on this matter.

Okay
09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't mind helping you man. Just PM me if you still need help. THe only hard part is getting the tranny out since you don't have a lift. It would be even better if you have those long socket extensions for the bolts on top next to the firewall. Im talking about those really long sockets, like 2 feet long haha. Otherwise it shouldn't take long.

babowc
09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
haha shit..
well, acet is supposed to come help me this or next saturday..
more hands the better.. i only have like.. 6" extensions.. :(

Okay
09-13-2006, 12:09 AM
well..like i said. just pm me if you need help. 6" is way too short to reach it with the tranny mounted on the car...hahah. It's not really an extension, more like a rotational socket with a long end. I hope you plan to ressurface the flywheel since the tranny is out, don't want to go back in there again.

babowc
09-13-2006, 10:32 AM
u kno where i can get the flywheel lightened?
i bought a new one from autozone.. d21 flywheel
that shits 23#s!

need to get it to 15#s
lmk

Okay
09-13-2006, 01:50 PM
?...I don't think you can make a stock flywheel lighter, you can only resurface it. lighter flywheel like Fizdina(sp)will give you better throttle responses but usually just for track. My flywheel on the CA is so freaking heavy but I like the torque it provides^_^. You can look up any automotive machine shop(one near my house) and they can resurface it for fairly ok price.

babowc
09-20-2006, 02:32 PM
ooh.. i see :(
well
i decided not to shave it anyways.. it;'ll probably run me aobut the same cost as getting a lightened flywheel