PDA

View Full Version : Where were you on 9/11?

thecrazyone
09-07-2006, 12:50 PM
i was in my 8th grade math class. and i remember at first my teacher said sumthin about people just blowing up buildings. but then we started watchin the news and pretty much everyone was leaving school.

devin
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
i was in my room watchin t.v about to go to work when i saw the second plane hit the building, shits fucked up..

8bangin302
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
i think i was at school..

AtifSajid
09-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I was at work..and read it on the Internet, then I went into the conference room and turned on the TV and started watching it from where the first plane went into the building. Watched it all until it was over that day..by the end there were like 10-15 people watching.

Hektik
09-07-2006, 12:56 PM
I was working at the tires plus of off riverside and lawrenceville suwanee. at first i thought it was just a skit or a joke on the radio station but then we turned the tv on and it was on the news.

TRINI4LIFE
09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
I was at work and my mother was in tower 2. Eight grade???? Man you are young...

B16a2 Civic
09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
i was actually suppose to be going to school, but i was sick and i was layin in bed and my sister came in my room and turned on my tv and was tellin me about it, i saw everything they showed....sad day

RandomGuy
09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
i was in HS at afterschool detention

Fuckin Language Arts teacher.

I think i posted teh story but that was my FIRST afterschool detention that year ... and ironically it was on 9/11/01 which was pretty strange

devin
09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
i was in HS at afterschool detention

Fuckin Language Arts teacher.

I think i posted teh story but that was my FIRST afterschool detention that year ... and ironically it was on 9/11/01 which was pretty strange

after school detention?? it happend in the morning:thinking:

Dirty Octopus™
09-07-2006, 01:07 PM
in school watching it on television

Later, The 9/11 Witness :yes:

8bangin302
09-07-2006, 01:07 PM
i thought it was in the afternoon ...

Dirty Octopus™
09-07-2006, 01:09 PM
i thought brunch :dunno:

Later, The Answer :yes:

devin
09-07-2006, 01:09 PM
nope it was around 9 in the morning

RandomGuy
09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
after school detention?? it happend in the morning:thinking:
lol its a long story... Ok we found out during school but the ppl announced on the PA that we should go back to school work and they'll have an announcement on the end of the day or some shit... I didn't have cable at home... but oddly enough i had a 2 hour detention at 2... and the teacher had CNN playing the whole time... i didn't fall asleep once that detention.

Its like shit was destined to be... like for me to watch that shit.... for hours and hours straight... Sure i could watch some of the shit at home on fox news and etc... but I didnt know it was at the scale it was... like the country being attacked as opposed to just a random act of stupidity

babygurl
09-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I was sitting in my living room, getting ready to go to work, and bam there it was :(

JennB
09-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I was driving to work when I started hearing about it on the radio. It was really confusing and they didn't really know what was going on. Then I got to work and we turned on a small tv we had in the office and watched. Saw the 2nd tower hit and then things got more clear. My office was no more than 3 miles from the largest Army training facility in the US.... tens of thousands of soldiers and a huge part of my city had Army ties. People were leaving their jobs to go get their kids from schools on base, people rushing to get back on post, I got more than a little nervous.

Allshow97
09-07-2006, 01:18 PM
I was sleeping before work and got a phone call from my parents about the bombing I woke up in time to catch the second plane hit on CNN.

Dirty Octopus™
09-07-2006, 01:19 PM
lol its a long story...

so... you were on Paki time. Right :goodjob:

Later, Dis Pimp :yes:

never_finished
i was in math class, sophomore year, everyone just sat and stared at the tv in shock the whole class. no one said anything.

imbosile
i was in 8th grade, georgia history. the teachers werent allowed to tell us about it so what we heard was mainly from other students that had found out from their parents calling the childs cell phones and checking them out of school. So many people left school that day, and it was all made worse with the teachers not telling us anything. We only heard bits and pieces of the story from other kids

GsrTurbo320
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
i was in my 8th grade math class. and i remember at first my teacher said sumthin about people just blowing up buildings. but then we started watchin the news and pretty much everyone was leaving school.

yep, they cancled all after school activites too.

Mchnhead2k5
09-07-2006, 01:28 PM
i was naked coming outta the shower when i saw the 2nd plane it. then went to GSU cause they didn't cancel classes til the Pentagon got hit and all hell broke loose downtown.. FREE Marta that day though.

