PDA

View Full Version : Bill of Sale

JDM_Dominican
09-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Just a general question, didn't know where else to post it. When selling a car without a title, is there a specific way to write up a Bill of Sale, like do you have to print an authentic one and get it notarized or can you just write up the details on a piece of paper and have buyer and seller sign it? Thanks for the help....

~The_Duke~
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I dont know the real answer to the question, but I would type it up and print it out and get it notarized and have the buyer and seller sign it just to make as much of a paper trail as possible just in case something goes down...

PRiMAdonna
09-07-2006, 07:43 PM
there is no "authentic" bill of sale that is pre-written that you can just find & print out. I would type it, like a contract, and include all the important information that the buyer & seller agreed to, and then have both parties sign it in front of a public notary (you can find one at a bank), then the notary will notarize it, making it a certified legal document.

JDM_Dominican
09-07-2006, 07:56 PM
appreciate the help, +rep points....

tatodotcom
09-07-2006, 08:25 PM
deigo,i had to do this for my bros car....just right the important info about the sale/car and print it out and you and the seller/buyer sign it...VIN number, year, color, model, price, etc.

JDM_Dominican
09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
thanks tate, i shoulda just called u and asked....

Julio
09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
fuck all the typing bs. www.dmv.org playa, they got all your forms.