!!fleecey!!
09-07-2006, 01:31 PM
celebrating with my dad b'c it's his birthday

hemi
09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I took my first flight ever on 9-10 to New Jersey. I was at work up there when they made the announcement. They said that it wasn't a big deal, and that we could all go back to work, then the 2nd plane hit with all ears to the radio. The whole office shut down. I spent the rest of the day in my hotel room watching CNN, and telling everybody that called me that I was ok,and didn't see smoke from my hotel room. The next morning, I went to the airport (no planes, no trains) and rented a Montero to drive home. Kept it over 100 most of the way, but I made it home in like 9 hrs...

threehundred
09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I was at school when it began. Then I drove to my hometown (where I live now) because my nephew was being born. He's the little pimp in my avatar. Best and Worst day combined. At least my family ended up with him out of the deal :)

SLOWLYbtngU
09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I was in my Sociology class Sr year, and then our school was under possible evacuation watch thx to the threat to the CDC....Yeah we were gonna be fucked had that plane not been re-routed..

The Golden Child
09-07-2006, 02:03 PM
hmmm i was sleeping from a hard night of smoking fat L's and knocking over 40 oz of OLD E ..
then my little brother came slamming through the crib woke my ass up ..
saying yo nigga the buildings on fire i jumped up like the fuck ready to hop out the window ..
then he turns the tv on and im like nigga you trying to watch tv and the buildings on fire ..
then hes like nah nigga i was talking about the twin towers ..
then i drop kicked him and then i stopped after watching the towers get hit on tv ..
my friends parents died through this and some of my friends who were going to work ..
may all of them Rest in Peace ..

Ran
09-07-2006, 02:05 PM
In school between classes somewhere. I just remember hearing everyone screaming "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!" and stuff.

RBpoweredSileighty
09-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I was at work and my mother was in tower 2....

i hope she got out right?? :???:

anyway i was sleeping then i had to go to work, the whole day sucked :cry:

TRINI4LIFE
09-07-2006, 02:09 PM
i hope she got out right?? :???:

Yeah she was one of the lucky ones. She worked on the 26th floor in Tower 2. She said that as soon as they evacuated Tower 2 she saw the second plane smashing into the tower :eek: :eek: :eek: Still give the creeps talking about it. Good looking out though

RBpoweredSileighty
09-07-2006, 02:11 PM
hey man n/p! just reading what u put gave me chills.... WOW

TRINI4LIFE
09-07-2006, 02:21 PM
hey man n/p! just reading what u put gave me chills.... WOW

I didn't even hear from her till like around 7 pm. All the phone lines were down and or busy. Shit was crazy..... She said when the tower fell she had to run inside a store b/c of all of the dust and smoke:eek: :eek: .

RBpoweredSileighty
09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
its kinda weird when u see stuff about 9-11 on tv and then u hear about it on here... it just seems diferent like more personal. yea im sure everyone who was there when the towers fell and all that debris and dust went flying everywere people wouldnt know what to think and either run as fast as u could or get into another building. i bet u were scared shitless not being able to get in touch with her till later.

devin
09-07-2006, 02:26 PM
i took it personal the second that fuckin shit happend.

hemi
09-07-2006, 02:29 PM
i took it personal the second that fuckin shit happend.

HUA~!

RBpoweredSileighty
09-07-2006, 02:30 PM
yea it was personal in a split second thats for sure

JennB
09-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I didn't even hear from her till like around 7 pm. All the phone lines were down and or busy. Shit was crazy..... She said when the tower fell she had to run inside a store b/c of all of the dust and smoke:eek: :eek: .

What company did she work for?

The company my mom worked for had about 8 floors in one of the buildings. She worked for them for about 14 years and knew , worked with and trained with people all over the east coast. In 2000, the company did some restructuring and closed a few offices, my mom's office and their sister office in Memphis were two that were closed. The company generously offered large payouts to the employees or a chance to transfer in a fully paid for move to any office in the country.... it was a wonderful opportunity and a lot of people took it and moved all over the place. Some that my mom knew well went to NYC headquarters for great jobs and a new life. Mom took the money because she didn't want to move.... but many did.

Mom worked for Marsh insurance. I'm sure a lot of you have seen their building in Buckhead.

This link says it all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_World_Trade_Center_tenants

She could barely stand to watch once they starting releasing the names on TV... I would sit there with her and she would read them off and start talking about the person... "last time I talked to him he was telling me about his kids softball games".... "she was the person that trained me when I started my job...."

RBpoweredSileighty
09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
^^^^ DAMN

VTECin5th
09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I was in a classroom and the TV we had was never on.. All the sudden the tv goes up and bam there it was.

bigdare23
09-07-2006, 02:41 PM
I was in my 9th grade social studies class watchin tv

~The_Duke~
09-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I was in my computer class making fun of CNN for their website crashing...cas we didnt have a TV in room...

TRINI4LIFE
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
its kinda weird when u see stuff about 9-11 on tv and then u hear about it on here... it just seems diferent like more personal. yea im sure everyone who was there when the towers fell and all that debris and dust went flying everywere people wouldnt know what to think and either run as fast as u could or get into another building. i bet u were scared shitless not being able to get in touch with her till later.

Hellz yeah.... I couldn't even look at the TV nor listen to the radio. I was a nervous wreck. :yes: :yes:

Nittanys1
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I was at Clemson taking a Calculus test. my room mate came in class just before it started and told me what was going on. After that we went back to our room and turned on the tv and saw the second plane

TRINI4LIFE
09-07-2006, 02:48 PM

The company my mom worked for had about 8 floors in one of the buildings. She worked for them for about 14 years and knew , worked with and trained with people all over the east coast. In 2000, the company did some restructuring and closed a few offices, my mom's office and their sister office in Memphis were two that were closed. The company generously offered large payouts to the employees or a chance to transfer in a fully paid for move to any office in the country.... it was a wonderful opportunity and a lot of people took it and moved all over the place. Some that my mom knew well went to NYC headquarters for great jobs and a new life. Mom took the money because she didn't want to move.... but many did.

Mom worked for Marsh insurance. I'm sure a lot of you have seen their building in Buckhead.

This link says it all

She could barely stand to watch once they starting releasing the names on TV... I would sit there with her and she would read them off and start talking about the person... "last time I talked to him he was telling me about his kids softball games".... "she was the person that trained me when I started my job...."

She worked for Xerox.

1439/2000
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I was in 11th grade sitting in English HIGH AS FUCK.

I hope that never happens again.

ATK_Designs
09-07-2006, 02:56 PM
I was in my CET 315 class taking a test then someone ran in and told us. So we ran out to check on it and the test was postponed :D

blown_ss
09-07-2006, 03:00 PM
i was in math class in the 11th grade. the teachers didnt want us to know about it but we demanded to know and they really didnt have a choice. everyone ended up leaving school. we ended up having a football game that night for the jv but the next night varsity was cancelled. that shit sucked.

ahmonrah
09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
i was in nite school so i was asleep when the issues began on 9-11. moms called my crib til i got up and i was watchiing tv when the first plan hit. didnt want to believe it so i asked if this was a movie preview.

The Golden Child
09-07-2006, 03:16 PM

This link says it all

yea when the names were realeased i was in LI at one of my home bois house ..
there was about 3000 people watching it on a big screen in the back yard ..
alot of people crying and friends and family members ..

Hulud
09-07-2006, 03:17 PM
why is there a post on this every year around 9/11?

RBpoweredSileighty
09-07-2006, 03:28 PM
to remember dude

ahmonrah
09-07-2006, 03:37 PM
then my brother SGTPOKER USMC trained killer called and said that all bases were defcon3 and thats when i took it serious. but i was pissed, nearly rejoined ther service to go blow up some shit. rethought it and went to school that nite.

ahmonrah
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
it was open but no classes were being held, so i went and chilled with pops(ex army/policeman) and cleaned our guns.....

HeLLo iM iZzY
09-07-2006, 03:46 PM
i was in the classroom just watchin all the planes hit the towers

Hulud
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
well anyways i was at home killing some nazi teddy bears (game reference)
turned it off and saw a huge hole in the 1st building, called my mom at work told her what was happening and as im on the phone with her the second plane hit.

my dad was in NY only a couple blocks away from the towers, had to walk back to his brothers apt, which took him 2 hours cause it was fuckin madness up there.

SL65AMG
09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
8th grade language arts class....also known as english.... watchin the news and this kid jarrod sheets walked in and looked at the tv and goes "BOOOOOMMMM HAHAHA" ....everyone just kinda looked at him and he shut up

DJ XtRaK©
09-07-2006, 04:53 PM
headed to my 2nd period class, mythogly, and my teacher flipped on the tv just as the second plane hit. i got up and drove home.

Mr_Mischif
09-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I was in 6th grade I think, learning social studies, when the administrators herded everyone into the TV room we had to see what's going on. I saw it like three minutes before the planes hit. They called all the parents and sent us home for the day. There was no music on the radio, no matter where you turned, only talk.

The Ninja
09-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I was in my 7th grade math class. FUCK Mrs. RANKIN! >.>....that is all

Jimmy B
09-07-2006, 06:46 PM
i was about to walk out the door to start work... needless to say i didnt leave for about 2 more hours... then i was glued to the tv all day, got no work done..

glad to hear your moms was ok trini!

RIP to all those that USA lost that day...

Goinfasterthanu
09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
in bed with a broke jaw and 2 broke ankels... Sucked..

Goinfasterthanu
09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
page 4 ownage

GeorgeWBush
09-08-2006, 12:49 AM
I was walking out of the Federal Reserve Bank on Maiden St. I came outside seeing one tower burning. I saw the second plane fly into the tower. I just stared in awe at what was before me. I coudln't believe what I was seeing. It was the worst day of my life. Of all the days I was down in that area on business, which wasn't very often, I can't believe it was that day. I will never be the same. I am giong to be moving back to NY in a year or so, but am now glad to call ATL home.